Just now, Maia said:

Canada isn't real.

Change my mind.

No.

And nice to see you Maia.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

1 hour ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Snowflakes looking for an excuse to get offended and take a stand

It could just be me but, this sounds a little odd coming from someone who is upset at others for being prejudicial and racial. Name calling is a major part of showing racial animosity. Anyway, I am certain that a seasoned world traveler and a lover of diverse cultures should be keenly aware that there is racial and ethnic bigotry in all parts of the world to include all races and cultures.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Processor said:

It could just be me but, this sounds a little odd coming from someone who is upset at others for being prejudicial and racial. Name calling is a major part of showing racial animosity. Anyway, I am certain that a seasoned world traveler and a lover of diverse cultures should be keenly aware that there is racial and ethnic bigotry in all parts of the world to include all races and cultures.

Yes indeed it is everywhere. The only relevant question is whether you condone it or work against it. When I watch the news and see people blowing themselves up or bombing someone from 30,000ft, or shooting their neighbours in the street, I am filled with dread and shame at the dreams and inventions that might have been.

What do you find odd about it coming from me - I have made my mark and been marked for fighting this for many years. I even went into the thick of it to try to root it out at the source. In real life, I deal with prejudiced people every day, and work to overcome my own prejudices with every interaction, whether with a new culture, religion, race, whatever. We can't help having pre-formed opinions, and they can actually be handy in an emergency. But is it not more profitable to appreciate the individual before you than the group you think they represent?

By the way, a member of your family came over this morning to stay for the next few years. Her name is Ryzen 9 3950X, and she is beautiful.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

By the way, a member of your family came over this morning to stay for the next few years. Her name is Ryzen 9 3950X, and she is beautiful.

Yes, she is a beauty indeed. Treat her well and she will grant you many hours of enjoyment. She likes to work hard though :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daveth said:

Friendly reminder that Canada is the best of the United States of America.

Indeed. We still possess the deeds to the first 13 states, and are waiting for the squatters to politely leave.

1 hour ago, Eschatos said:

Canada is merely the 51st state.

Actually we are more of a northern trophy bride. You know, better looks, a moral centre, but everyone knows who has the dosh.

I also want to add that I am very excited by the nVidia RTX 3000 announcement today, and am pissed that I have to wait until Sept 24 for a 3090 - I just fried my rig...

Edited by Buck Turgidson

1 hour ago, Eschatos said:

Canada is merely the 51st state.

51st Province.

8 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

I am a human first, I can even find common ground with Manitobans. Unfortunately, or not, I can't return to your province until I pay a 440$ speeding ticket I got when I drove my '83 Firebird in 3 sades of primer gray in the mid-90's... Honestly, I thought I fit right in.

Nationalism good

You should have been banned for your racist bullshit months ago.   Therefore, nobody gives a frick.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

13 hours ago, Old Ghost said:

Nationalism good

It's really not. The last time nationalism was a big thing, we had 2 world wars. Now it rears its ugly head again, and how is the outlook? Just look at what it has done to Iran or the US, for example.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson, 1775

3 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

You should have been banned for your racist bullshit months ago.   Therefore, nobody gives a frick.

What 'racist bullshit'? I have only ever spoken out against it, and counter trolled racist trolls.

And, apparently you give a shit.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I sense a bit of an existential crisis of a kind in your post. These are difficult and interesting times we live in as a society.

Good luck.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

5 hours ago, Roger said:

Good Luck 

but did you really have to write your own history there

Kind of. And it is only a part of my history. The context of why I am doing this at this time and in this form, coupled with my personal motivations is meant to cut through all the half-truths, lies, trolling, not only from others over the years, but from myself.

As idealistic as it is presumptuous, I foolishly tried to fight fire with fire to make the world a better place. The deep seated need by prejudiced people to justify their lack of experience, education, and closed minds by converting others is actually stronger than the prejudice itself, at least online. That is what pusillanimous minds do. I was once told, back in my RIA days, to never argue with a fool, for they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Now I will try to fight fire with something else, not out of a need to convert people to my way of thinking, but to not surrender the field to small minds. Rather, to bring like minded folks together who, like me, feel isolated, and who actually far outnumber hateful people everywhere, and to let that call its own attention. 

I stated what I stand for and against, in personal terms, in about 300 words I guess. Like anyone else, I am a whole lot more complicated than a few hundred words.

The friendship I alluded to in my OP is restored, but at a great loss to Orbis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

I sense a bit of an existential crisis of a kind in your post. These are difficult and interesting times we live in as a society.

Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah I guess it is. I have gone down this path so long, I realized I became as callous as some of the people I sought to excise from Orbis, and in the end became indistinguishable from them. I am now captain of my destiny, living deliberately, and willing to be the fool for it. This is what Orbis needs and will still be standing when my current woes are at an end.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Thanks. Yeah I guess it is. I have gone down this path so long, I realized I became as callous as some of the people I sought to excise from Orbis, and in the end became indistinguishable from them. I am now captain of my destiny, living deliberately, and willing to be the fool for it. This is what Orbis needs and will still be standing when my current woes are at an end.

Poor thing. Is your cross heavy?

• Haha 6
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

12 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Oh yeah I remember when you kept complaining about Buck making a white racist jk. Grudges hold you back ya know. Yet again, it was funny as hell!😂 Made yourself look like a lost child in a superstore. Please do it again to keep us entertained.

• Thanks 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

18 hours ago, Once-ler said:

Poor thing. Is your cross heavy?

Not really. It's made of carbon and has a wicked paint job with flames and shit. I can really move with it, and go the distance thanks to the application of advanced materials. You can't really afford it on a carpenter's salary.

16 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Oh yeah I remember when you kept complaining about Buck making a white racist jk. Grudges hold you back ya know. Yet again, it was funny as hell!😂 Made yourself look like a lost child in a superstore. Please do it again to keep us entertained.

T'was more than a joke. I was trying to do him a solid due to my long relationship with some FP members. Just clueless.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

You of all people talking about grudges holding them back.

The irony here is densely located it's become minable ore.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 9/1/2020 at 2:41 PM, Buck Turgidson said:

I have lived on 3 continents, and done business in 40 countries in my life. I teach in 2 MBA programs, am self-made, run my own tech business, consult for large and small businesses, design my own products and market them. I have worked in war zones, and do charity work with autistic coders.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, Buck Turgidson said:

Unfortunately, or not, I can't return to your province until I pay a 440$ speeding ticket I got when I drove my '83 Firebird in 3 sades of primer gray in the mid-90's... Honestly, I thought I fit right in.

Assuming you are not a professional bullshitter, that is actually kind of a bad ass and fulfilling life.

5 hours ago, Cynder said:

Assuming you are not a professional bullshitter, that is actually kind of a bad ass and fulfilling life.

It is true. I used to do intl business development for Oracle, FedEx, Network Associates, and then was responsible for training Goodyear's sales force in EMEA (1000 sales people in 27 language groups). How did I wind up here? My primary means of training is through complex web based business strategy simulations... I am old as dirt, and there are some things I wished I had never seen or experienced, but what does not kill you makes you stronger.

2 hours ago, Micchan said:

Nope I'm a cat

LkyLFlI.jpg

I knew you were a cat. I was not addressing you. If I were, J would have written in meow.

5 hours ago, Akuryo said:

You of all people talking about grudges holding them back.

The irony here is densely located it's become minable ore.

You are even more if an idiot than me, and that says a lot. Just look at your seething.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

It is true. I used to do intl business development for Oracle, FedEx, Network Associates, and then was responsible for training Goodyear's sales force in EMEA (1000 sales people in 27 language groups). How did I wind up here? My primary means of training is through complex web based business strategy simulations... I am old as dirt, and there are some things I wished I had never seen or experienced, but what does not kill you makes you stronger.

And yet for all of that experience, you've somehow managed to never learn the most basic things about human interaction?

That's genuinely impressive in its own right, fam.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

And yet for all of that experience, you've somehow managed to never learn the most basic things about human interaction?

That's genuinely impressive in its own right, fam.

Actually I am exceptionally intuitive, but you don't grow by staying in your safe zone. This place is made of pixels, and as I mentioned, I use business sims in my work. I always tell clients or students to go ahead and try things they would not do IRL, because that's what simulations are for. I am super tolerant of free speech as long as it is a conversation - this can be achieved IRL, and no one gets up in my grill IRL because I am huge and fearsome looking with scars on my forearms and face - I look like a hit man in my fedora.

Here is some intuition for you: Insanity is rare in individuals but common in groups.

Folks like this can't follow anything more than your last comment, and their only objective is to get a rise from someone.

This is the ban list from the last 48 hours on my server:

image.thumb.png.3a953424be35656407f2f57232c3b2be.png

Any advice on how to sort this out? These are the worst trolls of Orbis, and they were all under the roof of MS - I had previously kicked some of them from Yarr for racist trolling, and joined MS at Mars' insistence in a moment of doubt at being to harsh on them. I was right the first time around.

It is hard to cradle a love for free speech when it has become a dog-whistle to the far right these days, and I just hae having to ban people because the only thrill they get out their empty lives is to make base insults.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 1