End of Hostilities between TCW Sphere and Hedge/Swamp

Sweeeeet Ronny D

23 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Did we even get a name for the war? Its not official until we got a name for me to forget.

I mean here is my suggestions lol.

10 day war, why you ask.... are you that uncultured 

TCW party time, why you ask it was a party to me at least compared to the last war lel.

TCW emu wars, why emu strong of course

Between a Swamp and a Hedge, this legit sums up the war for me.

• Haha 3

Thanks to everyone for a good-natured, enjoyable and non-toxic conflict. Long may the ooc drama be banished from pnw wars, and may we never return to anything like the state we were in in the last global.

I'll now go rebuild the infra tcw nuked out of existance and tcw can go rebuild the infra my infra removals fleet confiscated, both parties safe in the knowledge that we don't hate one another.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

After a short 2 week conflict between the alliances that compose tCW sphere, and the combined alliances of Hedge and Swamp.   We have agreed to the following terms for peace between our Spheres, which will take effect starting at update tonight.

1) tCW sphere formally surrenders to Hedge and Swamp Spheres.

2) All existing wars will end to conclusion, (peace will be granted if both warring nations agree), no new wars to be declared after peace officially takes effect at next server update (aka 2 hours). New wars declared after peace is declared, will be worked out amicably between alliances.

3) 3 month nap between Hedge/Swamp, and TCW sphere, which includes all protectorates less MicroPock.  This NAP will end at update on December 1st.

Signed,

Members of Swamp, Hedge, and TCW's Sphere...  I am too lazy to get signatures for everybody.

On behalf of the members in Hedge, I want to thank Swamp for their hard work and dedication to this fight, and I would like to thank the nations we fought in tCW's sphere.  Despite your overwhelming odds, you were all classy opponents, and its nice to have a war where we are not at each others throats and can fight with at least a little bit of humor and grace.  Let's hope this becomes the norm and not the exception in orbis going forward.

Note: Morningstar is not included in these peace terms.

Umm who u? U want some rum?

I do want to clarify that the length of this war is purely a mechanics and numbers problem. The tank changes just make it even easier for the side with more planes instead of the side with less planes and the number advantage us and Hedge had added on to it. 

From start to finish our opponents made the best possible tactical choices that conserved 10s of billions of unnecessary losses during the war and much more if they had been more interested in stroking their ego than the well being of their members and anyone laughing at them over it is simply too ignorant to see the bigger picture. 

Edited by Grave
  • Upvote 1

Props to all parties for their conduct and the lack of toxicity, I’ve got to say, I’m impressed. Given how the buildup to the war went, I was expecting this to be way more toxic than it was, glad I was wrong. Props to both sides for not dragging it out forever out of spite. Hoping this is the start of a new era of wars!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

10 days war?

I mean, yeah the combat is decidedly over but... am I the only one disappointed? While we absolutely needed to correct away from 8 month globals, this seems a tad bit of an overcorrection. Where were the twists? Where was the counterplay? Adaptations to evolving situations? Evolving situations at all for that matter? 😕

Meh, I guess I shouldn't be expecting quite so much from TCWsphere, especially with how outnumbered they were. Well, GG, hope the next one's a bit more interesting. At least it wasn't toxic, outside of the inevitable small dramas of course. I'll agree with the general sentiment that that much is a very welcome improvement :)

You are right. Hedge should have switched sides to spice things up abit. Next time.

In all seriousness, I do agree with you there wasnt a big "wow" event for the viewers. I personally, didn't forsee one happening this war simply because of how the world is now. It was important to us in Hedge to show the wars don't have to be the mess that we had before. We went in, achieved our goals and got out. Was it shorter than expected? Most definitely but thats ok. 

So thank you to Swamp for all your hard work. It was truly a pleasure. Good luck in the future. 

TCWsphere you were fun to fight against. Thank you for keeping it classy and respectful. Hope the rebuild is as quick as this war. 

• Upvote 3

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

10 days war?

I mean, yeah the combat is decidedly over but... am I the only one disappointed? While we absolutely needed to correct away from 8 month globals, this seems a tad bit of an overcorrection. Where were the twists? Where was the counterplay? Adaptations to evolving situations? Evolving situations at all for that matter? 😕

Blame the new war system. Ground and pound is way too effective of a strategy now to come back from without additional fresh counters to enter in.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

5 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

After a short 2 week conflict between the alliances that compose tCW sphere, and the combined alliances of Hedge and Swamp.   We have agreed to the following terms for peace between our Spheres, which will take effect starting at update tonight.

1) tCW sphere formally surrenders to Hedge and Swamp Spheres.

2) All existing wars will end to conclusion, (peace will be granted if both warring nations agree), no new wars to be declared after peace officially takes effect at next server update (aka 2 hours). New wars declared after peace is declared, will be worked out amicably between alliances.

3) 3 month nap between Hedge/Swamp, and TCW sphere, which includes all protectorates less MicroPock.  This NAP will end at update on December 1st.

Signed,

Members of Swamp, Hedge, and TCW's Sphere...  I am too lazy to get signatures for everybody.

On behalf of the members in Hedge, I want to thank Swamp for their hard work and dedication to this fight, and I would like to thank the nations we fought in tCW's sphere.  Despite your overwhelming odds, you were all classy opponents, and its nice to have a war where we are not at each others throats and can fight with at least a little bit of humor and grace.  Let's hope this becomes the norm and not the exception in orbis going forward.

Note: Morningstar is not included in these peace terms.

We TCW lost to the Swamp/Hedge Sphere aka Emus

Awesome war guys. Large thanks from TF to our allies at The Swamp (+ Hedge) for a great performance and to our gracious opponents over at The Commonwealth sphere. This was a quick, classy and non-toxic war which has set a precedent for the wars to come. Cheers! 

5 hours ago, Seb said:

over 1k players across more than 15 alliances. This is definitely a global even though a good deal of alliances didn't participate.

Shrug, e404 accepting 150+ people inflates these numbers. I heard that the technical definition of a global is 10 or more alliances in the top 20 involved on both sides combined. 

29 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Shrug, e404 accepting 150+ people inflates these numbers. I heard that the technical definition of a global is 10 or more alliances in the top 20 involved on both sides combined. 

"For an alliance war to reach Great War/Global War status, it requires at least half of the top twenty alliances to be involved"

That is the current wiki standard. Probably needs updating, especially if we remain in a multi polar politics.

11 alliances were in the top 20 when the war started.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

On 9/1/2020 at 1:45 AM, Tartarus said:

it could be argued that this was a small global as it left out more than half of the important alliances but I would still consider it a global war as it was still pretty sizeable.