please let us embargo entire alliances

Hereno

see title

i don't feel like having to embargo so many separate nations all at once when i could just embargo the entire alliance and not have to worry about it anymore

it seems like an easy thing to code, so, you know, why not?

• Upvote 5

I agree, but it's worth noting that embargoing an entire alliance gives the embargoed nations an easy way to avoid the embargo.

So it may make sense to embargo the individual nations anyway.

Edited by Grillick
  • Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

I agree, but it's worth noting that embargoing an entire alliance gives the embargoed nations an easy way to avoid the embargo.

So it may make sense to embargo the individual nations anyway.

I agree with you that it would be awfully easy to circumvent an alliance-wide embargo by just leaving the alliance, accepting trades, etc. but I will make the addition regardless.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I agree with you that it would be awfully easy to circumvent an alliance-wide embargo by just leaving the alliance, accepting trades, etc. but I will make the addition regardless.

Exactly. If Alliance 1 has beef with Alliance 2, Alliance 1 can set an Alliance-wide embargo. This will ideally cause Alliance 2 to suffer financially. Eventually, if the embargo is widespread enough, Alliance 2's members will decide that to leave Alliance 2 is more advantageous for them. Therefore Alliance 1 will have the potential to not only hurt Alliance 2 financially, but an effective, multi-alliance embargo could even lead to successful dissolution of Alliance 2. This could work great to dissolve powerful raiding alliances if necessary. Thanks for making that addition Sheepy.

• Upvote 1

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

• 3 weeks later...

Was this ever added? I cannot seem to add an alliance via the embargo tab, only nations.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Perhaps you could make it so if you embargo an entire alliance, each single nation gets embargoed automatically, as opposed to it being tied to the ingame alliance tag. That way, even if you leave the alliance, they have to manually take you off the list.

Exactly. If Alliance 1 has beef with Alliance 2, Alliance 1 can set an Alliance-wide embargo. This will ideally cause Alliance 2 to suffer financially. Eventually, if the embargo is widespread enough, Alliance 2's members will decide that to leave Alliance 2 is more advantageous for them. Therefore Alliance 1 will have the potential to not only hurt Alliance 2 financially, but an effective, multi-alliance embargo could even lead to successful dissolution of Alliance 2. This could work great to dissolve powerful raiding alliances if necessary. Thanks for making that addition Sheepy.

The flaw is that you wouldn't leave permanently, just leave, trade and return.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

You could also add a CC to embargo nations as well. But yeah, if this was implemented I can't find it.

Oh no, that would still involve copying a bunch from the alliance members list. I like the Alliance idea.

And really I don't think people leaving their alliance would be too big of a problem. You would have to rejoin each time.

Would it be too much of a coding hassle to automatically embargo each current and future member of the alliance automatically? And then you can also remove entire alliance embargoes

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

• Administrators

Was this ever added? I cannot seem to add an alliance via the embargo tab, only nations.

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but soon.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Do you have an ETA? This weekend, next week, month?

Sheepy works on Valve time, what he meant to say was "Soonâ„¢ "

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win