Approval rating effects

Kalishma

Hello, I have a suggestion on effects approval rating, I know it may significantly affect nation's that only focus on efficiency it may chance a way on how to play.

What approval rating affects.

Before I show you the revenue will be 100% in 75% approval rating so if the approval rating is on 37.5% then revenue is 50%. The same way will apply to crime, protest, riots, electricity production, and costs, civil building efficiency, and military.

The rest will get unique consequences.

Below 0% Not possible.

0% The nation shall go to beige for 2 weeks if the nation is on 0% or lower for to long, alliance that the nation was in can send medical, police, and military to help the nation revive.

37.5% The nation gets a notification that the nation is on 37.5% and it needs to do something and if it gets below 37.5% the electricity production will start decreasing.

75% Umm....

100% Umm......

I've also like to suggest policies and current projects can also affect approval rating.

They're two types of projects and policies that affect the approval rating, (Not good at naming things) lie and no lie policies or jobs.

The lie is more effective but it has a chance of discovery. What happens when it was discovered? The approval rating will temporarily reduce and it gets worse if there's more lie policies or projects. The only policies that increased discovery is freedom of speech.

The one with no lie will be less effective.

You could say "What do you think is the solution for developed nation and it has low approval rating if it's implemented?", maybe civil will be free for a week, And land area possibly free depends on there city, it's probably the major question that give this downvotes.

What's you're opinion?

I forgot to mention that if Alex added nuclear meltdown then it could be more complicated.

Edited by Kalishma
Just adding something that I wasn't aware of.
  • Upvote 2

It's been suggested before, and no doubt will be suggested again.

The main problem with having approval rating give mechanical effects is that it is currently broken. For example, my current approval rating is -1186%, which doesn't even make sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

It's been suggested before, and no doubt will be suggested again.

The main problem with having approval rating give mechanical effects is that it is currently broken. For example, my current approval rating is -1186%, which doesn't even make sense.

Geez, I understand why it has no effect. 

• Upvote 1

Giving a nation two weeks of beige if their approval ratings gets to 0% sounds like it could be pretty easily abused to me, especially since many nations are deep in the negative ratings right now.

8 hours ago, Kalishma said:

What do you think is the solution for developed nation and it has low approval rating if it's implemented?", maybe civil will be free for a week, And land area possibly free depends on there city

I do not think this would fix the negative approval rating problem, though I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If any thing was implemented with approval rating it would require a total revamp, with caps on negative and positive overflow. (Maybe -100 to 200 as point cap, with 0 to 100 being effective rate, and new players start ~80-50 instead of 100)

and if nothing is done with it, it should probably be removed, since it is alot of pointless data with all its formulas as it stands now.

My original suggestion on approval ratings when I was new, was that they should effect your base crime rating, high approval not needing police station until higher infra, and low approval needing an extra police earlier etc.

Edited by Ukunaka
-1804.64% that was once +640%
  • Upvote 1