New Project Idea + Revision to Project System

Changeup

Just a note, none of these are officially being considered by Alex or the dev team, these are all my personal ideas.
National Institute of Technology

Upon completing the National Institute of Technology, the nation will reap a variety of benefits over time thanks to technological advancements. These include:

1. 5% Increased Yields from Raw Resource Mining. The percent increase to raw yields will go up by 0.1% every 12 turns, eventually maxing out at 15% (meaning it will be 100 days after project completion until you can receive the full benefits.)

2. Buildings will generate up to 20% less pollution, starting at a 5% decrease and going up by 0.1% every 12 turns. 

3. Nuclear Power Plants generate an extra 250 infra worth of power while consuming the same amount of resources. Wind power plants will power an extra 50 infra, and Coal/Oil plants will power an extra 100 infra.

Cost: 60,000,000$, and 4000 steel and alum. Total cost is about 120m at current market prices, so not totally exorbitant for a mid sized nation such as myself.

Revisions to Project System

1. Project timers reduced to 8 days from the current 10 (city timers remain the same).

2. One project slot per 4000 infra rather than the current 5000.

3. I think a slight decrease to project costs across the board would be beneficial given the increasing number of projects being constructed in nations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

I’d rather project and city timers be separate then the timer decreased. The base 0roject cost are fine as they are. I don’t think changing the infra per project is a good idea right now. Ideally nations should be forced to choose how to specialize their nation through projects . Right now it’s fairly easy for the top nations to get every project. Ideally this shouldn’t be the case. In the future if dozens of more projects get added then maybe.

as for the project idea itself. The project name doesn’t really match the bonuses. Also I don’t think we should have a slowly increasing bonus like that. The more things  that need to happen on a turn then the longer the turn time will take. As for the raw prod bonus I am against it. If we add projects that boost raw prod then it will harm new players as right now raw prod is the only thing new players can compete with old players. Likewise for the pollution reduction that seems abit much especially because we have a different project that reduces pollution.

for a project named institution of technogy     I would recommend a different buff. For example you can make it reduce project cost by 5% and then keep the nuclear bonus.

• Like 1

Just now, Changeup said:

I think this should be a domestic policy, tbh.

There already is a domestic policy that reduces project cost by 5%, called Technological Advancement.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 8/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, Changeup said:

Just a note, none of these are officially being considered by Alex or the dev team, these are all my personal ideas.
National Institute of Technology

Upon completing the National Institute of Technology, the nation will reap a variety of benefits over time thanks to technological advancements. These include:

1. 5% Increased Yields from Raw Resource Mining. The percent increase to raw yields will go up by 0.1% every 12 turns, eventually maxing out at 15% (meaning it will be 100 days after project completion until you can receive the full benefits.)

2. Buildings will generate up to 20% less pollution, starting at a 5% decrease and going up by 0.1% every 12 turns. 

3. Nuclear Power Plants generate an extra 250 infra worth of power while consuming the same amount of resources. Wind power plants will power an extra 50 infra, and Coal/Oil plants will power an extra 100 infra.

Cost: 60,000,000$, and 4000 steel and alum. Total cost is about 120m at current market prices, so not totally exorbitant for a mid sized nation such as myself.

Revisions to Project System

1. Project timers reduced to 8 days from the current 10 (city timers remain the same).

2. One project slot per 4000 infra rather than the current 5000.

3. I think a slight decrease to project costs across the board would be beneficial given the increasing number of projects being constructed in nations.

IMO, your NIT project seems overpowered. I think that would just become a must-have for every nation, whereas I think projects that create more strategic trade-offs are better for gameplay.

In terms of revisions to the project system, similarly I don't think we should make projects easier to get or more available for the same reason - if everyone can just have every project, there is no strategic decision making involved, no room for different and varied playstyles, etc.

As for project timers, I agree they should be reduced. IMO, it would be good to separate project/city timers and reduce both to something like 7 days (1 week).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 9/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, Alex said:

IMO, your NIT project seems overpowered. I think that would just become a must-have for every nation, whereas I think projects that create more strategic trade-offs are better for gameplay.

In terms of revisions to the project system, similarly I don't think we should make projects easier to get or more available for the same reason - if everyone can just have every project, there is no strategic decision making involved, no room for different and varied playstyles, etc.

As for project timers, I agree they should be reduced. IMO, it would be good to separate project/city timers and reduce both to something like 7 days (1 week).

You could make it so that you can only have the National Institute of Technology if you don't have any of the manufactured resource projects.

GnWq7CW.png