New Content discussion

Prefontaine

It would be really nice if the changes could be announced along with an implementation date a week or more in the future so that people can coordinate timing and plan appropriately, especially as it pertains to resource demands.  (When is the targeted release?)

Secondly, I know you said treasure transfers won't roll out this update, but if that continues to be explored, you have to mitigate the opportunity for the wealthiest players in the alliance holding all the treasures to max the benefits to the AA, which would be what naturally occurs probably.  

Edited by Lord Tyrion

31 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

You can see my post on the first page of the thread. I am for more ways of gaining project slots. Alex is not. I'm often advocating for such but when he decides one way or another on something it is what it is.

When the change rolls live what Alex and I discussed was every leadership role gets defaulted to no authority except any nations in the top spot. Those nations will have all boxes checked for what they can have the power to do. From there they can check boxes for different ranks as they see fit.

Treasure trading will not be added to this current update. It's been a while since I last talked to Alex about it and I don't remember his stance on it. I'll mention it next time we talk. 

Mhm. More ways of acquiring extra project slots are definitely needed considering this puts us at 13 new projects with this update. 

As for the treasures, yeah as I said, don't expect it this update as its obviously gonna happen soon. To prevent hijacking the thread, I started a new topic about it here 

1 hour ago, Lord Tyrion said:

It would be really nice if the changes could be announced along with an implementation date a week or more in the future so that people can coordinate timing and plan appropriately, especially as it pertains to resource demands.  (When is the targeted release?)

Secondly, I know you said treasure transfers won't roll out this update, but if that continues to be explored, you have to mitigate the opportunity for the wealthiest players in the alliance holding all the treasures to max the benefits to the AA, which would be what naturally occurs probably.  

They get put onto the test server for a few days before moving live. That's about the most notice I can give. Depends on how long QA testing goes in some cases.

scSqPGJ.gif

On 9/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, Prefontaine said:

• All alliance roles will come with a check list for which powers those positions have.
    • Bank Access
    • Changing Roles
    • Ability to see spy counts
    • Ability to see daily reset timers (time zones)
    • Editing Tax Brackets
    • Accept new members
    • View member caches
  • Notification when a war expires
  • Treaties can be extended rather than deleted and resent.

The changes in the OP are effectively finalized at this point. If anyone has permissions that gov will need that I can approve to add to this list please let me know, and quickly. I've been given word these changes will likely come out sooner rather than later in terms of the production time line, which is why I want to get any last minute additions finalized today.

Only other thing I could possibly think of is giving a permission to just "Edit Alliance Description". Probably not wholly useful but something to keep in mind should High Gov want the ability to switch out their Low Gov and make appropriate changes.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

On 8/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, Prefontaine said:

Allow for alliances to issue embargoes for other alliances. The embargoes auto activate but give a notification to the member with the option to remove the embargo.

Upon further review I think this would be a net-negative impact on the game. I think alliance leaders like the idea but embargoes, especially mass embargoes, can be utilized to great effect but have always been impractical due to coordination purposes. I think coordination should still be the main limiting effect on such a potentially powerful tool.

The onus should be on the player(s) to either embargo or not, activity/competence playing a factor here, rather than allowing a single leader make an in-game decision for entire blocs of nations. Basically I think this oversteps a bit into bot/multi territory. The leader can just as easily mass-message or announce a mass embargo if needed.

On 8/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, Prefontaine said:

Treaties can be extended rather than deleted and resent.

Why not just make it so treaties don't expire? In-game expiration hasn't facilitated less paper (to my knowledge) so I think it's a good QoL change to just make them permanent until cancelled.

On 12/2/2020 at 2:14 PM, Roberts said:

Why not just make it so treaties don't expire? In-game expiration hasn't facilitated less paper (to my knowledge) so I think it's a good QoL change to just make them permanent until cancelled.

A side consideration for this one. Some alliances allow their members only to raid inactive nations in alliances that are not tied to top-50. When alliances go inactive over time, if the treaties don’t expire they all stay out-of-bounds for those that can only raid unaffiliated alliances. 
it is minor but still a consideration to keep expiration aspect there. I feel it at least make people consider whether to renew, at times have a short chat.

2 hours ago, Ketya said:

A side consideration for this one. Some alliances allow their members only to raid inactive nations in alliances that are not tied to top-50. When alliances go inactive over time, if the treaties don’t expire they all stay out-of-bounds for those that can only raid unaffiliated alliances. 
it is minor but still a consideration to keep expiration aspect there. I feel it at least make people consider whether to renew, at times have a short chat.

your leadership can cancel treaties at any time if i am not mistaken.

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

your leadership can cancel treaties at any time if i am not mistaken.

Correct. 

I didn’t do a good job explaining, I guess. For instance, I couldn’t raid inactives in Morningstar when it had treaties with a bunch of others. Now that MS looks like dead and their treaties are expired, I can raid them. If there is no expiration on treaties, those ‘dead’ alliances kind of stay protected by others.