New Content discussion

Prefontaine

1. I would lower it down to 5 for less clutter

2. Specialized Police should give one more station not hospital

Otherwise it's fairly an awesome list of ideas

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

4 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

1. I would lower it down to 5 for less clutter

Otherwise it's fairly an awesome list of ideas

i assume specialized police gives an extra station, but its just a thing pre forgot to switch while copy-pasting. 

i have a concern about the spies though. would it not be more beneficial to increase their recruitment rate, instead of keeping a few in reserve slots? as it stands right now, you can wipe out a week's worth of spies with just one operation. only being able to buy, at most, 4 spies a day isn't enough; you'll lose them much faster than you can gain them, meaning that if you're the first to lose spies, you'll be screwed in a war. @Prefontaine

Edited by epsteindidntkillhimself
am big dumb who forgot ping
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

2 minutes ago, Lossi said:

I mean, I'm all for more hospitals, but, I don't think the police will help me here

Typo removed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

4 minutes ago, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

i assume specialized police gives an extra station, but its just a thing pre forgot to switch while copy-pasting. 

i have a concern about the spies though. would it not be more beneficial to increase their recruitment rate, instead of keeping a few in reserve slots? as it stands right now, you can wipe out a week's worth of spies with just one operation. only being able to buy, at most, 4 spies a day isn't enough; you'll lose them much faster than you can gain them, meaning that if you're the first to lose spies, you'll be screwed in a war. @Prefontaine

I hear with the satellite you can get like 30 kills in an op, actually.

Great stuff.

Two things:

1. Is it possible to change the additional project slot requirements to wars fought instead of wars won? I think that would make them more accessible since it's mostly raiders with a high wars-won stat (due to the nature of the beige mechanics, before and current.)

2. Because the amount of project slots accessible to new nations are thin, I don't think the first land project helps them (as I'm assuming it was meant to target them), I would either combine that with the second project and increase the cost by 200%, or leave it as a second but more expensive project (100% more than the second one, perhaps). I reckon only really large nations will be using it, anyway.

Alternative to 2. Make even more additional project slots that are accessible to newer nations. Even right now as a city 21, I'm maxed on projects, having left a lot of useful ones out due to lack of project slots.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Look up to the sky above~

2 minutes ago, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

Part of the dev group discussions regarding spies has talked about reduction in casualties in spy v spy attacks.

To your other point, reserve system will let you rebuild during a war if you get 0'd out. The additional extras speed up the rebuild process by a few days while still allowing for people who 0'd your spies to gain the advantage of more freely using their spies against you while you rebuild and try to come back out with max spies.

• Like 2

scSqPGJ.gif

6 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Part of the dev group discussions regarding spies has talked about reduction in casualties in spy v spy attacks.

To your other point, reserve system will let you rebuild during a war if you get 0'd out. The additional extras speed up the rebuild process by a few days while still allowing for people who 0'd your spies to gain the advantage of more freely using their spies against you while you rebuild and try to come back out with max spies.

i get your point, but that still doesn't feel like enough, no? even if you're in beige, you'll still get spied. with 3 operations against you per day, enemies can use 1 op to kill off your 10 spies, and maybe even the extra you have retrained. the odds of you being able to rebuild and come out with a decent chunk of spies again is astronomically low, especially if you're up against a competent opponent.

Edited by epsteindidntkillhimself
i cant spell :notlikethis:

1 minute ago, Hime-sama said:

Great stuff.

Two things:

1. Is it possible to change the additional project slot requirements to wars fought instead of wars won? I think that would make them more accessible since it's mostly raiders with a high wars-won stat (due to the nature of the beige mechanics, before and current.)

2. Because the amount of project slots accessible to new nations are thin, I don't think the first land project helps them (as I'm assuming it was meant to target them), I would either combine that with the second project and increase the cost by 200%, or leave it as a second but more expensive project (100% more than the second one, perhaps). I reckon only really large nations will be using it, anyway.

Alternative to 2. Make even more additional project slots that are accessible to newer nations. Even right now as a city 21, I'm maxed on projects, having left a lot of useful ones out due to lack of project slots.

1) It would have to be wars won + wars lost. Problem with wars fought is me and some buddies could just sit around in do nothing wars that expire to get the project slot. That would be slot filling, sure, but I don't think we want to push Alex regarding slot filling right now.. For.. Reasons.

2) I wouldn't say it's 100% for smaller nations due the benefit for land reduction is low. I do get the project struggle for newer, or smaller players. I'm more in the corner of adding new methods to gain project slots. Alex wasn't too big on the idea the first time I pitched that, but we got a few out of the deal. If I keep steadily sprinkling them in maybe he won't notice >.>

1 minute ago, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

i get your point, but that still doesn't feel like enough, no? even if you're in beige, you'll still get spied. with 3 operations against you per day, enemies can use 1 op to kill off your 10 spies, and maybe even the extra you have retrained. the odds of you being able to rebuild and come out with a decent chunk of spies again is astronomically low, especially if you're up against a competent opponent.

I think you're missing the new spy system. The spies you build go into an undeployed status after being built. While undeployed they cannot be killed, they don't defended you, and they cost less upkeep. Once you've built up as many spies (up to your max) as you want, you can move them all to active status where they function as normal. Effectively you can rebuild to max spies without risk of losing the spies your rebuilding. 

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Can you get rid of terraforming after getting advanced engineering or do you have to keep the requirement fulfilled? i assume almost everyone will want a 5% reduction in infra cost but won't care much about land if at all.

• Haha 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

5 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

1) It would have to be wars won + wars lost. Problem with wars fought is me and some buddies could just sit around in do nothing wars that expire to get the project slot. That would be slot filling, sure, but I don't think we want to push Alex regarding slot filling right now.. For.. Reasons.

2) I wouldn't say it's 100% for smaller nations due the benefit for land reduction is low. I do get the project struggle for newer, or smaller players. I'm more in the corner of adding new methods to gain project slots. Alex wasn't too big on the idea the first time I pitched that, but we got a few out of the deal. If I keep steadily sprinkling them in maybe he won't notice >.>

I think you're missing the new spy system. The spies you build go into an undeployed status after being built. While undeployed they cannot be killed, they don't defended you, and they cost less upkeep. Once you've built up as many spies (up to your max) as you want, you can move them all to active status where they function as normal. Effectively you can rebuild to max spies without risk of losing the spies your rebuilding. 

ah, so there's no cap on the undeployed spies? that's fair, my bad for missing that part.

2 minutes ago, epsteindidntkillhimself said:

ah, so there's no cap on the undeployed spies? that's fair, my bad for missing that part.

There is a cap on undeployed spies. You can have 5 more than max, and if you have projects you can have some bonuses above that. I think I might've left out the spy sat bonus on this one but the dev group isn't 100% on that one anyway. Basically it goes like this:

• All Nations can build an additional 5 reserve spies above the max
  • All nations with the CIA project can build an additional 5 reserve spies (10 total) above the max
  • All nations with the spy sat project can build an additional 5 reserve spies (15 total) above the max.
  • You spy count is equal to your undeployed and active duty spies combined.

Some examples:

• You have no spy projects, your max spies is 50. You have 50 active duty spies and 5 undeployed spies. You cannot build any more spies at this time.
  • You have no spy projects, your max spies is 50. You have 10 active spies, 30 undeployed spies. You can buy 15 more spies at this time  (obviously not at once).
  • You have CIA project. Your max spies is 60. You have 5 active spies. You have 0 undeployed spies. You can buy 65 more spies at this time. 
  • You have CIA project. Your max spies is 60. You have 60 active spies. You have 0 undeployed spies. You can build 10 more spies at this time. (they can't leave undeployed status though cus your active are at max)

Make sense?

12 minutes ago, Dryad said:

Can you get rid of terraforming after getting advanced engineering or do you have to keep the requirement fulfilled? i assume almost everyone will want a 5% reduction in infra cost but won't care much about land if at all.

I would say you have to maintain the requirement for the project to function. A pop-up should be added for deleting projects that have requirements to indicate such. Thanks for bringing this up.

scSqPGJ.gif

1 minute ago, Roger said:

Also why should alliance trades be shown to everyone 

They're not. When you look at global trades, any available alliance trades will also be viable to you. This way you can prioritize selling to your alliance mates, or allies, etc...

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

They're not. When you look at global trades, any available alliance trades will also be viable to you. This way you can prioritize selling to your alliance mates, or allies, etc...

And the part 1 of my question 

the logo part

most important part 

7 hours ago, KiWilliam said:

Rapid Expansion? Not the final frontier or Homestead Act (Homesteading)?

My first thought was the naming conventions on most of these need to be re-thought :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gudea said:

I don't see how wars won equate with project slots....seems that's kinda like a 'random' idea. Project slots equate with number of cities and infra, even though I have the 200 wars won.

I'm not dismissing the rest of the post, just thinking about it. To address the quoted part, raiders typically don't have high infra numbers, this will allow players with that play style to earn some project slots.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

scSqPGJ.gif

the vast majority of the wars i fought predate the wars won and wars lost stats being added. did those wars get saved anywhere or are they gone forever? losing out on project slots because my fighting was done before the game kept track of them would be annoying.  and at my infra levels it would be cheaper to buy more infra to open up project slots then to fight new wars to open slots and then rebuy infra. especially since losing infra would reduce the number of project slots available to me.