Vampiria Marches Forward

Eva-Beatrice

August 16th - the city of Beijing

With the recent expulsion of the Demon Army from Vampirian territory behind them, the country had begun the process of rebuilding. The success experienced by the vampires was due in no small part to Kaname Kuran. While many of the nation's older vampires were already familiar and loyal to him and the Kuran family, the younger generations of vampires were not, that is, until his recent feats against the Demon Army. His success on the battlefield attributed to his rise in popularity across Vampiria, leading him straight into power as King. The Forbidden City Palace had been transformed into the residence and headquarters of the new King and his government, which had yet to be completely formed. Kaname already knew who would be seated beside him in this new government. It was only a matter of locating or awakening them.

For now, an interim government was created to assist the King until he could select a proper one. Following the expulsion of the demons, Kaname had been briefed on the current state of the war and east Asia. He agreed that dealing with the People's Republic of China should be considered a priority, and authorized the Vampirian military to invade and capture the Communists' final remaining territory in Qinghai province. The meeting with his advisers would continue to discuss Vampiria's future. The topic of Tibet and the Bao Dynasty would soon be brought up. Kaname was familiar with the existence of the newly formed Dynasty, but not much more than that.

An adviser would further explain the situation to him. "If I may, my lord. The Bao Dynasty is a new nation that has formed from the ashes of the People's Republic of China. We don't know much about them, other than they're currently in conflict with the remnants of the Communist forces throughout China, and they don't seem too interested in fighting us. However, they seem to have held a meeting with MoG[Corp] recently, and there is concern that the Corporation will use the Bao Dynasty as a means to reach us. The last thing we need is foreign intervention in our war." Kaname took in this information, thinking for a moment. "I see, and what role does Tibet have in this?"

The adviser continued. "Following the breakout of the Sino-Rokkenjima War and up until the formation of the Bao Dynasty, Tibet has remained independent. Their eastern territory is now claimed by the Bao Dynasty, however. We're acutely aware of the Tibetan government's desire to remain independent. This would be the perfect opportunity for Vampiria to strike a deal with the Dalai Lama." Kaname responded. "What do you suggest?" "We negotiate a deal for Vampiria to claim Tibet's remaining territory, under the conditions that we agree not to feed on Tibet's population and that Vampiria will return all of Tibet's territory to them following the conclusion of the war. Also, considering what we know about the Bao Dynasty's meeting with a foreign nation, I suggest that we take preemptive action against them. If we can manage to secure additional coastline along China's eastern border, that will only make our war against the other nations easier."

Kaname absorbed all this information. He studied the map closely, thinking things over for several moments. "I...agree. Very well. Send our proposal to the Dalai Lama. If he accepts, we will then prepare to take preemptive action against the Bao Dynasty. Until then, we will reinforce our borders. Our forces are free to feed on the people of Qinghai, including those with the virus. In the meantime, I will leave things to the rest of the government while I locate the members I have in mind. Am I understood?" Everyone present kneels. "Yes, my lord!"

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

• 2 weeks later...

While Kaname was still out, his advisers met to discuss the current state of Asia. The Bao Dynasty had seemingly fallen. With no official government remaining, the remnants of the CCP that were scattered throughout China returned in an attempt to reclaim the power they once held. It was now that China was at its weakest, with civilians taking up arms and seizing military equipment, the CCP would face quite the uphill battle in reclaiming China. With the current situation as it is, Vampiria would follow through on their agreement with Tibet and withdraw their forces, instead focusing on their original plan of invading what remains of China and feeding on their population. Vampiria would capture what remained of Qinghai province and move south into Sichuan province.

• 4 weeks later...

With the ongoing power struggle in China throwing what remained of the country into chaos, Vampiria had an easier time than ever encroaching on its remaining territory. In the south, the vampires had quickly captured half of Yunnan province. Behind closed doors, plans had been drafted for the country to push into southeast China with the hope of establishing additional ports. Doing so would allow Vampiria to build up a naval presence in the region, and eventually launch an assault on the other countries from the north and south. In the northeast, Vampiria's army had captured the rest of Hebei province. Since the Demon Army's defeat in China, fighting between the countries had stalled. However, between the instability in China and Vampiria's continued aggressive expansion, that wouldn't remain the case for much longer.