Onward Together

matt2004

Out of interest, @Axley, when did you first join the UPN community? When you took this job, did anyone explain to you the scale of the ill will, and just how many years it sometimes dates back to?

Le1AjCa.png

34 minutes ago, Ben-Gurion said:

Good old Peggy Sue 

That's a bold thing to say when the old school R&R community is still partially intact 👀

Le1AjCa.png

14 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

All I'm reading are excuses. You disliked Under's actions but reelected the Prime Minister again who was responsible for making Under a representative of your alliance during peace talks. Your Prime Minister was inactive due to irl issues but he and you all failed to replace him with someone who was not inactive and could've kept Under in check if it actually was such a concern to you. You were aware of what Under did but couldn't be bothered to speak up against it because he was your "source of information" basically coming down to the fact, that you were all just too lazy to inform yourself about Orbis and PnW and other alliances.

(On a side note: Considering how condemnable you found his actions, you still believed that he was a good source of information? It did not dawn on you that he was presenting you a heavily skewed version of things considering that you were aware of how he was behaving during peace talks?)

Let's be real here. For the past few years you were always able to stick to your alliance with Acadia because at the end of the day you could always hide behind the power that were NPO and BK. Just like the leadership of Acadia and Polaris, this whole thing completely went to your head and you thought yourself in a most comfortable position where you were calling the shots. This then failed because your big protectors were all involved in an elaborate cheating scheme. So what follows is white peace and six months of peace during which you all went radio silent. After six months of said peace during which you had plenty of time to make amendments, you then drop the person you consistently rallied behind (a lack of speaking out or taking consequences does not exclude you from guilt) in an effort for a last minute publicity stunt. And then you try to "explain" it away in good old fashioned IQ style with nonsensical excuses like "Our PM was away for 14 months" and "We only just had an election for the first time in five years".

Anything I forgot?

Edit: Also the fact that matt let's you all now take the heat instead of speaking up himself here really says a lot about his leadership in all honesty.

My role is not elected.

I am more than aware of my responsibility in the appointment and supervision of all ministers in the Executive side of UPN. The overall responsibility stops with me, not my members, not my lower ministers or MPs.

I was not inactive for a period of 14 months, the timeframes are inaccurate. We did have a long period of increased delegation that is being referenced however - and changes were planned to be introduced before the beginning of the NAP Period - those changes are now being adopted internally at pace. Yes - my activity did drop at the beginning of the COVID pandemic - my hours in the Health Service increased drastically. That is not an excuse for lack of oversight - and that again falls down to me - not my membership.

The departure of Under is not a "last minute publicity stunt". It isn't the responsibility of my MPs to explain a decision that was made by me alone.

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png

Looks like some people didn't learn from Camelot's thread a month or two ago.

You're all accessories to Under's crimes and offenses which were carried out in the name of UPN.   Getting rid of the figurehead doesn't absolve you of sin...it just looks desperate.

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

3 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Oh definitely you'll get back to us lmfao

Either your alliance in the 3rd page or crucified on the cross for being wimps

I admire that enthusiastic bloodlust.

Would you like some friendly sparring when the NAP ends? Me and you seem to be close in tiering.

2 hours ago, Avakael said:

Out of interest, @Axley, when did you first join the UPN community? When you took this job, did anyone explain to you the scale of the ill will, and just how many years it sometimes dates back to?

I joined UPN under a different nation 5 years ago. I left on good terms to help Emmad and Victor Truchev in The Teutonic Order Then I deleted my nation left the game as a whole while I was deployed in the army. After I came back to pnw I rejoined TTO until its disbandment. I then went back to UPN. I'm well aware of the ill will towards my alliance and ive had enough of it. 

1 minute ago, Axley said:

I joined UPN under a different nation 5 years ago. I left on good terms to help Emmad and Victor Truchev in The Teutonic Order Then I deleted my nation left the game as a whole while I was deployed in the army. After I came back to pnw I rejoined TTO until its disbandment. I then went back to UPN. I'm well aware of the ill will towards my alliance and ive had enough of it. 

war wont solve anything we need to earn the respect back 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Axley said:

I'm well aware of the ill will towards my alliance and ive had enough of it. 

I look forward to seeing the inevitably very funny results of where this sense of entitlement is going to take you.

Le1AjCa.png

33 minutes ago, Axley said:

Actually, it kinda does, action speaks louder than words and war is the biggest medium of action here. I been high gov in several micros and only one of them got far in forging strong friendships due to being able to rise to the occasion and learn from its mistakes.

Honestly, when you said that, it came off as an obvious attempt at damage control to me.

1 hour ago, Windseeker said:

I admire that enthusiastic bloodlust.

Would you like some friendly sparring when the NAP ends? Me and you seem to be close in tiering.

Of course! if your people want action, it's whatever bro you can lose too shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeet

Go ahead and sign a treaty with TCW and UPN so we can get this going

Lxr4VfE.png

6 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Of course! if your people want action, it's whatever bro you can lose too shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeet

Go ahead and sign a treaty with TCW and UPN so we can get this going

Oh I was thinking along the lines of one on one, mano-a-mano. If I had it my way, I'd nuke rogue UPN and 'my people' too lol

5 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

Oh I was thinking along the lines of one on one, mano-a-mano. If I had it my way, I'd nuke rogue UPN and 'my people' too lol

Boi da frick, I only do 5v1s bro

None of that 1v1 silly shit. That's only for frickers that can't do FA to save their lives!

We undefeated page 1 out here cuhhhhhh

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Lxr4VfE.png

10 hours ago, Matt2004 said:

My role is not elected.

I am more than aware of my responsibility in the appointment and supervision of all ministers in the Executive side of UPN. The overall responsibility stops with me, not my members, not my lower ministers or MPs.

I was not inactive for a period of 14 months, the timeframes are inaccurate. We did have a long period of increased delegation that is being referenced however - and changes were planned to be introduced before the beginning of the NAP Period - those changes are now being adopted internally at pace. Yes - my activity did drop at the beginning of the COVID pandemic - my hours in the Health Service increased drastically. That is not an excuse for lack of oversight - and that again falls down to me - not my membership.

The departure of Under is not a "last minute publicity stunt". It isn't the responsibility of my MPs to explain a decision that was made by me alone.

Quite entertaining to me that you pop up for your second post since 2018 and choose to address Mitsuru's baseline comments and argue about timelines rather than actually explaining the decision you made and starting to make the changes you are claiming to make, or addressing the several other posts with valid points. Genuine thank you for the work you are doing during the pandemic, but then especially why does Noreen not even have a forum account as your 2IC? In your absence, someone else should be speaking up from high gov. If the buck does, in fact, stop with you, then we are owed an explanation and plan of action from you, not your MPs, even if it feels like that was the goal.

12 hours ago, Matt2004 said:

My role is not elected.

2 hours ago, Benfro said:

Quite entertaining to me that you pop up for your second post since 2018 and choose to address Mitsuru's baseline comments and argue about timelines rather than actually explaining the decision you made and starting to make the changes you are claiming to make, or addressing the several other posts with valid points. Genuine thank you for the work you are doing during the pandemic, but then especially why does Noreen not even have a forum account as your 2IC? In your absence, someone else should be speaking up from high gov. If the buck does, in fact, stop with you, then we are owed an explanation and plan of action from you, not your MPs, even if it feels like that was the goal.

The claims conflict. Some in UPN claim under was kicked/banned while some seem to claim he left on his own accord. 

I digress. t$ does not feel like it is owed anything by UPN but similarly you we don't owe you any pity, goodwill or patience. A half-baked forum thread and under hopping off for a bit to get the heat off of you is not really going to change much to your political situation. Particularly when you seem unable or unwilling to take accountability for under's actions in any way, shape or form.

If anything, the deafening silence in backrooms even as this thread developed has made that clear. In that light, your rhetoric is shown to be hollow.

(Edit: And echoing benfro: Thanks for your work during the pandemic)

Edited by Prefonteen

os9LcJK.gif

13 hours ago, Matt2004 said:

My role is not elected.

Was that a fever dream of Axley then or why did he talk about elections?

13 hours ago, Matt2004 said:

I was not inactive for a period of 14 months, the timeframes are inaccurate

You should not dwell too much on exact time frames. I picked something up that was roughly estimated in this thread before and not negated by your peers. Rather than talking about this I suggest you should focus your attention on the points that have been made by people like Benfro or Partisan.

Roast UPN all day long but anyone saying they should've stood by Under... nah. He should've had the boot so much sooner. Years sooner. He's been a running meme in the community on par with Inst for as long as I remember playing PnW.

Don't actively encourage people to stand by toxic people because of alliance seniority. Grow a spine, grow a brain, get out of that tribalism mindset. Hopefully UPN are actually washing their hands of him and this isn't just a show.

• Upvote 3

@Benfro @Mitsuru as 2 people ive never met nor spoken to i care not for what you have to say about me and as for Citrusk and Cooper they may be your friends however that means you should easily be aware of the public image they hold 
when 60% of the game thinks your toxic your probs toxic and most people dont call me toxic they call me idiotic or eccentric or shady not toxic 

furthermore i come forward with Bugs and actively work on investing in many player ran businesses as well as sponsor several multi alliance games and give away random gifts to the public if you dont know me please dont act like you do 

and my previous post mentioned Under and the Current UPN FA stating my knowledge of both just because it doesnt agree with your tastes doesnt change the fact its my take on the matter now mind not insulting me without even looking into my history cause i find your lack of understanding unbefitting of making claims about ppl you know nothing about 

• Downvote 12

On 8/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, Insert Name Here said:

Getting rolled isn't so bad, I was in the shit tier during that entire war while IQ used and then double crossed any alliance they could. Y'all should either have booted Under and distance yourselves before it was too late or simply support him till the end.

Honestly, this.  I mean in its past 3 wars, TKR eventually got rolled all three times.  We're stronger because of it.  Mostly everyone here has made mistakes, and–to some degree or another–mostly everyone has paid for them in some way.  A large part of accepting responsibility for actions is also accepting the consequences.  If you do get rolled and you bounce back even stronger, you'll earn respect and have new paths open up to your FA.  And I'm unaware of anyone who would subject you to what we were subjected to last war.  A few weeks and a decent bit of pixels destroyed.  
This is also why I think the original post rings so hollow.  I understand that y'all claim the timing is simply unfortunate, but, given your history and position, y'all don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure what you expected Orbis to think besides that this is a naked move to protect your hides, the SAME sort of behavior that got UPN in trouble in the first place.  Pixel-hugging is antithetical to what I'd want to achieve if I were in your shoes.  

Now to be clear, this isn't an open endorsement to roll UPN, but I thought the context was important enough to add.  The first steps towards taking responsibility are quitting with the pansy "shoulda-coulda-woulda" excuses, starting to acknowledge what you did wrong, and showing the rest of Orbis how you plan to fix it.  You didn't accomplish any of that here.  And maybe that gets you rolled, but you'll come out the other end with your community intact and a whole potential future to explore.  

I mean it wasn't that long ago that most of the world had issues with TKR and decided to hit us in KF.  I like to think that we've learned a lot since, and I know we're in a much better spot from an FA perspective despite having made missteps.  There are many other alliances that have similar stories.  It is up to you guys to make it happen and turn over a new leaf.  Until that point, you can damn expect that you'll be subjected to intense scrutiny.  Fix it and be better.  Maybe then we can talk.

That's about the extent of the good faith I have to offer you guys.

7 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

@Benfro @Mitsuru as 2 people ive never met nor spoken to i care not for what you have to say about me and as for Citrusk and Cooper they may be your friends however that means you should easily be aware of the public image they hold 
when 60% of the game thinks your toxic your probs toxic and most people dont call me toxic they call me idiotic or eccentric or shady not toxic 

I was going to ignore this as I don't really care what you have to say about me.  My reputation speaks for itself.  I don't have the time of day to worry about someone getting salty about having his one-man AA denied protection.  But insulting a leader of one of my protectorates goes too far.  Having worked with him for months, I can say that all of us in TKR are proud to have Citrus and Oceania as a protectorate.  He, along with the Oceania team, have done great work in a building a community, and that's everything I ask of them.  

I have no desire to get into the specifics of your troubled history or to see this exchange continued.  Desist and bring your comments elsewhere.  Say whatever you want about me, but don't f@#k around with my allies.  I take that seriously, and I'm not as easygoing when it comes to protecting them.  

Edited by Cooper_
I had to address a post that was brought to my attention after I posted.
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Girl, just because people don't call you toxic to your face (although they should) doesn't mean that they don't call you toxic. Maybe wake up to reality. It's also not necessary to speak to you to know that you're a toxic wasteland.

furthermore i come forward with Bugs and actively work on investing in many player ran businesses as well as sponsor several multi alliance games and give away random gifts to the public if you dont know me please dont act like you do 

What do I care about what you come forward with or help with. There are plenty of people who help with this game who are not liked by a large amount of players. Congrats on giving away gifts but if you think that you bought yourself likeability with that, then jeeeeeeeez. 😂

and my previous post mentioned Under and the Current UPN FA stating my knowledge of both just because it doesnt agree with your tastes doesnt change the fact its my take on the matter now mind not insulting me without even looking into my history cause i find your lack of understanding unbefitting of making claims about ppl you know nothing about 

I know your history well enough. It's plastered all over the OWF and people have been talking about it plenty enough. It's a well-known fact that you're a train wreck. But I'm glad to have hit such a sore spot considering how absolutely mad you are right now. ❤️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cooper_ said:

Honestly, this.  I mean in its past 3 wars, TKR eventually got rolled all three times.  We're stronger because of it.  Mostly everyone here has made mistakes, and–to some degree or another–mostly everyone has paid for them in some way.  A large part of accepting responsibility for actions is also accepting the consequences.  If you do get rolled and you bounce back even stronger, you'll earn respect and have new paths open up to your FA.  And I'm unaware of anyone who would subject you to what we were subjected to last war.  A few weeks and a decent bit of pixels destroyed.  
This is also why I think the original post rings so hollow.  I understand that y'all claim the timing is simply unfortunate, but, given your history and position, y'all don't really deserve the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure what you expected Orbis to think besides that this is a naked move to protect your hides, the SAME sort of behavior that got UPN in trouble in the first place.  Pixel-hugging is antithetical to what I'd want to achieve if I were in your shoes.  

Now to be clear, this isn't an open endorsement to roll UPN, but I thought the context was important enough to add.  The first steps towards taking responsibility are quitting with the pansy "shoulda-coulda-woulda" excuses, starting to acknowledge what you did wrong, and showing the rest of Orbis how you plan to fix it.  You didn't accomplish any of that here.  And maybe that gets you rolled, but you'll come out the other end with your community intact and a whole potential future to explore.  

I mean it wasn't that long ago that most of the world had issues with TKR and decided to hit us in KF.  I like to think that we've learned a lot since, and I know we're in a much better spot from an FA perspective despite having made missteps.  There are many other alliances that have similar stories.  It is up to you guys to make it happen and turn over a new leaf.  Until that point, you can damn expect that you'll be subjected to intense scrutiny.  Fix it and be better.  Maybe then we can talk.

That's about the extent of the good faith I have to offer you guys.

I was going to ignore this as I don't really care what you have to say about me.  My reputation speaks for itself.  I don't have the time of day to worry about someone getting salty about having his one-man AA denied protection.  But insulting a leader of one of my protectorates goes too far.  Having worked with him for months, I can say that all of us in TKR are proud to have Citrus and Oceania as a protectorate.  He, along with the Oceania team, have done great work in a building a community, and that's everything I ask of them.  

I have no desire to get into the specifics of your troubled history or to see this exchange continued.  Desist and bring your comments elsewhere.  Say whatever you want about me, but don't f@#k around with my allies.  I take that seriously, and I'm not as easygoing when it comes to protecting them.  

I never asked for protection nor do I ever plan to from you I only ever asked Electric Space for protection furthermore TCM has always been more than a 1 man alliance 

And you as someone who has shitted on me since day 1 of meeting expect me to not call you out as being toxic as for Citrusk him and I have history and I've got every right to call him Toxic furthermore he selfs admits to being toxic

7 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Girl, just because people don't call you toxic to your face (although they should) doesn't mean that they don't call you toxic. Maybe wake up to reality. It's also not necessary to speak to you to know that you're a toxic wasteland.

What do I care about what you come forward with or help with. There are plenty of people who help with this game who are not liked by a large amount of players. Congrats on giving away gifts but if you think that you bought yourself likeability with that, then jeeeeeeeez. 😂

I know your history well enough. It's plastered all over the OWF and people have been talking about it plenty enough. It's a well-known fact that you're a train wreck. But I'm glad to have hit such a sore spot considering how absolutely mad you are right now. ❤️

You have no idea who I am and my poorly written forum posts aren't that bad I have won more than I loss at least or forced a white peace 

Anyways calling me a train wreck yet we have never met what so ever before you judge a lad go meet them TCM or Turnip or maybe Factory fresh i Voice Chat a lot and im more than glad to speak to new faces

Another thing I dont get mad unless someone shits on my alliance or my allies however that is dependent on the topic and who is doing such

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Downvote 7