Reduce Minimum Vacation Mode Time

Dolphins

Currently, the minimum length of time that a nation can spend in vacation mode is two weeks.

My suggestion is to change the minimum length of time to one week as this seems like a much more realistic time for a lot of people.

• Right now, if you did go on vacation for one week and would not have access to WiFi or want to spend time with family instead of playing Politics and War, you could either hope that your nation is not raided while you are away or go into vacation mode for two weeks and have to wait a week to play again.
  • The main reason that vacation mode is limited to two weeks is, from what I understand, to prevent abuse of the mechanic; however, I do not see how lowering the time to one week could make for abuse of the mechanic. I can see how a minimum time of three or five days could make the mechanic broken, but I do not see the harm in one week.

This is my first suggestion and I appreciate any replies 😄

Edit: I now think that the time should be reduced to ten or eleven days (or ten days six turns) as one week could make VM be abused much more and cause problems in alliance wars. Ten or eleven days makes it a more reasonable amount of time to be on vacation without causing in-game problems like one week.

Edited by Dolphins
Changed suggestion from reducing to one week to reducing to ten or eleven days.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Two weeks is preferable I think, since alliance warfare 'rounds' tend to last around one week. If someone goes into VM, then they really should just be *out* of the game for long enough to where their VM length really limits their impact on several rounds of warfare, so two is a reasonable balance for that. Being able to just escape the opening rounds but come straight back for the next round means that blitzes can be cheesed off by intense short VMs, and that's the kind of thing that we're trying to avoid with the minimum lengths.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Two weeks is preferable I think, since alliance warfare 'rounds' tend to last around one week. If someone goes into VM, then they really should just be *out* of the game for long enough to where their VM length really limits their impact on several rounds of warfare, so two is a reasonable balance for that. Being able to just escape the opening rounds but come straight back for the next round means that blitzes can be cheesed off by intense short VMs, and that's the kind of thing that we're trying to avoid with the minimum lengths.

That is too true

10 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

This makes sense, but a shorter minimum length of 1.5 weeks (10-11 days or 10 days 6 turns) would still be beneficial without causing problems, but maybe not 1 week. I think that 2 weeks is a little too long.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dolphins said:

This makes sense, but a shorter minimum length of 1.5 weeks (10-11 days or 10 days 6 turns) would still be beneficial without causing problems, but maybe not 1 week. I think that 2 weeks is a little too long.

I like this as a potential balance between your initial suggestion/concern and @Sir Scarfalot's concerns. I'd suggest 10 days because we're more used to that length of time within the game already. 

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

6 hours ago, Kratos said:

Hi, I sincerely disagree with your idea & am asking you to think what exactly you want? Peace mode or Vacation Mode , It itself describes as Temporary Absence from game, which from my understanding is kinda short if seen even with 2 weeks , Why? Legend has that Supreme War Dodgers abuse VM as a Peace Mode when in real life they aren't on any vacation & neither busy with any stuff , i have seen plenty of players abusing VM like this so that their Infra won't get destroyed, Ex-Elijah , whenever someone threatened to nuke or raid him he used to went on VM & still be active on discord for like more than an average player & with this in mind reducing it for just 1 week drives it near to being called as Peace Mode which this mechanic is strictly not meant to be. thus, it will get more abused by Pixel-Huggers & Total War-Dodgers on weekly basis, so, what's the solution? Cap it to some limit a player can go on VM to prevent it's abuse if you wanna reduce it to 1 week but still 1 week idea doesn't fit quite well. 

Thanks 😀

I understand that problems could arise with reducing the limit to one week, which is why I now think that the limit should be reduced to only ten or eleven days. I realize that some players might start abusing VM or abuse it more when reduced, but realistically, it is unlikely that players are going to start abusing VM because it is limited to ten or eleven days versus two weeks. This amount of time seems like a much more realistic amount of time that someone would spend on vacation without having the in-game problems that one week does. Thanks for the reply

Edited by Dolphins

Guys... two weeks is already 14 days. That's really quite close to 10 as it is, let alone eleven, so where's the benefit that we'd get that compensates for moving the VM limitation closer to a cheeseable level?

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Guys... two weeks is already 14 days. That's really quite close to 10 as it is, let alone eleven, so where's the benefit that we'd get that compensates for moving the VM limitation closer to a cheeseable level?

Most people when they take vacations usually take 7-10 days. Too not be allowed back into the game for a week once that is over is just silly. As long as nations don't get income/ can't build military/ can't really do anything in VM then there really isn't any reason to not allow them back into the game. 10 days is just the perfect number as things considered.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lightside said:

Most people when they take vacations usually take 7-10 days. Too not be allowed back into the game for a week once that is over is just silly. As long as nations don't get income/ can't build military/ can't really do anything in VM then there really isn't any reason to not allow them back into the game. 10 days is just the perfect number as things considered.

I already pointed out that blitzes are absolutely cheeseable if VMs are any shorter, which is really very important. Allowing freeform VM time to be shorter than 2 weeks opens up a lot of options for players to abuse it when they have no actual intentions of going on vacation at all.

If nations go into vmode during a war then they can't rebuild or fight back. That will cause them to be in a worse situation where they leave vmode and not to mention they aren't helping their alliance. Also the people who would do this would be war Dodgers and would probably find other ways to avoid the war anyway. Not to mention changeling from 14 to 10 won't really affect that while letting vmode serve its purpose. So I see no reason not to change it.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I think the idea is to move towards the shortest possible length while still preventing abuse, because if a person goes on vacation that only lasts 7 days, they are locked out of their account for an additional 7. 

Look up to the sky above~

• 3 weeks later...

As a balance id go for 10 days, since that is in line with other ingame timers.

I always though 14 was a little long; but 7 while realistic to irl situations that drive you afk, is easily abusable without being a large cost economically or in time.

*written before I realised everyone else already said the same....

Edited by Ukunaka
Typo