One Year of Paradise

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day I created my first nation "Paradise" and entered into the world of chaos that is Orbis. Although it would be a couple weeks before I joined my first alliance, this is when it all started. After many many years of playing Nationstates on and off, I randomly searched for a nation sim game and this is the one I found. When I first started I was simultaneously overwhelmed and impressed by the amount of things to do and keep track of in a mere browser game. I confidently and foolishly chose Antarctica as my starting continent, powered my cities with windmills, and told the first alliance I applied to (tcw) that I chose them over bk because "The Black Knights" name sounded too fascist. After being most likely laughed off the stage I came across a much smaller but equally ambitious alliance known as Camelot. That is where I truly learned how to play the game and got plenty of hands on experience at the same time since we were 3 months into the global. The one thing I cherished more than the things I learned over there are the friends that I made along the way. I understand that for many of you on the other side of the war, you did not have such a positive experience during that time. But honestly, the first several months were the most fun for me. But things changed, friends came and went and things that were partially my own doing resulted in Paradise being no more. So I created a new identity and hid out in Carthago for about 6 hours before being discovered lmao. After realizing that I was effectively blacklisted from every major alliance, I raided in Arggh for a little bit before joining some of my old Camelot friends in a series of micros ( Wonderland and The Roxchean Confederations respectively). Eventually Vein picked us up and we merged into Eclipse where I currently reside today. There I met a bunch of new friends, old acquaintances and even a former enemy lol. My time in Eclipse has been a lot of fun and I look forward to more good times going forward. And for the folks back in Cam, thank you as well for the many laughs and good times. And thank you to everyone, allies and adversaries, for making the game what it is. Let's have a great next global that can be enjoyable for ALL of us.