8/13/2020 - Temporarily Reinstating Old Beige, Tweaking Score Formula, Reducing Tank Steel Cost

Alex

@Alex Does this include the bits of the test server beige disliked by the community or were those removed? 

Just curious on what exactly will all be included, but this is good 😄

• Downvote 1

@Alex what about existing tanks that have already been built?  Are they going to decommission at the .5 value if they were built for 1 unit of steel?    Are nations going to be credited for 1/2 the value of steel used to build existing tanks they have in their military at the 1 unit level?   This a highly expensive change for someone who already has a large amount of tanks built.   

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

@Alex Does this include the bits of the test server beige disliked by the community or were those removed? 

Just curious on what exactly will all be included, but this is good 😄

This is just a reinstatement of old beige, it does not include any changes that were made on the test server.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm just curious. For those who made, say.... 20 to 30 thousand tanks building up to the NAP, they would have lost out on thousands of steel. Would people be reimbursed for the steel, or did they just happen to have bad luck and even worse timing?

Edit: In the time it took me to write this, three other people asked the same question. My god.

Edited by Tarroc

1 minute ago, Alex said:

They will decommission at the 0.5 value, I will credit everyone 0.5 Steel for each Tank they have right before I push the changes to the live server.

Excellent!  That’s a very reasonable solution.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

They will decommission at the 0.5 value, I will credit everyone 0.5 Steel for each Tank they have right before I push the changes to the live server.

Amazing, thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Chief minister Wojak Sanchez, ruler of the People's Republic of Dyscrasia

Only losers are afraid of death

Man this is a great change having zero replacement was definitely hard to get around and had some major negative impact on my alliances recent war I know several of our membership will be happy to know this change happened

I look forward to the new concepts and seeing what the future holds my best of wishes to everyone going forward 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Comrade Joe said:

Steel market about to......tank? 

Doubtful imo, still incredibly useful in the games current state. Maybe a small fluctuation, but I don't see large selling occurring.

Janny Larpers

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Jordan said:

@Alex for those with tanks already will the steel difference be refunded?

Yes, I will issue 0.5 Steel per Tank for people who already have Tanks before I make the change.

12 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

I'm just curious. For those who made, say.... 20 to 30 thousand tanks building up to the NAP, they would have lost out on thousands of steel. Would people be reimbursed for the steel, or did they just happen to have bad luck and even worse timing?

Edit: In the time it took me to write this, three other people asked the same question. My god.

Yes, you will be reimbursed for the Steel, so no worries :)

• Like 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

this is literally just “i made an impulsive change nobody liked so im changing it back to what people liked wow im so thoughtful.” go on girl, give us nothing.

Edited by hope
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

5 minutes ago, hope said:

this is literally just “i made an impulsive change nobody liked so im changing it back to what people liked wow im so thoughtful”

It took him like 40 days to figure it out. At this point damage was done already that's very likely irreparable. Alex likes gambling obviously, people could just leave his game after that last stunt and he could have been left with very near nothing.

Edited by Deulos
  • Downvote 6