Single Captcha on Login

Raphael

Simple change.

You have to do one captcha every time you log in. The turn resets will now log everyone out.

So once every two hours, if you're consistently logged in through the day, you'll need to do a captcha. This eliminates the need for a captcha on every single screen but still provides a good "catch" for bots. I assume most people log in once or twice a day to check on things, maybe 3-5 times a day if you're checking the market. So this would still reduce your total captchas done per day.

• Downvote 1

Everyone knows the best way to prevent bots is a very predictable timing on the captcha. Even if that was a good idea that would be incredibly annoying to have to login every single turn instead of just doing a captcha.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Potpie99 said:

Everyone knows the best way to prevent bots is a very predictable timing on the captcha. Even if that was a good idea that would be incredibly annoying to have to login every single turn instead of just doing a captcha.

Realistically the game logs you out almost every turn, even if you're sitting at your computer all day. I'd rather do one captcha then check all my stuff rather than a captcha on every other screen.

If the captcha doesn't prevent bots then that's a moot point if it's predictably timed or not.

It is a problem on your part if you're logged out every turn, I'm sorry

But your idea is not garbage, captchas could be triggered only once a turn or every few minutes, this is not hard to do.

But then joins the problem of predictability and they become useless.

Edited by Mateus

13 minutes ago, Mateus said:

It is a problem on your part if you're logged out every turn, I'm sorry

But your idea is not garbage, captchas could be triggered only once a turn or every few minutes, this is not hard to do.

But then joins the problem of predictability and they become useless.

EVERY FEW MINUTES!!!!!!! 

THIS IS PNW CAPTCHA WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 

ITS LIKE 5 CAPTCHAS EVERY FEW MINUTES