10/5/2014 - Market Index

Alex

• Administrators

This is a really small change, almost not worth announcing, except I think it might offer some utility to nations and alliances.

Trade is a huge part of the game, and how the market is doing is a big factor. It's been easy to track the average prices of resources for some time now, but not the overall condition of the market itself. Now, on the Average Price Ticker, you'll see a new value called "Current Market Index" that is a reflection of the average prices of each resource combined. When it's high, the market is doing well and prices for resources are high. When it's low, the price for resources is lower. It's similar to how the NASDAQ or DOW works with the Stock Market.

To see a graphic representation of this change, or each of the resources, you can click the "See Average Price History" link https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/history/ and the graph that is immediately displayed is a stacked area line chart, and wherever the top number is is the market index. The peaks and valleys reflect the highs and lows of the market. Clicking inside the area of any given resource will show you the average price history charted for just that particular resource.

Perhaps someone will make a Market Trends topic that records each days' prices and commentary on when is the best time to buy/sell resources, what to produce, etc. 

6vLeWRS.jpg

Just my two cents there. Anyway, enjoy the small change, hopefully it'll make the market a little more black and white to those of you who don't follow it as closely.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Thanks Sheepy.  I'll find it helpful.

Now if you could just set the default number of rows displayed to something greater than 10, possibly at least 25?

20 is fine.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Yeah, I could change the default to > 10. I never knew this was something anyone wanted. When I get home tonight I'll make the change.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah, I could change the default to > 10. I never knew this was something anyone wanted. When I get home tonight I'll make the change.

I've mentioned it before, in fact it was one of my suggestions to raise it to 15 back when I scammed the market.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Selecting the 'Stream' option on the chart results in a chart not showing any data. Other options are cool though.

I'm not sure why this doesn't work.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Probably a bug.

I tried googling it and looking at the documentation and couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't display correctly. It works just fine on the example charts. For the time being, it's hardly gamebreaking so I've just left it alone.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 weeks later...