Increase food per credit ration

Stony

Currently, a credit gives the player 50k food but while higher than ever other resource if still falls back on the value of the actual cred, the current average good price (as of writing this) is $150 when calculated it equals to 50k times 150 = 7.5M.

A cred can be exchanged for 15m so in order to balance the huge difference I propose to double the quantity of food per cred to 100k. I understand that you could just redeem it for money and buy food that way but I feel that in order to just match what a cred is worth, this change would really make creds more worthwhile for newcomers :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, back when Alex implemented this feature to creds he intended them to match the 15m price tag on them and that was back when food was really cheap compared to now so this change is kinda long deserved, please criticize me

Edited by StonyCrayon
  • Upvote 2

redeeming credits for resources is really just something people do out of true desperation under blockade. If it's not equal to the food redemption amount then redeem it for cash and buy food.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sidnerius said:

Then they'd have to adjust it every time the market changes.

I understand your point but look at my edit, when Alex first implemented the feature food was already undervalued as is it just happens that currently food is really expensive but still doesn't reach the 15m mark

• Administrators

I'll probably make some adjustments at the next month change so that things are more in line. Credits themselves are worth far more than $15 on the open market currently anyway.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I'll probably make some adjustments at the next month change so that things are more in line. Credits themselves are worth far more than $15 on the open market currently anyway.

Cool, thanks for reading this and responding :)

• Administrators
19 hours ago, StonyCrayon said:

Cool, thanks for reading this and responding :)

I have slated Credit prices to increase to $20,000,000 for in-game cash and 150,000 Food starting on August 1.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

you guys remember when a credit was worth 5 million dollars?  those were the days...  and you young bucks complain that sheeps doesnt do anything to help you catch up, to us old ass nations.

I remember when steel, aluminum, and gas were around 1000-1500 PPU and 10 cities was upper tier.

Edited by Azaghul
GnWq7CW.png

9 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I remember when steel, aluminum, and gas were around 1000-1500 PPU and 10 cities was upper tier.

Remember back in the old days and when Sheeps code was first hacked and some dude spawned like 3-5 billion dollars, and we were all like.... that is an almost unimaginable amount of money. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Remember back in the old days and when Sheeps code was first hacked and some dude spawned like 3-5 billion dollars, and we were all like.... that is an almost unimaginable amount of money. 

Remember a little while ago a three day applicant raided the federation offshore and took around 5 billion