Ideas to enhance War/Military gameplay

Thrawn

So while there are more pressing issues regarding war in the game, these are some changes I think would make wars more interesting and realistic.

1. Locking ground battles by continent and relying transport units to facilitate offensive ground battles against nations on other continents:

This change proposes that nations can only perform offensive ground battles on other nations within the same continent and requires the introduction/use of transports units to "carry" ground forces to other continents in order for nations to attack nations situated on a different continent. These units should have caps on the number of soldiers and tanks they can each transport, and the maximum number of transports  (proportional to a nation's size) should be able to move an entire nation's ground force. These units should be able to be targetted by spies, and depending on whether the units are air-lifted or sea-lifted can be targetted by planes or ships.

This promotes greater strategic flexibility; identifying nations in different continents and targetting these units enables one to choke/hinder the movement ground troops overseas thereby preventing the launch of ground attacks until the units are rebuilt. Ultimately, these changes should only prevent oversea offensive ground battles without transports, but should not affect armies in defensive battles.

2. The annexation/loss of land in nations resulting after losing a war:

This can be implemented in any of the existing war types or an entirely new war type can be added to do this ("Conquest" could be the name?). Currently, nations can only get more land by buying it for their cities, however I propose that war should be a way to gain additional land directly. Following the loss of a war, players find that they lose some land that is instead given to the victor of the war. All other war mechanics remain the same. That way players can "expand their borders" through the acquisition of territory via war. In defensive wars, players that win do not gain any additional land if they win, but keep theirs.

Gives a greater incentive for war; in addition to the money and resources that players gain after winning a war, they also get more land. There is a greater reward to the winners and detriment to the losers.

Edited by Arric II Vysera
Missing puncuation
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I'm not sold on the transport aspect but I think the gaining borders through war idea is a fun one. What they should do is give a percentage of the land you own to be claimable but customizable so you don't get bordergore on the map. Overall fun idea but I wouldnt do the transports.

:)

• Downvote 2

Sid

Low Gov of FA in Rose

Divider_Bottom.png.0b069f062894e21c2d127ec03135ba9e.png

Hmm I kinda suggested the conquest one, but it was fully annexing grey nations so grey's would do something useful.

I'd like to see the transport one because how could I deploy a force of 180K troops, and 12000 tanks from San Fernando Trinidad to Sydney Australia? Magically? Aboard a bananna boat perhaps?