Food Production

Peep

Guest Zephyr
10 minutes ago, Peep said:

Hey so I'm not producing any food and am wondering why the hell not? I've got tons of farms and stuff but no prevail

Are you sure you're not producing any food at all, or are you simply not producing more food than your people are consuming? Check your revenue page to see how much food you produce and use per turn or day.

As a new small nation you shouldn't bother with farms anyway, instead decommission them and just buy all the food you need from the market. Why? Because it's cheaper than trying to inefficiently produce it yourself as a small nation, and then you can use those improvement slots for more profitable improvements.

Edited by Zephyr

There are three main reasons I can think of: 

1. Your populace is consuming more than you produce. This can be checked by the revenue page (on the side bar under 'Nation' between projects and trade), and is probably the cause. Virtual pixel people eat too much >: (

2. Radiation. Every nuke detonated in the world- and more so on your continent- increases radiation, which decreases food production. Right now, the highest levels of radiation are very low at 10% or less, so I don't think this is the main cause.

3. As you're a new member, you probably don't have a lot of land in your cities. Farm's food production is calculated at (Land Area in City/500) per turn. You might want to buy more land.

Furthermore, since you're a newer player, it's probably better to not have farms. You might end up like me : ). Instead, maybe start focusing on raiding, commerce, and producing coal/iron/lead/bauxite/oil depending on which continent you live on.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Are you sure you're not producing any food at all, or are you simply not producing more food than your people are consuming? Check your revenue page to see how much food you produce and use per turn or day.

As a new small nation you shouldn't bother with farms anyway, instead decommission them and just buy all the food you need from the market. Why? Because it's cheaper than trying to inefficiently produce it yourself as a small nation, and then you can use those improvement slots for more profitable improvements.

Thanks for the advice mate

3 hours ago, ReadingChicken said:

There are three main reasons I can think of: 

1. Your populace is consuming more than you produce. This can be checked by the revenue page (on the side bar under 'Nation' between projects and trade), and is probably the cause. Virtual pixel people eat too much >: (

2. Radiation. Every nuke detonated in the world- and more so on your continent- increases radiation, which decreases food production. Right now, the highest levels of radiation are very low at 10% or less, so I don't think this is the main cause.

3. As you're a new member, you probably don't have a lot of land in your cities. Farm's food production is calculated at (Land Area in City/500) per turn. You might want to buy more land.

Furthermore, since you're a newer player, it's probably better to not have farms. You might end up like me : ). Instead, maybe start focusing on raiding, commerce, and producing coal/iron/lead/bauxite/oil depending on which continent you live on.

Thanks mate appreciate the advice