Nation & IP ban appeal

Ephraim

So, my nation got banned. (227460 was my id)

I know I originally got banned before, so I decided not to break the game rules again. (F.Y.I. I had multied before)

So when I made my new nation a few months later, I was hoping nothing would start up again.

So I joined Error 404, got to city 10, requested grants, raided, blah blah blah. All of the normal stuff a normal player would do.

And a few days after joining Error 404, I got a message from Borg (A.K.A, the one who runs Error 404)

It was a quote from another dm, someone had sent him this message:

Hi Borg I wanted to write you as a courtesy and do little favor as a heads up regarding Error 404. The following member is likely to be banned in a few days for cheating/multi (it's his 4th account that I'm aware of: 227460). He even says as much in his bio. I’m pretty sure he already has a second account (an applicant) in the works (231394). You can verify it easily with a !multi on the first, second is a hunch. Writing as I noticed a number of payments from 404 to him (I’m guessing grants) and I expect him to do the same with the second account. Just giving a heads up in case you wanted to pass it onto someone else to prevent any Error 404 losses and/or try to recoup whatever you can. Might be small fries for you, but figured more information than less is always helpful

So, I try figuring things out with Borg, and he told me the person who had sent him the dm: Sweeney#0480 (the kingdom of mythene in-game)

This was the person that got my original three multi nations banned.

I am glad he got those original three nations banned as I learned to never break the rules again.

I tried dming him but he kept just saying that I was multiing and cheating and no matter how much I was asking, he never showed any proof that I was multying again.

I messaged what he thought was my "other" nation (231394 or Stanktopia) and told him he might get banned because somebody was trying to get me and him banned.

So I messaged Alex in-game talking about this subject, and he told me that everything is fine and I probably wouldn't get banned in-game.

Next thing do I know, a few days later, my nation and my IP address get banned in-game. (227460 and, I don't know what my IP is)

So I go and look at Stanktopia in-game, and with a sigh of relief, Sweeney didn't ban this innocent kid.

But there was no reason that my nation and my IP should've gotten banned and can you please un-ban me? If you have any questions, please reply to this.

Edited by Ephraim

• Administrators
On 7/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, Ephraim said:

So, my nation got banned. (227460 was my id)

I know I originally got banned before, so I decided not to break the game rules again. (F.Y.I. I had multied before)

So when I made my new nation a few months later, I was hoping nothing would start up again.

So I joined Error 404, got to city 10, requested grants, raided, blah blah blah. All of the normal stuff a normal player would do.

And a few days after joining Error 404, I got a message from Borg (A.K.A, the one who runs Error 404)

It was a quote from another dm, someone had sent him this message:

Hi Borg I wanted to write you as a courtesy and do little favor as a heads up regarding Error 404. The following member is likely to be banned in a few days for cheating/multi (it's his 4th account that I'm aware of: 227460). He even says as much in his bio. I’m pretty sure he already has a second account (an applicant) in the works (231394). You can verify it easily with a !multi on the first, second is a hunch. Writing as I noticed a number of payments from 404 to him (I’m guessing grants) and I expect him to do the same with the second account. Just giving a heads up in case you wanted to pass it onto someone else to prevent any Error 404 losses and/or try to recoup whatever you can. Might be small fries for you, but figured more information than less is always helpful

So, I try figuring things out with Borg, and he told me the person who had sent him the dm: Sweeney#0480 (the kingdom of mythene in-game)

This was the person that got my original three multi nations banned.

I am glad he got those original three nations banned as I learned to never break the rules again.

I tried dming him but he kept just saying that I was multiing and cheating and no matter how much I was asking, he never showed any proof that I was multying again.

I messaged what he thought was my "other" nation (231394 or Stanktopia) and told him he might get banned because somebody was trying to get me and him banned.

So I messaged Alex in-game talking about this subject, and he told me that everything is fine and I probably wouldn't get banned in-game.

Next thing do I know, a few days later, my nation and my IP address get banned in-game. (227460 and, I don't know what my IP is)

So I go and look at Stanktopia in-game, and with a sigh of relief, Sweeney didn't ban this innocent kid.

But there was no reason that my nation and my IP should've gotten banned and can you please un-ban me? If you have any questions, please reply to this.

You were banned. Perhaps you're not clear on what banned means? It means you're not allowed to make a new nation, you're not allowed to play Politics & War. Creating further new accounts will get you re-banned.

The message you sent me in-game has since been deleted, but I'm certain that you didn't say "Hey, I'm evading my ban but is this okay?" because I certainly would not have allowed that.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I created another nation because the ban on my ip was lifted, but I understand. Before I create any new nations I will wait out the full year. I will have problems if someone tries to get me banned again after that year. But you can close out this topic now. @Alex

Edited by Ephraim

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Ephraim said:

I created another nation because the ban on my ip was lifted, but I understand. Before I create any new nations I will wait out the full year. I will have problems if someone tries to get me banned again after that year. But you can close out this topic now. @Alex

Your home IP address may have changed due to your ISP dynamically assigning IP addresses, but your IP address ban certainly was not lifted.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link