Game Design Team announced.

Prefontaine

• Administrators
On 7/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, Akuryo said:

Honestly I'd prefer nothing at this point. Particularly given the discord mods are I guess participants too and why under is allowed to be involved in anything in any capacity is beyond me.

Discord mods are not participants.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Discord mods are not participants.

Interesting since the participants of your little group tell me otherwise and that he is infact present along with the others.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Interesting since the participants of your little group tell me otherwise and that he is infact present along with the others.

Dr. Rush and underlordgc have access, but all of the other Discord mods can't even see or access the channel.

Dr. Rush is the Discord Team Lead and has access to everything to manage the Discord server, and I personally asked for underlordgc to have access because I think he can provide good feedback to ideas.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 19

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Dr. Rush and underlordgc have access, but all of the other Discord mods can't even see or access the channel.

Dr. Rush is the Discord Team Lead and has access to everything to manage the Discord server, and I personally asked for underlordgc to have access because I think he can provide good feedback to ideas.

Under is literally the person everyone has a problem with. I'd actually prefer Dr rush, and for that matter ripper there because I generally trust their judgement.

I don't trust a guy the entire community wants rid of, for reasons you're very aware of and refuse to act on. Which is saying something as I already don't trust the judgement of most of the people on the little committee anyway, though for far less concerning reasons.

And I suspect, that sentient isn't foreign, and that most people are just hoping optimistically, but I'm a pessimistic jackass. 😛

The guy above me as an example! You optimists are weird.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Rather than optimistic I prefer to say I'm just trying to stay positive. To each their own I guess.

There's also a considerable difference in our experience in the game and it's players, I don't know most of you that well for example.

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

12 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I'm sure a guy who was perfectly fine trying to push people he didn't like out of the game and who has been absolutely remorseless about his !@#$ery can be trusted to provide great objective feedback that will enhance the gaming experience for your customers.

Christ almighty Alex.

Maybe he supports us leaving the game, certainly seems that way atm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, Alex said:

Alex how dense can you possibly be? You know there is widespread discontent for underlord, you were even confronted on a voice chat about it and got unanimous approval for his removal from the mod team and instead of heading any of those concerns you decide to personally add him to more things thinking it will be good for the game?

What a joke.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Alex how dense can you possibly be? You know there is widespread discontent for underlord, you were even confronted on a voice chat about it and got unanimous approval for his removal from the mod team and instead of heading any of those concerns you decide to personally add him to more things thinking it will be good for the game?

What a joke.

Gotta say @Alex this seems tone deaf, you had over 60 people say to remove someone, and you add them to more things?

Also, I'm not sure why we created a Dev team, we're just going to have the same problems that we had before with it, and you're gonna have to update it when RL issues get in the way, and you know next major war the entire team is gonna go ghost. My issue is we've done this before, just give the general membership my knowledge/access and stop with this elitist BS that just causes problems.

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Gotta say @Alex this seems tone deaf, you had over 60 people say to remove someone, and you add them to more things?

Also, I'm not sure why we created a Dev team, we're just going to have the same problems that we had before with it, and you're gonna have to update it when RL issues get in the way, and you know next major war the entire team is gonna go ghost. My issue is we've done this before, just give the general membership my knowledge/access and stop with this elitist BS that just causes problems.

I had one person approach me and create a Discord ticket wherein we discussed the accusations and ultimately I decided that they weren't enough to warrant his removal from the Discord moderation team.

And again, this isn't cutting out the Game Suggestions forum from the process, it's just streamlining important discussion of mechanics. As you may have seen, it's near impossible to have a productive public debate about anything without people completely derailing the discussion with accusations of bias in favor of one side or the other, general complaints, positing completely new ideas that are unrelated to the discussion, etc. It causes development to come to a near standstill due to the amount of negative feedback levied at anything and it's simply impossible to make everyone happy.

With a smaller group it's far easier to seriously and thoroughly debate the pros and cons of any suggestion and have nuanced debates instead of "if you do this I'll quit the game" type of posts every other post.

• Downvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Prefontaine changed the title to Game Design Team announced.
  • Village unpinned this topic