Retune score, again

Raphael

Your city count is the ultimate determinant of your maximum Military capabilities.

The same alliance who has been bullying new players for years with low infra exploits and 10+ city count differences is now crying that they must fight people closer to their own city count and skill level. 

Cry me river, lmao 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

26 minutes ago, Grave said:

Your city count is the ultimate determinant of your maximum Military capabilities.

Either you weren't around for last global, or your memory has some holes in it. 

Maximum doesn't mean much when it can be grinded down, and then sat on, and very much easily with this update.

Edited by Mr. Goober
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

No, he's just an idiot who thinks he knows anything because TI doesn't have literally any other option for milcom, lol.

Well there you have it folks. Akuryo, the village idiot of Orbis has spoken and we are none the wiser.

• Upvote 3

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

5 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Well there you have it folks. Akuryo, the village idiot of Orbis has spoken and we are none the wiser.

>Implying your Chicken McChump ass was ever wise to begin with

Let's slow down there chief and back this discussion up onto reality and try again, ye?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Grave said:

The same alliance who has been bullying new players for years with low infra exploits and 10+ city count differences is now crying that they must fight people closer to their own city count and skill level. 

Cry me river, lmao 

I can think of no alliance that would benefit from the changes proposed in the OP (save arrgh) more than TI. At the moment you have a very small, concentrated top tier which is highly suseptable to being pinned down at present. You should be the cheerleader for this proposal, not an opponent of it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, namukara said:

I can think of no alliance that would benefit from the changes proposed in the OP (save arrgh) more than TI. At the moment you have a very small, concentrated top tier which is highly suseptable to being pinned down at present. You should be the cheerleader for this proposal, not an opponent of it.

People don't need to support a suggestion just because it benefits them. Regardless, this change is the right move, current war scores are fricked.

• Upvote 3

Look up to the sky above~

On 7/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, namukara said:

I don't support things because they are beneficial to my alliance, my support is dictated by the validity of the idea, 

And this one isn't good. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Grave said:

I don't support things because they are beneficial to my alliance, my support is dictated by the validity of the idea, 

And this one isn't good. 

Of course it is. It makes it harder to sit on people if you have a maxed out military. We don't want it to be easy to sit on people because then the NPO have won.

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, Roberts said:

That's impossible to get out from under, even while we're running extremely low infra builds. In a large-scale conflict, y'all are going to be in for a world of hurt if these score changes stay the way they are.

You've got it!! That's the winning answer!! This is exactly what they want....

I am still able to declare on city 10.

Do you know why?

Because the chucks now build 2500 infra in each city. They have military builds like 7k tanks and 190k soldiers with 1000 planes and tens of ships.

What did the score changes solve? Absolutely nothing.

Who is responsible?

Everyone brigading Alex with complaints about "uNfAir" downdeclares. (And you won't find them on the forums they do it in private.)

Edited by Deulos

11 hours ago, namukara said:

Of course it is. It makes it harder to sit on people if you have a maxed out military. We don't want it to be easy to sit on people because then the NPO have won.

How exactly does increasing how many people can sit on everyone make it harder to sit on people?

You should really read what you write before you send it. 

If anything this just would make it easier for a smaller players to updeclare and sit on high tiers. 

If anything,  city score should remain at 100 but military score values should be returned to their pre-update values to make a true impact towards what the OP is suggesting. 

Edited by Grave
  • Downvote 2

Just to drop an example here:

image.thumb.png.d4f101952e6032962e2e8c44d7e49758.png

56.6% of this nation's score comes from 22 cities. 2100 score. That's no military, no infra, no projects.

image.thumb.png.d6d8f0fd71cb94d3e4e3ede580afd458.png

So with no infra, no military, no projects, Example1 would be perfectly in range of this example2 nation. So example nation 1 would never escape being dog-piled no matter what he did.

It is an actual disadvantage to have a higher-than-average city count because of the score changes.

• Upvote 3

On 7/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Roberts said:

Just to drop an example here:

image.thumb.png.d4f101952e6032962e2e8c44d7e49758.png

56.6% of this nation's score comes from 22 cities. 2100 score. That's no military, no infra, no projects.

image.thumb.png.d6d8f0fd71cb94d3e4e3ede580afd458.png

So with no infra, no military, no projects, Example1 would be perfectly in range of this example2 nation. So example nation 1 would never escape being dog-piled no matter what he did.

It is an actual disadvantage to have a higher-than-average city count because of the score changes.

These nations would be even closer in score with your suggested changes...

And nation 2 is already able to updeclare to nation 1 before the loss of infra and military.

Edited by Grave

2 minutes ago, Grave said:

These nations would be even closer in score with your suggested changes...

And nation 2 is already able to updeclare to nation 1 before the loss of infra and military.

Irrelevant, you narrow minded buffoon.

You fail to account for that only being possible when his nation is literally incapable of doing anything. Being c14 updeccing on 22 doesn't matter if they have literally nothing.

And if the guy kept trying to fight back his score would be high enough to be in range of people his size with max military. I'm city 25, if I get zeroed and lose infra down to 800, I'm still in range of c20-22s with max military. Sure, I'm also in range of like c15s (with max military again mind you) but that doesn't particularly matter because I'll always be slotted by max military 20 something's.

The point is that it's impossible to resist. The problem people had with downdeclaring was IQ having max plane c20s get in range of c12s. It wasn't double buys from the upper tier who had no other manner to resist. Even then, because c20s could be in range to hit 12s, it meant that if those.upper tier did anything they'd still get hit by their size. Just not with max military is all.

You have literally zero ground to stand on mate. Everyone else has realized all this already, you're the last one late to the party.

• Upvote 2

I'd be in support of this, hopefully it'd address the new issues caused by the recent score change while also still addressing the issues that change aimed to correct. Thanks for making the suggestion @Roberts.

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg