Understanding Alliance Calculations

Alan

So for those who's alliances are constantly shifting up and down due to the large members within your alliance this may not apply to you. I'll save you the trouble by saying this is for emerging micros.

When trying to find updated information about the alliance some of the statistics on the alliance page fails to load/refresh. Most notable is the "Alliance Score Over Time" graph. When I started Black Skies there was an entire period between July 3rd and July 6th that the graph didn't update, or even register score change. Now with my alliance growing quickly I can't see these sheer spikes in score on the graphs.

780b7852cb5bdc9fc6ac9b9f6f4bc155.png.bb0f08446984dfc2bbc8459ecbf64460.png

Even at 11.7k score the graph only registers 7.5k. However alliances in the top 50 like Grumpy have updated graphs.

While this is not a pressing issue I am curious as to why this is happening. Is it that alliances below top 50 aren't updated often? Is there some sort of favoritism that the micro block is unaware of? DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE? Because to be honest I don't know where my alliance score is and why page elements go dead for 3 days at a time.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

confirmation bias maybe?

have u compared the update speed of other alliances?

in house graphs/charts are more fun anyway 😧

yea i checked a couple alliances in game charts there are days long gaps p frequently across the board u aint special we all neglected
./me reiterates in house charts

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

You can calm down, it isn’t just your alliance. No alliance’s score graph gets updated every day, not even the biggest alliances. Don’t recall the reason for this, that would be a question for @Alex, but I want to say he did have some reason.

• Administrators

All the data is collected, the issue is that displaying it all can cause issues. I have it set to randomly select whether each day's record is shown or not (for all alliances, not just yours and not just "micros")

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 hours ago, Alex said:

All the data is collected, the issue is that displaying it all can cause issues. I have it set to randomly select whether each day's record is shown or not (for all alliances, not just yours and not just "micros")

So to clarify:

The graphs are updated at random which can take a couple of days if the randomizer doesn't select your alliance.

So some of these could take 4-5 days before any progress is shown. I didn't know how they worked so I was just trying to figure out the mechanics.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.