Launch nukes and missiles when you're not at war.

Thalmor

Interesting idea. I think expanding on current game mechanics could give this game some well earned love. Instead of just adding projects or modifying current numbers the addition of a new mechanic would add a depth that need not be explored by new players, but give experienced players a new tool to use. Of course I think the crime numbers should be increased, perhaps it could scale with city count or have an exponential curve. I think instead of down voting without giving any criticism you should bring up why you think the suggestion isn't worth the time of day. Otherwise we won't have play opinions on what this game needs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KT affiliate since 2017

Contact me on discord at Doge#9859 for business offers.

The idea is interesting, but it would need some other changes alongside it to act as a counter balance. The crime increase does not seem significant, and I'm not sure tweaking the numbers helps fix that; make it too low and it's not a counter, make it too high and it's not worth using (especially in war).

The counter balance I would propose is a change to the VDS percentage, maybe 30-40% (from 20%) so that it's more of a gamble, but a favourable gamble for the nuker.

This is all assuming that the change is actually worth the time and effort spent, and I personally prefer the current flaws of the war system be fixed before introducing new ones.

Look up to the sky above~

50 minutes ago, Hime-sama said:

This is all assuming that the change is actually worth the time and effort spent, and I personally prefer the current flaws of the war system be fixed before introducing new ones.

This is absolutely not a suggestion I will advocate for now. There are much more presses updates that need to be done. I just wanted to create this thread so as to get the idea in people's heads for later. 

• Like 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

bounties*
sorry doge i had to do it ;3

i dont think it needs to be limited on the offensive side that much

nuking / missling ur allies should be allowed since there is no real way to avoid/mitigate/block damage from others (vds/id dont count)
like wat if they build too much infra and it annoys u

i suppose one could make make the case for exploiting bounties on allies but like nuclear bounties are bad and dont seem to pass the cost of a nuke thatttt often  and if this is implemented i doubt pplz are going to put the actual cost of infra + nuke/missle to make it worth blowing ur allies cities

receiving end should probs be limited to 1-3 a day in line with spy mechanics (probably 1 mayybe 2)

i vote for the missile rate to be in line with war rates and be every 8 turns from the offensive side

range extension as a project sounds great so long as it is proportional to the current ratios

do we already have a nuke tracker page (set up like the conflicts page) and if not can we have one?
and i suppose if this is implemented a missile tracker as well

i may or may not edit in my opinion on the crime numbers later IFFF i feel like putting in effort to do math

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

I agree being able to launch missiles outside a war would make them much more useful. Right now they are only useful if your losing a war.

One simple way to do this is just to add an option to the spy interface to launch a missile. It would consume 2 spy ops to be able to be used and let you launch a missile at another nation. This would help balance it by tying it to the amount of ops an nation can launch/ be a target for. (obviously the # of spy's you/they have wouldn't affect the missile launch, this would just be an easy way to add it into the game and balance it). 

As for nukes I would say they only should be usable in a war like we have it now. 

I like the idea of adding in new features to sow chaos but a few points:

1. You currently cannot nuke someone you're not at war with, meaning you always know where the nuke will potentially come from. This gives the opportunity to spy it away before it gets launched. This change would take that away.

2. I assume you just forgot, but there should be a limit for how many nukes/missiles a nation can take per day.

3. It's already very easy to disrupt the economy of a nation, not to mention an alliance. PnW is already an extremely PVP-oriented game. Would it be wise to add even more features to PVP people?