Changes to beige - Last call

Prefontaine

I think wars should still be allowed to expire without beige if there's an equal amount of resistance. The ability to defeat a large opponent without beiging them would be a lot more difficult than simply throwing the match. You'd have to think strategically and be rewarded for doing so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly the worst part of this game is the war mechanics. I thought removing beige was a good idea, with some tweaking. The idea that Beiging someone makes them invulnerable to new attacks needs a major overhaul, however it's the idea of beige cycling that is most ridiculous. If you beat someone down to nothing, the idea of just sitting on them so their beige can wear off is immersion breaking. It's even worse when you've beaten them totally and they can in turn beige you because you can't finish them off since it will give them a longer beige timer. So by being able to win the war 15-20 turns ago you now lose the war because they are able to lob missiles and nukes at you until you lose enough resistance to lose. 

Edited by Comrade Joe
grammar

10 hours ago, Comrade Joe said:

I thought removing beige was a good idea, with some tweaking. 

That's because you fight two wars a year. :P 

I agree though, all wars should end in beige. It's very silly that we had a working suggestion to fix beige from Azaghul and it got bumped off for... no discernible reason.

The only thing wrong with the current beige mechanic is that sheepy is too cheap and/or lazy to do his job. He either needs to hire some decent Mods or do it himself. If people are cheating by slot filling, warn them and if they continue, ban them. It really is just that simple.

Just because some people don't like the way other people play, as long as they are not breaking any rules whatever play style they use is perfectly valid and viable.

If you want to have "fair" wars, don't gang up on people 4 or 5 to 1.

• Downvote 1