Remove Reactions from reporting subforum

durmij

Pretty self explanatory. Reports are getting politicized, with IRL and ingame politics, and this is reducing the likelihood that players will produce good faith reports, while increasing the chance that bad faith reports will be made. This is a natural extension of the non-discussion rule.

Edit: I think I remember already suggesting this. Can't remember the outcome though.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Similar to the removal of downvotes, I think this could encourage people to instead reply physically (with malice), and the ND rules do not really stop people as is.

As for reducing the likelihood of producing good faith reports, I'm not sure the reactions actually discourage people from making them, since downvotes don't have any baring on reputation. They're a tool to easily show dissent/disagreement, which you tend to see on reports made disingenuously, fall into a gray area, or a person merely disagrees with enforcement on whichever rule.

Overall I think it is important to maintain reactions on reports because people will make bad faith reports regardless, and the community needs a way to publicly denounce them.

Edit: Is is also possible that there isn't a lack of good faith reports as gauging the moderation subforum may make one believe, but that many of those reports are, instead, made privately, off-forum, due to the negative connotation associated with being a "whisteblower." I have personally received messages including nations to report because they don't want to make the report themselves.

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Upvote 6

Look up to the sky above~

• Administrators

I don't believe the forum software has any way to enable/disable reactions by subforum, as we've looked at this in the past.

It's either available everywhere or nowhere.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link