The dragon rose, and the hunt begins.

Tali

Prison Tower

Capital City, Phoenix Empire

0400, 7/8/2020

tumblr_p4iy6ml1Xm1tyjd90o1_400.jpg

"... Uncle, what are you doing here? You'll be considered a traitor to the Empire," Zuko says, standing near the wall to avoid the cell door from hitting him when his Uncle unleashed a strong blast of fire to unhinge the door. His uncle looks at him and replies "I am getting you out of here, she will kill you if she feels you will ever challenge her rule. Now lets go." Zuko only nods and follows his Uncle. As quick as the attack on the prison started, it had ended with the traitors escaping.

The Royal Phoenix Empire's Palace

Capital City, Phoenix Empire

782bf532dfbdb505d6982117eaf04b37.gif

"My brother and my uncle has disgraced the Royal family and brought shame to us all. You may have mixed feelings about attacking a member of the royal family, however if you hesitate, i won't hesitate to take you down," Azula states, sitting at her throne in front of all her highest ranking Generals. She stands up to take a look at the map, at the sights they have been spotted. Zuko, Iroh and a handful of Firebenders loyal to General Iroh captured a Phoenix Navy ship in the middle of the night and took off, crossing the Black Sea and through the strait of istanbul with little resistance. sightings of her brother and uncle have come through and show they are heading towards the Elemental Union, and with that, the Phoenix Empire prepares the start of a manhunt to bring these fugitives back to face the consequences. Thousands of troops, pilots and ships prepare for the seas. Ordered to intentionally avoid territorial waters. 

PoJQyFJ.gif

The telephone would ring in the headquarters of the Elemental Union. The nation has finished up all of the necessities for residence and living, since they were moved to their own sovereign land to the coast by the Union of Durotar, they had to rebuild everything from scratch, but they got some aid of technological matters to the people there. Eazy E answered the phone, where he was briefed on the matter of the banished prince and the possible invasion of their lands by his enemies, he was asked questions on what to do, he answered " cap em foo, this fool might have come to our land but he one of us now aight, we gonna cap the foos who think we are bustas"

For preparations beneders would coordinate first to form some sort of barriers for ships to not be able to come close to shores and for it to be difficult to land or traverse by many means. It was only a means to slow down the enemy. It was designated as non-manned-defenses. Air benders would by some means open some sort of openings where the earth benders would bend out earth spikes. Small trenches and small walls would be made in sequences which would make it difficult to use the main pathways to the important parts of the Elemental Union. The location of the banished prince and his companions are unknown as they would never give away the location even if they knew it. 

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

• 2 weeks later...

Zuko's POV

Looking at the campground in front of him, his uncle was eating a bowl of rice. Some of my men standing guard. We didn't exactly enter the Elemental Union the legal way, however they didn't fire on us when we entered their maritime borders. The Navy also stopped, which is strange. Azula has never cared about boundaries before. Not sure why the trailing ships stopped as soon as we crossed the imaginary line that separates Elemental Union's waters and International water. However now she knows where to find me. Surely she wouldn't burn an entire country down to find me, but she made me a prisoner, a threat to her power over the throne, so maybe she would try to...

Azula's POV

As lightning shot through her fingertips, her teachers respond, but Azula only heard the statement of "Almost perfect, one hair out of place." That sole statement angered Azula. She pushes the loose strain of hair out of the way and yells, "Almost isn't good enough!" She repeats the steps, and fires another shot of lightning into the sky. In the background, her uncle awoke from the sound.

A few hours later

I stand, where my brother and uncle are sitting. Plans to trick them into coming home in place. "Brother, I want you home. The council is willing to forgive your crimes and give you the rightful place on the throne. There is treacherous talks going on, about a coup on the Imperial family and returning our lands to the Soviet Union. We need to reunite before we fall back into the shadows, ruled by others," I said, lying through my teeth. 

My brother mutters something under his breath, looking rather shocked. If only he knew the truth. I sigh, look at him with gentle eyes, "I didn't have to come here you know, I am not a messenger. You should be happy, you'll be getting your throne back. Meet me at the docks tomorrow, and then we will set sail back to home."

A day later

I see my brother and uncle walking towards the dock. Plan is working as planned, however my uncle is smarter than i thought. You could tell he was suspicious, his stance telling me that he knows something is going on. I'll have to keep an eye on him, but I have to keep my appearance as a caring sister, so once my brother got near the ramp, I smile and say "Brother, I am glad you came! Welcome aboard, captain, set course for home." My voice never betraying my intention. My smile assuring Zuko to step on the boat. He starts to move to the ramp when the captain spoke up, "Excellent! Men take the pri-" and the look of shock of realizing his mistake. I was shocked at his betrayal, and he will be severely punished for this. I glared at him when he looked at me, and he knew then he wouldn't survive his punishment.

"You lied to me," my brother yelled at me, stomping up the ramp while his uncle started to fight the Imperial Fire Guard, pushing them off the docks and into the ocean.

"Like I haven't done that before," was all i said, hands behind my back I walk away and my two guards step in front to block Zuko's advance towards however, Zuko was able to fend them off and threw them overboard. Zuko charges at Azula with fire daggers however, Azula easily dodges every attack, not using her bending. "You know, the council blames Uncle for the weakness of our Order and considers you an embarrassment, why else would we want you home except to lock you up so you cant embarrass us anymore!" 

Zuko conjures up two fire daggers again. He leaps into the air and sends a powerful fire blast at Azula using his foot. She jumps and lands safely on the deck several feet away. Zuko charges at her as she rises to her feet. After dodging several more attacks, she manages to scrape his forehead with her fingernails, leaving three scratch marks on his temple. Zuko falls back a few feet from the impact and yells as he charges at her again.
The two continue to duel, eventually making their way up a stairway that leads to the central control area of the ship. Azula manages grab hold of Zuko's arm. A few seconds pause as the two stand silently, Zuko widening his eyes in alarm. She fires a blue fire ball at him, knocking him on his feet. His vision starts to blur as he notices Azula start the motion to generate lightning, as he laid there, thinking this was his last moment, his uncle grabs her hand and directs the lightning at the cliffs and pushes Azula into the water, and Iroh and Zuko ran off, back into the Elemental Union.

"Brother, you can't hide forever and you should've known I would invade to capture you and our uncle," Azula said once she got out of the water and orders her men to start moving. A mix of Naval and Air will start the invasion, and Azula stated she wont stop until she has captured the traitors. Once they entered the Elemental Union's waters, They start to to fight against the Elemental Union's defenses, and the fleet of Airships were launched, some were able to dodge the spikes of earth from hitting the fans that kept the engine of the airships running while others fell to their doom...

PoJQyFJ.gif

Ooc: The beginning is. It will change rather soon. Rim and i wanted to do a war, due to distance i need to create a reason to invade. Only difference is instead of looking fornthe avatar, it will be looking for Zuko. This last post will be the only one that is heavily taken from the show

Edited by Tali

PoJQyFJ.gif

1 hour ago, Michael K. Ultra said:

Im sorry is this just a retelling of the avatar storyline? I dont really get it, all this stuff happened just like this in the show...

Ah yes Eazy E is in Avatar the last airbender

• Haha 1

Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

The Elemental Union is aware that it cannot stand such a burden of a war, but the Phoenix Empire will have difficulties waging a war far away from it's home. 

The first line of the defense established was code-named Matilda line. It's not on the coast, but inland and it is more or less a makeshift barrier designed to minimize causalities, but to waste time. It consisted of a long wall in the first row, and then multiple short walls on random locations with unstable looking pill boxes, designed to collapse with slight earth bending, which would be done so upon a retreat which would come. Roads would be made difficult to use, as the Phoenix Empire wielded a modernized and mechanized force. They were made hilly or unwieldy, but usable in some sense, or totally wrecked with earth-bending and were only passable by foot or horse, the land next to them could be traversed by vehicles, but there would be the danger of dependence on more repairs and so on due to the terrain. Earth benders damaged roadways as much as they could while retreating to the defensive line built by present benders there. 

The forces there are split into two branches, which would support each other in case of necessity, until they saw a retreat necessary. The branches are built on the bending differences. 

First the Earth branch was the ground force. Their objectives are to hamper the advance of the ground forces of the Phoenix Empire and to tie them down. They would use earth bending to avoid confrontation and to make the fire nation soldiers move constantly to be able to fire upon them, and if the opportunity would show, they would try to push back and lock up or wall up the fire nation soldiers which would relieve the defensive line from pressure, and the soldiers would have to be relieved by other coming forces. But that was not a priority. Such task could only be performed by a coordination between the branches. In the end the defensive line is given the independence following the orders of sabotaging the advance. 

Same goes for the Air benders whom use gliders all stored on the back lines, so if one were to be damaged, they could land, throw it away and take flight again. Their objectives are to support the ground forces, but also to practically poke at the large air units of the Phoenix Empire, they would be unable to destroy it but annoy it, with a large flock of little targets being able to air bend. They would have one more defensive line to retreat to, and afterwards a main line of defenses at a newly constructed city, but evacuated one, code-named El Daba. Multiple lines of defense are being constructed with technology and bending to serve as the first block of unbeatable constant resistance by the Elemental Union. 

The el Daba line consists of multiple hard points on 3 levels, outer, inner and urban ring. The hard-points in most cases have heavy weaponry operational with earth bending, and their ammo is earth bending. It represents a sort of ballista which sends a long piece of earth in a specific direction. before the outer ring there are ditches with booby traps. Weapons against infantry and other regular units in the hard-points is bending, and some are equipped with explosives, some positions have them in a relative quantity, some don't, the quantity and concentration increases going into the levels. Between the hard-points a string of other means of defenses are made, barbed wire and fences, as well as walls on random location before the positions which were to be defended - a string of trenches or small fort positions, a relative hard-point, but makeshift. 

While the air benders are organized and are being armed for a combat like on the Matilda line, except the gliders would be also armed sometimes with explosives, sharp objects - whatever they can weaponize, as the air benders would be constantly flying in practical sense. And as the last weapons in the defensive line are makeshift bending artillery, flinging long and large chunks of earth on either air units of the Phoenix Empire, acting as anti-air artillery, or against relative random targets in front of the defensive lines when the time comes to suppress attacks.