Make the Test Server More Accessible

Guest Zephyr

Guest Zephyr

Currently there appears to be no mention or link to the test server within the game itself. I can't even recall when or where I last heard about its existence or an instruction on how to find it. Even the game's changelog currently makes no mention of the test server or how to find it, and the Quick Links category on these forums doesn't even provide a link to the test server. Doing a quick search of the P&W Discord suggests an actual link to the test server was last posted in early April, but only advertising it occasionally via the Discord limits its reach to the players that join the P&W Discord and is furthermore limited when players like myself mute many servers anyway. The current approach isn't effective at raising awareness of the fact there even exists a test server, let alone being useful for actually testing upcoming features. I suggest some changes are made to improve awareness and accessibility to the test server.

• Menu Link
    Add a test server link to the game menu, I suggest under the Community section.

• Game Objective
    Add another objective which instructs players to find the in-game test server link in the side menu and click it and navigate to the test server to receive a cash reward.

• Changelog & Discord Mentions
    Mention and link the test server more frequently in the changelog and Discord, maybe once a month(?). Include a description about what's being tested and emphasise its importance to testing new features.

• Forum Quick Link
    Add a link to the test server in the forum's Quick Links section. If these can have descriptions, add a description emphasising the importance of its function in testing upcoming features.

• One Login to Rule Them All
    Currently users register a P&W account which is then used to create a nation, and this must be separately repeated for the test server. Can this be adapted so that users can use the same P&W account to create and manage their regular nation and one test server nation? This would eliminate the inconvenience of creating and validating a second account just to be able to create and play a test server nation, streamlining the process of joining and participating in the test server may encourage wider participation if it is more convenient to give it a go.
    Additionally this may have moderation benefits if the game rules and mechanics are reworked to only permit one account managing one regular nation and/or one test server nation. It means that disruptive players can't attempt to limit punishment to one realm by using separate accounts, as consequence of disruptive behaviour in either should affect both.
Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This doesn't address your suggestion completely, but I do want to point out that I added this page some time ago: https://politicsandwar.com/test-server/

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link