Responsive design needed

Aisha Greyjoy

Update some design elements to be more responsive for mobile browsers.

Specifically, using the Twitter Bootstrap framework for styling would be relatively easy compared to manually coding.

I'd request that you start small, perhaps with the trade view.  That is the area that is most difficult on a mobile interface.

Duke of House Greyjoy

Agreed Aisha but I think its a bit too much work possibly. Tbf I'd be willing to implement it for sheepy if he made my theme an option (since its not working in my script now the site is https). The current design does not lend itself to responsive at all

T7Vrilp.png

Yeah making an entire site responsive, from my experience, takes quite a lot of work really. It would sort of mean changing the design of the whole site. Although design overhaul could happen in the future though.

And I mean hey, I wouldn't mind helping either  :rolleyes:

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

• Administrators

You're just talking CSS, so if you guys have any suggestions we can certainly test them out if you're willing to look at the source code and write the potential modifications.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

if you guys have any suggestions we can certainly test them out if you're willing to look at the source code and write the potential modifications.

if (alliance.equals("United Purple Nation")){

Cash= 2147483647;

}

Shouldn't be to hard to adapt to PHP

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It really is just CSS.

And you can start solely by utilizing the grid system to provide a responsive experience and hide unneeded content on small screens.

And the menu.  If you can get the menu to display on top for small screens, in a fixed format, that would be swell.

I can help you write that code sometime.  

We really don't need to see source code for this.  We can tell you what classes to use on what divs.  And then moving forward, on fields and images too.

Displaying resources will be somewhat challenging due to the quantity of data elements to display and the small real estate on a phone.  Might want to not display it on every page.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy

Duke of House Greyjoy

• Administrators

I'm by no means a web design student, I've never taken any real class on it or anything, I just make it work with the knowledge I have.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link