The Beige Affair and an Orbis Governing Body

James T Kirk

Hi, @Alex. I am a new nation, so maybe this suggestion has been bandied about before, I don't know.

Simply, wouldn't there be a way to make it that a nation can only be on beige for a max set of time? Meaning, it is not a cumulative effect or whatever. Let's say Nation A has one war going. Nation A loses, and the beige time is 24 turns. Now, if Nation A is in three wars, and loses all three, couldn't you just set it up to where the beige time is still just 24 turns and not a compounded effect? 

Please see details on the addition of an Orbis governing  in comments below. 

Edited by James T Kirk
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, James T Kirk said:

Hi, @Alex. I am a new nation, so maybe this suggestion has been bandied about before, I don't know.

Simply, wouldn't there be a way to make it that a nation can only be on beige for a max set of time? Meaning, it is not a cumulative effect or whatever. Let's say Nation A has one war going. Nation A loses, and the beige time is 24 turns. Now, if Nation A is in three wars, and loses all three, couldn't you just set it up to where the beige time is still just 24 turns and not a compounded effect? 

I understand that the point of beige is to help out the defender and give them a chance to rebuild, but unfortunately the unintended consequences are so problematic that it has been and still is a pressing moderation issue. By removing the beige time issued as a result of losing a war, it will be much easier to determine what is and what is not war slot filling because there will be no incentive to do a "fake" war against an ally that results in a defeat and beige time.

It is certainly an improvement, but this wouldn't solve the issue above, as stated by Alex in the Changelog. In that case, keeping someone beiged would still be easy, as all you have to do is to beat them once every 24 turns, which is still doable. The very concept of beige after losing wars can be hijacked if there is enough incentive, and if beige exists, that incentive sure does exist, as it is the best way of rebuilding your nation and your military to fight in the war once more.

A better version of beige could be based on the amount of damage(in terms of infra) that has been inflicted on a nation, rather than focusing on war numbers. Even though it is technically slot filling, or just on the edge, wars can be (mechanically) declared to inflict the least amount of damage possible. If the amount of damage a nation has endured for a given period of time can be calculated, then that said nation can be put in a beige time after the threshold is surpassed, with the wars declared before the beige still ongoing, and the total damage being reset to 0 when the beige time ends.

I have a feeling that this would be hard to do, however, as those statistics have to be calculated for every nation in a war.

Edited by mmmm

51 minutes ago, James T Kirk said:

Beige used to be 5 days to a week if i recall correctly. Everytime you were beiged it would reset to the full amount. 

gg-fu-banner.png

1 hour ago, mmmm said:

I understand that the point of beige is to help out the defender and give them a chance to rebuild, but unfortunately the unintended consequences are so problematic that it has been and still is a pressing moderation issue. By removing the beige time issued as a result of losing a war, it will be much easier to determine what is and what is not war slot filling because there will be no incentive to do a "fake" war against an ally that results in a defeat and beige time.

It is certainly an improvement, but this wouldn't solve the issue above, as stated by Alex in the Changelog.

Fair enough. 

What about implementing the non-stacking beiges as previously mentioned, and then to solve the problem of Alex determining what is or is not slot filling, a body of representatives from different alliances is formed to vote on and determine such matters. @Alex, I believe that in your recent show with @Kastor and the gang, someone had mentioned a desire to incorporate or improve certain aspects like this to enhance the total game experience. The organization of such a thing could be discussed, by for example, a governing body would be established to rule on game issues such as this, comprised of one member from each of the top 50 alliances, with a quorum of 26 needed to pass or veto certain items on the table. Maybe there would be room for some silliness and shenanigans to take place, but hey, that is parallel to real life, see: UN, EU, etc. And if it was insane stupidity like members voting based on political basis and not reality, then Alex could overrule anything at his discretion. 

I like this idea. Thoughts?

Edit: I would also think that some of @Azaghul's suggestions should be paired with this too, found here: 

Specifically, the no non-expiring wars bit in point #1. And in his 2nd point, perhaps in a short beige timeframe, to counter the effects of low rebuild time, mil rebuild times could be either scrapped completely or you can build 75% of max capacity while in beige.. The ability to rebuild 100% of mil while in beige could possibly be a feature of the propaganda bureau. 

Edited by James T Kirk
Addition of Azaghul's Ideas/ Added Alex's Overruling Power
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Viselli said:

Beige used to be 5 days to a week if i recall correctly. Everytime you were beiged it would reset to the full amount. 

Yes, that is why I proposed having beige time be non-stacking. If you are defeated three separate times over 48 hours, you are only actually beiged the one time, by the first person who beiged you, not by all three.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Viselli said:

It was 2.1 days but it stacked. If you were beiged twice, you got 4.2 days, for example.

• Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

• James T Kirk changed the title to The Beige Affair and an Orbis Governing Body

Just sayin' "solving" one small problem by creating an immensely bigger problem isnt a solution. all this will do is make a nation that looses a battle unable to ever build any defnses EVER, wars will be a lot quicker tho.... 100% more VM's and those left will just surrender so they can have a chance to POSSIBLY rebuiild