6/28/2020 - War Slot Filling, Removing Beige

Alex

You're outing yourself as a lazy administrator of this game by ignoring all of the suggestions that have been made in the past with regards to either the beige system itself or the rulebook and you're also outing yourself as a cheap administrator because the reason you're doing this ultimately is not the fact that there have been issues but simply because you couldn't be bothered to set out clear rules and hire somebody else to enforce them for you (since you hate moderation so much). That is all there is to this regardless of the words you're trying to put this in.

• Upvote 2

This passes any shitty update you’ve ever made. Do you think with your ass when you make these updates? If you don’t have the patience or respect for the player base when deciding to mock us with your updates then at least take a deep breath and a step back when you see literally everyone saying this is a bad idea. Instead of ignoring us or threatening people with strikes like I have seen in dm s, man up and participate in the discussion. 

When did this game become a dictatorship?

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

2 hours ago, Williarsk said:

Little guys are going to get their bums beaten so hard they are going to quit, not to mention people who excersize their freedom of speech and make enemies in chat groups. Do you really want to give so much power to giant alliances and their corrupt, power-hungry governments? How does this help anyone? It's literally worse than slot filling.

You know it's the power hungry giant alliances complaining all day and night about not being able to permanently snuff out even the slightest opposition. Then once Alex opens the gate, they turn around and complain its too much and they want to quit now.

It's all about not being in total control and trying to bend the moderation around each and every wish. Not so much as giving people a good time and being fun.

Edited by Deulos
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Deulos said:

You know it's the power hungry giant alliances complaining all day and night about not being able to permanently snuff out even the slightest opposition. Then once Alex opens the gate, they turn around and complain its too much and they want to quit now.

It's all about not being in total control and trying to bend the moderation around each and every wish. Not so much as giving people a good time and being fun.

What are you talking about? Micros are complaining too.

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Everyone's already said what needs to be said regarding the stupid change, so I'm just going to register my annoyance with the following:

xioajHi.jpg

> 46 downvotes, 4 upvotes
> "popular post"

ytxc3vsivj021.jpg

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Everyone's already said what needs to be said regarding the stupid change, so I'm just going to register my annoyance with the following

> 46 downvotes, 4 upvotes
> "popular post

The laughing faces are counted as upvotes, too. So you're not allowed to laugh here sarcastically because it'll be interpreted as approval.

1 minute ago, Mitsuru said:

The laughing faces are counted as upvotes, too. So you're not allowed to laugh here sarcastically because it'll be interpreted as approval.

That's still 50 to 8. "popular"

To reply to the OP somewhat, however...

4 hours ago, Alex said:

If you have suggestions for an alternative to the now deprecated beige mechanic for losing wars, I am all ears and would encourage you to make a post in the suggestions forum here: https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/forum/52-game-suggestions

I am insulted and offended. I personally have suggested half a dozen alternatives, and there's dozens more yet suggested both in this thread and in that subforum you've linked. You've now made it abundantly clear that you have never read that subforum and have no intention to do so. More than anything else, that sentence alone was made with such crass laziness and bad faith that I now simply refuse to even try to help. If you don't want suggestions, then fine: you'll get none from me.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, James II said:

Micros are complaining too.

I know but they haven't gotten very far on the forums without either getting freezed out or roasted into eternity by said members of large alliances. Just because you choose to join the first alliance you see doesn't mean that's end all. All during the global the old Col B kept pushing the remove beige narrative to eternally spook away the opposition. Now it's removed...

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

More than anything else, that sentence alone was made with such crass laziness and bad faith that I now simply refuse to even try to help. If you don't want suggestions, then fine: you'll get none from me.

You obviously aren't the only one. There are people that think this same thing.

• Downvote 1

It's changes like this that make me wonder whether Alex actually hates the game he created himself.

I don't always agree with Akuryo but his suggestion does a lot to fix the beige issue without massively destroying the war mechanic. This change just makes the first strike advantage in wars even more pronounced, and makes it harder for the alliance/coalition that is enitially on the losing end to turn the tide.

Oh, and thanks for voting in my poll Alex, it's pretty obvious you favour the last option of just ramming through any old change with no need for input. Your vote has been added to the tally.

• Upvote 1

So last war change made it so players would have a really easy time sitting on players with the same city count due to score range changes heavily weighted by cities. And now there’s no beige...: what in the heck

• Upvote 1

I think its funny when changes in a game make y'all super upset.

What is the difference between giving the order to not beige in war and not having beige in a war? I am someone who's been in these games for a while, why? No idea. Most times they get to the point where it is boring as all hell. Alex may make quick and sudden changes, but for me - keeps me on my toes and pushes you to learn new things, strats, and maybe - could change the dynamics in the game. I don't think he wakes up one day and is like no more beige, I think there is a thought process there.

I look forward to what this brings to the game. Also, I like pre's extended ideas in this game - there's a lot that can be done to change the war mechanics, everybody isn't going to be happy, but going personal and negative isn't going to solve anything haha

• Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

What is the difference between giving the order to not beige in war and not having beige in a war?

The difference is they want to be in control of who gets "rewarded" with beige and who doesn't. It's more at "let's abuse the game mechanics to punish people that think differently". Personally, I like seeing them have cows over this too.

• Downvote 1