6/28/2020 - War Slot Filling, Removing Beige

Alex

So tanks have the spotlight and now beige has been removed? Things changed so much since my three month leave.

Anyway, imagine punishing people for what has been an intended game mechanic since, what? The start of the game? Not gonna lie, that is some Fallout 76 crap right there.

• Haha 1

Thanks for revoking the nation strikes on those two players. I thought it was unfair that they were punished for violating a rule in a form that wasn't listed in the game rules.

I disagree with the new precedent, though. I also think this sudden removal of beige is ridiculous. If you have alternative in mind, please install it within the next few months. 

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Stop jumping to conclusions. Do you even know your own game bruh?

Edit: I should just vm for two years in a hope that this game would actually improve rather than going for the hard turn ( delete).

Edited by Murtaza
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

The original idea for the re-buy change was geared towards spies, but works for units as well. The thread can be found here:

There would need to be additional measures in relation to units however. Spy attacks, improvements dying, pop limits and such all need to be taken into account.

• Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

My intention is not to make the game punitive and impossible to rebuild / recover from a lost war (or series of lost wars) and I will be exploring alternatives. However, the beige time from losing wars is a broken, abused mechanic that can no longer exist as-is, thus it's removal.

Exploring? you have to try to play the game first.

4 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

The original idea for the re-buy change was geared towards spies, but works for units as well. The thread can be found here:

There would need to be additional measures in relation to units however. Spy attacks, improvements dying, pop limits and such all need to be taken into account.

All beige is probably easier to re-code (which let's be honest, is a valid concern given the bugs from the last update). Also, I'd assume that if a building is destroyed, the amount of units which die from both polls would be proportional (say, if you have a third of your airforce deployed, and two thirds in reserve, 10 of the reserve planes would die, while 5 of your front line ones would die).

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

If I had to guess who Sheepy is IRL based on his “leadership” I’d say he’s a perfect match with Joe Biden.

Game changes over the last few months are as well-thought out as these wise words:

“I’ve got hairy legs that turn uh blonde in the sun...and I learned about roaches.” 

So remember to donate to Sheepy on Super Thursday. If you donate, you’ll get “you know, the thing.”

• Haha 1

I think everyone agrees, that the beige mechanic is broken.
But removing the beige mechanic, before having an alternative ready, is stupid.

We have lived with this for years - Im sure we can wait one more month before a decent alternative is ready.

• Upvote 6

Can you make Grayy an official team color now?

Grayy lmao @Alex

also this is too early. We needed this in 60 days (end of NAP + 1 week) so we can see the game collapse and get a 1-4 day rollback.

Every GW has a game break. Brace yourselves, this is only the beginning.

@Prefontaine

give whales a Beige project.

”Fetal Position Initiative: Pls no bully

Edited by 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Active duty and reserve duty for units. You can buy units up to your max and place them into reserve status where they can't be killed unless the building which houses them. Spies can also hit them but in a much more limited capacity. This way you can stack units into a protected mode while you work yourself up to max mil again in reserve status, and can then come out swinging. 

So basically copy Cybernations with a slight addition.

Also on the main topic, removing beige will just cause more slot filling. There's literally no in-game system to say a micro not tied to any AA is or is not in an AA that slot fills is breaking any rules.

Edited by Valdoroth

Just now, Valdoroth said:

So basically copy Cybernations with a slight addition.

Still works on the daily rebuy system. You have your 1 day worth of units to purchase, you purchase them into reserve military. After a few days when your at max in reserves, you can move them all out into active duty. CN you could buy your max military, 1/3 for soldiers and 1/5 for everything else I believe.

If it didn't come out clear it was because I was typing it out really quick and briefly because I saw this thread and was trying to put out the fire, all while discussing things with Alex about it on Discord. 

• Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

War slot filling is a problem but not having beige creates a much bigger problem.

It needs to be changed or replaced, but not just eliminated.

I proposed some changes here that I believe would fix most of the problems with it now: 

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png