War Slot Filling

LukeTP

• Administrators

The main difference here is that Deulos is not (to my knowledge) allied to the target.

It's also worth pointing out that naval battles don't take loot, so there's no incentive to max naval forces if your enemy has none. It seems like he was trying to establish a Blockade, which he did, and then transitioned away from naval battles.

The issue isn't about "economical" raiding, it's about determining whether the two other allied nations were actually raiding or they were declaring war on their ally to benefit them (prevent others from taking the loot, giving beige time to prevent new war declarations) by filling their war slots.

Because they didn't do what one would typically expect in a legitimate raid, and because they're allied to the target and stand to gain from filling the war slots, I determined that it was war slot filling.

EDIT: A pre-emptive reminder that this is a no-discussion forum. If you are not the accused, the accuser, or providing specific evidence, you will receive a warning point for your post.

• Downvote 7

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Alex, the fact that the "main difference here" is to do with being allied to the target, when there is no (to my knowledge) rule about only attacking targets that you are not allied to, makes that a completely irrelevant point. What If i told you that Agon were allied to THL? Agon would of course deny it, but you have no way of knowing because paperless treaties are commonplace in PnW so it is impossible for you to know whether or not two nations or alliances are allied unless you make it a requirement to lodge all paperless treaties with you.

All we are asking for is a consistent enforcement of the rules. Either this is war slot filling, or as a minimum one, if not both, of the nations in the precedent, were not war slot filling.

You cannot have one rule for your mates (and their friends), and another rule for the rest.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

The main difference here is that Deulos is not (to my knowledge) allied to the target.

It's also worth pointing out that naval battles don't take loot, so there's no incentive to max naval forces if your enemy has none. It seems like he was trying to establish a Blockade, which he did, and then transitioned away from naval battles.

The issue isn't about "economical" raiding, it's about determining whether the two other allied nations were actually raiding or they were declaring war on their ally to benefit them (prevent others from taking the loot, giving beige time to prevent new war declarations) by filling their war slots.

Because they didn't do what one would typically expect in a legitimate raid, and because they're allied to the target and stand to gain from filling the war slots, I determined that it was war slot filling.

EDIT: A pre-emptive reminder that this is a no-discussion forum. If you are not the accused, the accuser, or providing specific evidence, you will receive a warning point for your post.

Since I am the accused, allow me to ask this.  Where is the rule on not dropping out of an alliance to declare on an alliance.  If you are going to implement this rule, fine, but give us a warning since we never knew about it.  A strike is too much for a rule that you are making up on the spot, and since I have gotten a strike, I’m not longer going to participate in the name of the game: war.

Also, I’d like to note that this went from being about me using minimal soldiers (which was a mistake and the government chat logs prove that) to an issue of being allied to the nation which, as far as I know, is not against the rules.

Edited by Dillon I
  • Upvote 1