Events/Quests

Nadya Iwakura

Okay, so, the basis for this is something like events from Crusader Kings II, issues from NationStates, or island quests from Grepolis. I don't think Sheepy is exactly a writer, but I think it would be a great addition to gameplay and longevity even without complex storylines, and there could even be some sort of player submission system for these like NationStates has.

You are told to deal with an event, which is chosen randomly each day or possibly once there are enough in the pool of events, twice a day or something like that, and possibly with some criteria like not being blockaded for some of them to appear, and maybe government type has some effect in which are available. Once you receive it, you are given multiple choices, some of which only available if you have prerequisite resources or money, maybe even choices could be given for having specific government types or social/economic policies, and they give different outcomes based on how you react. Also, if Sheepy would decide on making some buffs/debuffs as some of the consequences of choices, then a new panel on the nation page showing what they do and for how long they last would be beneficial. Possibly some events could even include wars against NPC nations that appear only to the person doing the event if that is feasible, and some events could develop across multiple days. I think it would be fun!

• Upvote 2

Interesting idea, though I'm not sure if it should relate to the actual in game concept. If it is implemented, at least for the time being I believe it should not play any role in terms of in game influence. As such, no consequences should happen due to these decisions. At this time, I think it should just be something on the side for fun.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 6:07 AM, Nadya Iwakura said:

Okay, so, the basis for this is something like events from Crusader Kings II, issues from NationStates, or island quests from Grepolis. 

I support this with my life. Dewit!