Military Alliance Barracks

The Illyrian

Military Alliance Barracks Project in your Nation 

A:What is the military alliance barracks project?
B:It would be an improvement that allows an alliance nation in your range to deploy their selected units army in your military alliance barracks in aid to your nation(of course, if they also have built the military alliance barracks Project).
A:How do I find out if the enemy has joint units in his nation, from his alliance comrades?
B: You have to get a successful espionage report, which will show the extra troops from the other nations.(Also read point 8 of the rules of the project)
A: Why is this necessary? 
B: I think, it could bring a lot of changes/comebacks to the wars and more coordinated war game for those willing if planned well.
A: What would the costs of this project be?
B: It shouldn't be very expensive to build the project, but using it should be a little bit more expensive than "e.x; espionage reports" as it might be used only during wartime
A: Why am I posting it?
B: I just had this idea for a long time now, and want to know what every one thinks of it opinions and critics;

Rules of the project:
1) the nation deploying units to your nation is not able to deploy more units than what your maximum is(ex. : 750 planes)
2) project capped to only one use per day
3) not being able to hold someones else units longer than 60 minutes - read point 4
4) if you're blockaded, and you're also carrying someones else units on you - the units cannot be returned to the original owner nation until you leave the blockade
5) maximum deployments from other alliance nations to your nation would be 2 deployments
6) the nation deploying the units, cannot build/rebuild units until they're returned back
7) the units from other nations cannot be seen(unless successfully spied when they're already in that nation
8  ) when the nations received the units from another alliance nation, it will increase in score however the nation that sends the units decreases in score
9) it would take approximately 60 minutes for a nation to send its units in aid of another alliance nation

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Would this work with missiles and nukes as well? Because you can't realy er...return those lmao.

Also I have an issue with the 1 hour rule, that means if you have 0 planes and your ally sends you the max amount of planes you can have, you use them to wreak havoc and then send them back (usually before or perhaps they don't have the MAP's) to respond. The exploitability of that even if you can only do it once a day is immense. Basically getting 5 days of military buy and sending them back with little to no casualties of planes.

• Upvote 1

Cry harder

Wanted dead or alive for the following crimes:

Thoughts of attempting rebellion, leaking, being a femboy, being a weeb

1 minute ago, Vero said:

Would this work with missiles and nukes as well? Because you can't realy er...return those lmao.

Also I have an issue with the 1 hour rule, that means if you have 0 planes and your ally sends you the max amount of planes you can have, you use them to wreak havoc and then send them back (usually before or perhaps they don't have the MAP's) to respond. The exploitability of that even if you can only do it once a day is immense. Basically getting 5 days of military buy and sending them back with little to no casualties of planes.

Good question, no nukes and missiles wouldn't be able to be transferred.

As for the 1 hour rule
1)when your ally sends you their units your ally would be vulnerable himself
2)the other enemy you want to hit, could be doing the exact same thing.. since joint attacks would be very expected;)
3)as I mentioned, if you're blockaded you wouldn't be able to resend units back to the original nation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SixSadistic66 said:

Good question, no nukes and missiles wouldn't be able to be transferred.

As for the 1 hour rule
1)when your ally sends you their units your ally would be vulnerable himself
2)the other enemy you want to hit, could be doing the exact same thing.. since joint attacks would be very expected;)
3)as I mentioned, if you're blockaded you wouldn't be able to resend units back to the original nation.

I suppose, but it would be hard to exploit that vulnerability especially if they are out of your tiering. Say a c35 gives like a fraction of his planes to a c12. And if you can't send units back because of a blockade, doesn't that makes blockades even more useless? Nerfing ships to hell and unuseable.

• Upvote 1

Cry harder

Wanted dead or alive for the following crimes:

Thoughts of attempting rebellion, leaking, being a femboy, being a weeb

31 minutes ago, SixSadistic66 said:

Military Alliance Barracks Project in your Nation 

A:What is the military alliance barracks project?
B:It would be an improvement that allows an alliance nation in your range to deploy their selected units army in your military alliance barracks in aid to your nation(of course, if they also have built the military alliance barracks Project).
A:How do I find out if the enemy has joint units in his nation, from his alliance comrades?
B: You have to get a successful espionage report, which will show the extra troops from the other nations.(Also read point 8 of the rules of the project)
A: Why is this necessary? 
B: I think, it could bring a lot of changes/comebacks to the wars and more coordinated war game for those willing if planned well.
A: What would the costs of this project be?
B: It shouldn't be very expensive to build the project, but using it should be a little bit more expensive than "e.x; espionage reports" as it might be used only during wartime
A: Why am I posting it?
B: I just had this idea for a long time now, and want to know what every one thinks of it opinions and critics;

Rules of the project:
1) the nation deploying units to your nation is not able to deploy more units than what your maximum is(ex. : 750 planes)
2) project capped to only one use per day
3) not being able to hold someones else units longer than 60 minutes - read point 4
4) if you're blockaded, and you're also carrying someones else units on you - the units cannot be returned to the original owner nation until you leave the blockade
5) maximum deployments from other alliance nations to your nation would be 2 deployments
6) the nation deploying the units, cannot build/rebuild units until they're returned back
7) the units from other nations cannot be seen(unless successfully spied when they're already in that nation
8  ) when the nations received the units from another alliance nation, it will increase in score however the nation that sends the units decreases in score
9) it would take approximately 60 minutes for a nation to send its units in aid of another alliance nation

Couple of questions to get this straight before I actually talk about the project:

1) It shouldn't be very expensive to build the project, but using it should be a little bit more expensive than "e.x; espionage reports" as it might be used only during wartime - Is there a cost to using the units? Is it a flat cost regardless of how much you're withdrawing? Is it the cost of the units themselves? Is there an extra cost when you're sending your units?

2) if you're blockaded, and you're also carrying someones else units on you - the units cannot be returned to the original owner nation until you leave the blockade - Are the units unusable when you are blockaded? If yes, ships are now a must have. If no, they're a detriment to your war effort if someone can just keep an army twice the size they should have because of a blockade.

3) maximum deployments from other alliance nations to your nation would be 2 deployments - Is a 'deployment' for one unit in particular? Or for all of them? Can I stack them, so if my plane cap is 750, I could get 1500 planes total from two nations?

4) the units from other nations cannot be seen(unless successfully spied when they're already in that nation - What about when you're at war with them? You shouldn't have to do a gather intel op every time before attacking (if your opponent is active within the last hour) just to make sure you don't zerg rush into a deathstack.

5) it would take approximately 60 minutes for a nation to send its units in aid of another alliance nation - During that time, are the units no longer available to the person sending the units?

6) No specific quote for this, but would a spy op also show who's sending the units?

3 hours ago, Vemek said:

Couple of questions to get this straight before I actually talk about the project:

1) It shouldn't be very expensive to build the project, but using it should be a little bit more expensive than "e.x; espionage reports" as it might be used only during wartime - Is there a cost to using the units? Is it a flat cost regardless of how much you're withdrawing? Is it the cost of the units themselves? Is there an extra cost when you're sending your units?

2) if you're blockaded, and you're also carrying someones else units on you - the units cannot be returned to the original owner nation until you leave the blockade - Are the units unusable when you are blockaded? If yes, ships are now a must have. If no, they're a detriment to your war effort if someone can just keep an army twice the size they should have because of a blockade.

3) maximum deployments from other alliance nations to your nation would be 2 deployments - Is a 'deployment' for one unit in particular? Or for all of them? Can I stack them, so if my plane cap is 750, I could get 1500 planes total from two nations?

4) the units from other nations cannot be seen(unless successfully spied when they're already in that nation - What about when you're at war with them? You shouldn't have to do a gather intel op every time before attacking (if your opponent is active within the last hour) just to make sure you don't zerg rush into a deathstack.

5) it would take approximately 60 minutes for a nation to send its units in aid of another alliance nation - During that time, are the units no longer available to the person sending the units?

6) No specific quote for this, but would a spy op also show who's sending the units?

1) of course -  you would be using the units like its yours for the time being, so the upkeep and the expenses of gas and munitions, yes the cost of sending the units would be somewhat a bit higher than sending 60 spies on an espionage operation 
2) usable for the nation that received the units and is blockaded, but unusable for the nation that sent them(since the nation that sent the troops, won't be able to receive the units back because of the blockade the receiver is on) so if you intend in returning back the units to your alliance mate and let them rebuild what you could have lost of their units in your attack or even let them fight on their own(or coordinate a joint attack from his barracks) you'd have to make sure your ships aren't going down during the time of this attack and you're not going to get blockaded - By this I say that it actually adds more importance to ships.
3) deployment would be for one type of unit in particular, and yes if your plane cap is 750 you would be getting 1500 planes from 2 other nations the total being 2250(however it wouldn't be giving advantage to anyone in particular, since everyone would be coordinating joint attacks it would fairly be about who plans them correctly and in a timed schedule)
4) that's a good question, I think there should be an addition in the espionage operations to only spy the military alliance barracks of that nation(unlimited spy ops towards military alliance barracks but each use with a cost)
5)Yes, during the time of arriving and returning these units would be not available to neither the sending nation or the receiving nation
6) Yes it would contain the type of units,number of the units and the nations that sent the units in the military alliance barracks of the nation you're espionaging.

Alright then, so to point out some stuff in no particular order;

1) Blockading someone with additional units becomes detrimental to you with this, it does not make ships important whatsoever. According to you, the units can only be used for 60 minutes once a day, which means if you're blockaded you're allowed to keep the units you have and attack with them as well, allowing you to trounce not only the single idiot who blockaded you, but also however many other people you're fighting.

2) Forcing people to do espionage ops is pointless, because it hinges entirely on the minute chance that the other person has deployed units within the same 60 minute period where you spy on them.

All in all, this doesn't seem like it would have much impact in the game. Sending units to someone else leaves you extremely open, as not only are a certain number of units lost, you're also locked out from rebuilding them, meaning there wouldn't be much reason to even attempt something like this except for lulz, for pirates raiding or for small-scale counters. It won't add much complexity to larger-scale wars as anyone who deploys units could be very easily pinned down, and the person with all these units would deal some initial damage only to be shot up into range of people with higher city counts who can systematically grind them down with superior buy rates after getting a blockade on them.

In addition to this, this quite literally kills all the pirates that don't subsist on a stale diet of inactives every day. Even if they raid someone they would not only have to deal with 3 counters nows, but also 6 different people adding to the unit counts of each of them.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the unit activity period (60 minutes) would  likely have to occur in a 2 hour space rather than 1 hour because of turn change time period. Which enhances other issues in this.

This is all stuff I came up with on the spot while typing for 5 or so minutes. The fact is with so many variables (for lack of a better term) and moving parts (ditto) I'm sure there are people out there who could quickly find some more gamey shit in this, which would only see limited use otherwise.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vemek said:

Alright then, so to point out some stuff in no particular order;

1) Blockading someone with additional units becomes detrimental to you with this, it does not make ships important whatsoever. According to you, the units can only be used for 60 minutes once a day, which means if you're blockaded you're allowed to keep the units you have and attack with them as well, allowing you to trounce not only the single idiot who blockaded you, but also however many other people you're fighting.

2) Forcing people to do espionage ops is pointless, because it hinges entirely on the minute chance that the other person has deployed units within the same 60 minute period where you spy on them.

All in all, this doesn't seem like it would have much impact in the game. Sending units to someone else leaves you extremely open, as not only are a certain number of units lost, you're also locked out from rebuilding them, meaning there wouldn't be much reason to even attempt something like this except for lulz, for pirates raiding or for small-scale counters. It won't add much complexity to larger-scale wars as anyone who deploys units could be very easily pinned down, and the person with all these units would deal some initial damage only to be shot up into range of people with higher city counts who can systematically grind them down with superior buy rates after getting a blockade on them.

In addition to this, this quite literally kills all the pirates that don't subsist on a stale diet of inactives every day. Even if they raid someone they would not only have to deal with 3 counters nows, but also 6 different people adding to the unit counts of each of them.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the unit activity period (60 minutes) would  likely have to occur in a 2 hour space rather than 1 hour because of turn change time period. Which enhances other issues in this.

This is all stuff I came up with on the spot while typing for 5 or so minutes. The fact is with so many variables (for lack of a better term) and moving parts (ditto) I'm sure there are people out there who could quickly find some more gamey shit in this, which would only see limited use otherwise.

1) Blockading someone with additional units traps them and the units located in that nation, for a further defense or a joint attack by your alliance comrades - so yes the ships is a necessity not to lose someone's else units in an attack.
And you should realise that every can joint attack/defend, even the single idiot who blockaded you..
2) during peace time you could be correct, but during war time it would happen a lot and the spy ops would be very successful(as those aren't limited right) 
e.:x; when you're going to blitz someone
Yes, it does leave you open for 1 turn but gives huge chances to war comebacks.. e.x; if your alliance highest city nation at city 28 attacks a city 23 nation but gets surprised by the additional units if not careful which could give a change in an alliance war if operated well also you could return the units back to your mates as soon as the attack is made which is literally a second.. 
as for being shot up into range of people with higher city counts, you don't really get shot up into such ranges anymore the units score is obviously much lower(e.x planes).. as for the pirates, they would also be able to buy the project and i'm sure they also have an alliance and alliance friends.. (an alliance is a clan in simple words)
as for the time periods between these things, it is just example numbers and not really determined 
As for now, the idea could have too many loopholes or lacks of but I am generally interesting in knowing if people like the idea in the first place the details of the idea can always be constructed by the community and the community staff and admins.

45 minutes ago, Vemek said:

There is some use to blockading someone to prevent the units from being sent back; you can essentially take those units hostage and destroy them instead of letting them be distributed elsewhere (assuming the blockadier has the capability to do so, otherwise it'd likely be a silly move).

Regardless, I'm not really fond of the idea; too many conditions, doesn't seem particularly balanced, and not sure it contributes anything valuable to gameplay that makes it worth dedicating dev-time to.

Despite not being a fan of the black market idea either, Epi is right that it would overshadow this project and make it effectively useless (assuming that is still in the works).

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Like 2

Look up to the sky above~

43 minutes ago, SixSadistic66 said:

1) Blockading someone with additional units traps them and the units located in that nation, for a further defense or a joint attack by your alliance comrades - so yes the ships is a necessity not to lose someone's else units in an attack.
And you should realise that every can joint attack/defend, even the single idiot who blockaded you..
2) during peace time you could be correct, but during war time it would happen a lot and the spy ops would be very successful(as those aren't limited right) 
e.:x; when you're going to blitz someone
Yes, it does leave you open for 1 turn but gives huge chances to war comebacks.. e.x; if your alliance highest city nation at city 28 attacks a city 23 nation but gets surprised by the additional units if not careful which could give a change in an alliance war if operated well also you could return the units back to your mates as soon as the attack is made which is literally a second.. 
as for being shot up into range of people with higher city counts, you don't really get shot up into such ranges anymore the units score is obviously much lower(e.x planes).. as for the pirates, they would also be able to buy the project and i'm sure they also have an alliance and alliance friends.. (an alliance is a clan in simple words)
as for the time periods between these things, it is just example numbers and not really determined 
As for now, the idea could have too many loopholes or lacks of but I am generally interesting in knowing if people like the idea in the first place the details of the idea can always be constructed by the community and the community staff and admins.

1) Yes, they can, except when they get ZI'd with an army 3 times their size. The two people sending units to the attacker could get wiped in other areas. But that's two people losing some of their mil for anywhere between 3-8 people getting wiped.

2) "Spy ops" - Quite simply put: is there a benefit brought about by forcing this to be done by spy ops? Not really, no. So is there a reason to force spy ops? Not really, no. As a separate point however, there could be merit in spy ops showing who's sending the units.

3) "Huge comebacks" - Sacrificing two fronts to save one front is not worth it. 

4) "Shot up into such ranges anymore" - no, not under the current system but with what you're proposing where you can literally increase your units by up to 200%, you do get shot up, and city advantage means they can rebuild faster while you cannot.

5) "As for pirates, they also have an alliance" - That's not how most pirates operate. Their alliance members will have to refrain from engaging in raids for the sole purpose of helping one other guy just so they can raid an active, and even in that case pirates don't run the same mil normal players do, putting them at a disadvantage.

6) Time periods - The problem I pointed out there was that you'd be forced to have the units available for 2 hours, which makes them even more vulnerable like I said. 'Example' numbers are irrelevant as to my knowledge, every system similar to what you're describing relies on turn change, meaning 2 hours has to be the time limit.

30 minutes ago, Hime-sama said:

There is some use to blockading someone to prevent the units from being sent back; you can essentially take those units hostage and destroy them instead of letting them be distributed elsewhere (assuming the blockadier has the capability to do so, otherwise it'd likely be a silly move).

Regardless, I'm not really fond of the idea; too many conditions, doesn't seem particularly balanced, and not sure it contributes anything valuable to gameplay that makes it worth dedicating dev-time to.

Despite not being a fan of the black market idea either, Epi is right that it would overshadow this project and make it effectively useless (assuming that is still in the works).

Yeah, I agree with that, and to rephrase, at times it can be detrimental to blockade (which simply shouldn't be a thing, having space control shouldn't be bad for you no matter what), my bad :x

Edited by Vemek
  • Like 2