How should Alex gather feedback on proposed changes to the game?

namukara

How should feedback on proposed game changes be gathered  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How should Alex gather feedback on proposed new changes?

• Poll on the forum
    • Random surveys, no results published.
    • Random surveys, results published
    • Discord poll
    • Surveys of the entire game, no results published
    • Surveys of the entire game, Results published
    • Polls are bad, just make a thread and invite discussion
    • No input necessary, just rush in any old change.

Following a recent discussion regarding polls, I have decided to set up a poll to decide where Alex should post polls. I hope that the results of this poll, whatever they are, will inform actions going forward.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AntMan said:

Make a UN with leaders of the top 100 AA and have them vote on any proposed changes

Voting is a terrible idea.  People have no idea what is best for the game, especially alliance leaders.  I say this as an alliance leader in a top 10 alliance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Voting is a terrible idea.  People have no idea what is best for the game, especially alliance leaders.  I say this as an alliance leader in a top 10 alliance.

It is legit better than Alex deciding things on his own though

The concept is: The alliance leaders will have greater access to members playing the game. They can make proposals and present proposals  being discussed to their members.

While I would agree alliance leaders dont have knowledge in all parts, they atleast have more knowledge than their members in most circumstances

Currently, a vote in open forums can be easily rigged by having people in your alliance making accounts and voting on a topic. This means a large alliance will always have more sway than a smaller one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AntMan said:

The concept is: The alliance leaders will have greater access to members playing the game. They can make proposals and present proposals  being discussed to their members.

While I would agree alliance leaders dont have knowledge in all parts, they atleast have more knowledge than their members in most circumstances

Currently, a vote in open forums can be easily rigged by having people in your alliance making accounts and voting on a topic. This means a large alliance will always have more sway than a smaller one.

I have never considered this before but actually I like your idea.

lmao at prefontayne voting for 'no input necessary.'

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AntMan said:

At the end of the day it's Alex's game and alliance leaders are going to have their own biases.

GnWq7CW.png

2 hours ago, namukara said:

I have never considered this before but actually I like your idea.

lmao at prefontayne voting for 'no input necessary.'

I took this poll very very seriously, and spent hours toiling over which option to choose. No input necessary would also remove mine :3

• Downvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Personally I would like the data of a forum poll referenced in conjunction with the data of a random sample poll, so that way you get the opinions of the 'hardcore' or 'dedicated' players as well as the opinions of the 'not-hardcore' or 'less invested' players.

Main issue is some people may get to vote twice, but methinks not likely to make a large impact on the results outcome.

Discord polls are also nice for small-tweak changes that impact the game insignificantly and assuming Alex maintains an agreeable standard of what is a small and insignificant change.

Edited by Hime-sama
  • Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

1 hour ago, Hime-sama said:

Personally I would like the data of a forum poll referenced in conjunction with the data of a random sample poll, so that way you get the opinions of the 'hardcore' or 'dedicated' players as well as the opinions of the 'not-hardcore' or 'less invested' players.

Main issue is some people may get to vote twice, but methinks not likely to make a large impact on the results outcome.

Discord polls are also nice for small-tweak changes that impact the game insignificantly and assuming Alex maintains an agreeable standard of what is a small and insignificant change.

The reason I don't personally favour running it as a whole game survey, as opposed to a forum poll, is that the forum poll option also makes a topic, leading to alternative suggestions being brought up and more activity being generated. If the forum poll is advertised to everyone (whole-game message, changelog announcement etc) it might also generate more activity on the forums as more users would have to join.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...