[TREATY] VT-GATO Optional Defence and Optional Aggression Pact

JMKeynes

Just now, Epi said:

We shouldn't presume to know how GATO will handle their foreign affairs. And they are far from the typical 'micro,' this treaty will have been given a lot of thought and mean more to them than the spam some folks have.

Its an ODoAP, i usually agree with you Epi; however, at this instance its just Micro Affairs. i get GATO is this CN alliance, but this is PnW not everything works the same. just look at GOONs and the community reaction. Until GATO becomes a larger alliance or a reputable one they will be treated as a micro. 

Just now, MySonEmSea said:

Its an ODoAP, i usually agree with you Epi; however, at this instance its just Micro Affairs. i get GATO is this CN alliance, but this is PnW not everything works the same. just look at GOONs and the community reaction. Until GATO becomes a larger alliance or a reputable one they will be treated as a micro. 

no power and oil. Smh not even worthy of being mentioned.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MySonEmSea said:

The only people who treated GOONS as a micro when they showed up were morons. T$ and Rose both out themselves out billions, the latter choosing that over aiding me, their then prot who just got peace with no bank and needed to rebuild, because they were actually intelligent enough to realize looks can decieve.

Apparently some people didn't receive the memo about CN alliances. I blame Polaris for making it look bad, cause NPO, GOONS, and at one time even UPN, really did drive this message home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lury said:

not mining it. Using it for power.

Thats gay, use oil for Gas. And uranium for Electric Power. And Memes and Shit Posts for Political Power.

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

The only people who treated GOONS as a micro when they showed up were morons. T$ and Rose both out themselves out billions, the latter choosing that over aiding me, their then prot who just got peace with no bank and needed to rebuild, because they were actually intelligent enough to realize looks can decieve.

Apparently some people didn't receive the memo about CN alliances. I blame Polaris for making it look bad, cause NPO, GOONS, and at one time even UPN, really did drive this message home.

Wasn't taking about GOONs = Micro. I'm talking about people didn't like GOONs because they wanted to run things like it worked in CN. That just doesn't always work here in PnW. Our community is much more different than what is was in CN. Not saying CN was worse, just saying its different. 

Edited by MySonEmSea

39 minutes ago, MySonEmSea said:
41 minutes ago, Lury said:

not mining it. Using it for power.

Thats gay, use oil for Gas. And uranium for Electric Power. And Memes and Shit Posts for Political Power.

I know this is random, but whats wrong with using oil for power? I use coal, not oil, for power, but I was just wondering what made using oil gay.

2 minutes ago, Harold_Duighan said:

I know this is random, but whats wrong with using oil for power? I use coal, not oil, for power, but I was just wondering what made using oil gay.

its oil.

It takes up slots. Nuclear is the best. 

Edited by Lury

3 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

I’m a bit confused why a protectorate is signing treaties 😕 Isn’t the point of a protectorate to learn the game and be protected by their protector until they can be on their own (IE: be sovereign)?

After protectorate-hood, sign away. In the meantime....why?

Best of luck regardless. Nice folks in both alliances.

imo opinion protectorates are just a use for alliances not to get hit by top tier alliances. You shouldn’t start an alliance if you don’t know the game

sesame-street-the-count.gif

52 minutes ago, Koala said:

imo opinion protectorates are just a use for alliances not to get hit by top tier alliances. You shouldn’t start an alliance if you don’t know the game

Aren't you in The United Armies? Which has always been someone who has always required a protectorate? 

• Haha 1

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

5 hours ago, AntMan said:

nah dude
5 barracks/city and one lonely drydock is enough for that

Naw... well, yeah, true. Even so, though, that doesn't mean one should limit themselves to just soldiers and steel units and avoid missiles. South America, domestic missile/aircraft/soldier production, just keep a couple hundred steel on ya for the ship or just manufacture any raided bits of coal/iron you scrounge up. Can't go wrong with the classics. It even justifies the oil power plants, since domestic production.

2 hours ago, Harold_Duighan said:

There's pretty much no possible purpose to coal power plants though, since there's no way to achieve both full domestic steel autarky and full domestic gas and munitions autarky, so tanks and ships will always eventually falter under prolonged blockade, with the only possible resupply being raid loot. Which is usually not enough. Therefore, either you should be going for oil so that you can get the critical gas resource that you'll need to continue fighting despite everything, or you should be trading for the uranium to power nuclear plants.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

16 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Aren't you in The United Armies? Which has always been someone who has always required a protectorate? 

Then I’m an expert

• Haha 1

sesame-street-the-count.gif

I love how almost every post had an equal number of upvotes and downvotes. Perfectly balanced :)

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/