Nation Total Net Worth

KeatonP87

Would you want to see your nation's total net worth?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see your nation's total net worth?

• Yes
    • No

What is this?: 

This would be the ability to see your nation's total net worth of each resource of what you have produced, used and wasted. This would be all of your nation's build from the past and different city counts.

Why should Alex implement this?:

This would be a fun stat to show off to people on how much you've produced all of your nation's age. 

Where would you be able to see this?:

Two ideas are either add another tab under nation named "Total Net Worth" or either a link at the top of Revenue page under "Revenue Log" named Total Net Worth. (It would also be nice to see other people's total net worth as well)

Edited by KeatonP87
  • Like 1

• Administrators

We've got monetary net income, which is like this but based on your income, not all-time stats.

Calculating for all time going backward would be impossible, so this would only be a useful metric for new nations. And it would also be a lot of work tracking everything.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

4 hours ago, Alex said:

We've got monetary net income, which is like this but based on your income, not all-time stats.

Calculating for all time going backward would be impossible, so this would only be a useful metric for new nations. And it would also be a lot of work tracking everything.

i think rather then calculating everything it could calculate your city value + current infra + land value. If it did that then it would be a useful metric

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, durmij said:

It's computationally expensive for something with no real benefit. The goal is to make turn changes shorter not longer.

Expect this wouldn't need to calculate every turn. It would only need to calculate on building a city or a change in land or infra and when first added to the game.

11 minutes ago, lightside said:

Expect this wouldn't need to calculate every turn. It would only need to calculate on building a city or a change in land or infra and when first added to the game.

Except it's still pointless and not really useful for anything. Anyone so severely invested in the very nice one trick pony use of this can easily make a sheet to do the same thing, and just plug in an alliance ID to see. 

Or if ya make it real fancy it could even pull for several at once to compare.

This straight up is not necessary and doesn't contribute anything of actual value.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, lightside said:

I completely disagree. It would be a useful stat to measure a nation's economic strength and would thus be a helpful addition to the game. 

No... not at all. What possible purpose does "economic strength" have, other than color bonus calculations and influence over proper, and much more important, military strength? Both of which would not be positively affected by this suggestion?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

No... not at all. What possible purpose does "economic strength" have, other than color bonus calculations and influence over proper, and much more important, military strength? Both of which would not be positively affected by this suggestion?

Look at the leaderboards my friend. People in this game are competing for more then one thing. If something like this were added then it would be another thing to compete in which I find to be entertaining.

As I said before this is a metric to gauge a nation's economic strength. It's not ment to be a new game mechanic lol. There really is no reason to complain about having access to more information lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, lightside said:

Look at the leaderboards my friend. People in this game are competing for more then one thing. If something like this were added then it would be another thing to compete in which I find to be entertaining.

As I said before this is a metric to gauge a nation's economic strength. It's not ment to be a new game mechanic lol. There really is no reason to complain about having access to more information lol

Nobody actually competes for those. Nobody actually cares and almost nobody even knows who has the most kills of X at any given time, kr has eaten the most nukes, or anything but who has the most cities.

Get in touch with reality for a change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Nobody actually competes for those. Nobody actually cares and almost nobody even knows who has the most kills of X at any given time, kr has eaten the most nukes, or anything but who has the most cities.

Get in touch with reality for a change.

Not sure why you are being hostile troll but such things have no place on a suggestion forum. Not everyone plays the game the same way as you and that's just reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, lightside said:

Not sure why you are being hostile troll but such things have no place on a suggestion forum. Not everyone plays the game the same way as you and that's just reality.

You're right, people like you are very full of their selfish ideas, only they care about and would only benefit them.

Tell me again why something only you and a handful of other people, in the entire game would actually care about, should be added to a long list of far more necessary changes.

Because nobody cares about leaderboards, and you can just learn to make a sheet to do it yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

You're right, people like you are very full of their selfish ideas, only they care about and would only benefit them.

Tell me again why something only you and a handful of other people, in the entire game would actually care about, should be added to a long list of far more necessary changes.

Because nobody cares about leaderboards, and you can just learn to make a sheet to do it yourself.

Bud read the rules before you post plz. You are being super toxic and trolly. As I said before this forum isn't the place for such things. 

Edited by lightside
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3