[access] stop doing game suggestion polls on the discord server

namukara

namukara is blind...........

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok8085 said:

I doubt there are many blind people, if any at all that play PnW, I'm sure you'll be okay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

6 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

namukara is blind...........

You'd think my quite regular comments about access issues would have given that away.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, katashimon13 said:

nah only the opinions that matter pplz who answer the questions in the discord server in a relativly small timeframe xP

rawr

I guess people who are in inconvenient timezones don't matter either then lol

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 6/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, katashimon13 said:

nah only the opinions that matter pplz who answer the questions in the discord server in a relativly small timeframe xP

rawr

It was a quick poll, not intended to get everyone's opinion.

image.png

For any serious polling, I will always create a Google Form and randomly sample nations to receive it through in-game messages.

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 6/8/2020 at 12:22 PM, Alex said:

Every poll should be accessible as if the people that couldn't see well had 20/20 vision. This comment is snarky, insensitive and frankly I'm astounded. You should make polls accessible like the OP said. What even is a "QuIcK" poll??

• Downvote 2

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Deulos said:

Every poll should be accessible as if the people that couldn't see well had 20/20 vision. This comment is snarky, insensitive and frankly I'm astounded. You should make polls accessible like the OP said. What even is a "QuIcK" poll??

A "quick" poll is one that isn't intended for everyone to answer, it's just intended to get some feedback quickly.

I'm not disagreeing that Discord is less accessible, but I am stating that it is faster and easier for some use-cases.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

3 hours ago, Alex said:

A "quick" poll is one that isn't intended for everyone to answer, it's just intended to get some feedback quickly.

I'm not disagreeing that Discord is less accessible, but I am stating that it is faster and easier for some use-cases.

When you're gathering feedback, the intention shouldn't be to get it as quickly as possible, it's to get the most feedback you can. The best feedback you can is feedback which everybody has the ability to contribute to, including people who can't use discord polls and people in inconvenient timezones. What was the rush that meant this feedback gathering had to be done as quickly as possible?

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 5:22 PM, Alex said:

image.png

For any serious polling, I will always create a Google Form and randomly sample nations to receive it through in-game messages.

And to add:

Random samples are also not a good way to gather feedback. They're better than the method of using discord or only asking a few people, but they still don't get the coverage which an open-access poll, on the forums, advertised with an announcement would. Besides, the advantage of a google form for you is that if a particular change is one you are passionate about, the inconvenient polling data never has to see the light of day. The option I favour increases accessibility, increases discussion, increases transparency and will be better for every user.

• Administrators
On 6/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, namukara said:

Random samples are also not a good way to gather feedback. They're better than the method of using discord or only asking a few people, but they still don't get the coverage which an open-access poll, on the forums, advertised with an announcement would. Besides, the advantage of a google form for you is that if a particular change is one you are passionate about, the inconvenient polling data never has to see the light of day. The option I favour increases accessibility, increases discussion, increases transparency and will be better for every user.

There are only about 250 active forum users compared to around 7,000 active players in-game. Even randomly sampling a small percentage of them is likely to gather more feedback than a public forum poll.

Of course, you all (the players) are welcome to create and promote your own public forum polls. They're just not especially useful for my purposes.

Forums Rules | Game Link

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:45 PM, Alex said:

There are only about 250 active forum users compared to around 7,000 active players in-game. Even randomly sampling a small percentage of them is likely to gather more feedback than a public forum poll.

Of course, you all (the players) are welcome to create and promote your own public forum polls. They're just not especially useful for my purposes.

It's someones responsibility, if they want to be involved in the game suggestions process, to decide to get involved. This could actually be a good way for you to spur more forum activity: whenever there is a new poll on the forum, make an announcement in the changelog. People join the forum, they might use it later and they might not, but they have at least had to see it now.

• Upvote 1