Racist Embargo

Dr James Wilson

That's not what's happening here.

• Haha 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

1 hour ago, Changeup said:

Hi @Buck Turgidson, just a thought here. 

Maybe when everybody is saying you're in the wrong, you actually are in the wrong.

46 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

That's not what's happening here.

@Changeup please show him the light! Bring it into this darkness. 

• Upvote 1

~*HannaH*~

The Knights Radiant

Ghostblood Babsk

30 minutes ago, HannaH said:

@Changeup please show him the light! Bring it into this darkness. 

Sadly Mr. Turgidson's brain is so far into the void of darkness that even a speaker of the Light such as myself cannot fix it.

• Haha 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

3 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Hence my recommendation to remove colours that can be easily confused with race. The Black colour block was until recently named "TKR Sucks Big Black Knights".

I’m confused here. How exactly is this a reference to race? Sounds like you’re the one inserting race everywhere, including places where it doesn’t need to be. Seems weird to infer that some random person you’ve never met before is a racist just because they ask you to switch to the white color bloc, when the rational explanation is that he just wants a higher income.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MCMaster-095 said:

I’m confused here. How exactly is this a reference to race? Sounds like you’re the one inserting race everywhere, including places where it doesn’t need to be. Seems weird to infer that some random person you’ve never met before is a racist just because they ask you to switch to the white color bloc, when the rational explanation is that he just wants a higher income.

That’s it in a nutshell.

• Administrators

To be clear, I do not believe @Harry Flashman's message to have been racist or sent with any mal-intent. Everyone knows there are Color Trade Blocs, and his messages had nothing to do with anything racial.

@Buck Turgidson's response was inappropriate, even if he claims that he was just trolling and that Harry didn't understand his sense of humor. I told him to cut it out and that that was wrong.

Saying things are "mighty white of you" needs to stop as well, for the same reason. Regardless of historical context or intent, it gets misconstrued and turns things racial which flares up emotions. Obviously we do not tolerate any racism here, and furthermore there really isn't any racial aspect to the game, so it's not necessary or appropriate to say ambiguous things that can turn things racial (e.g. "mighty white of you", "mighty black of you", etc.)

Everyone needs to take a step back, relax, and reflect on this whole situation that has gotten out of hand. Unless I missed something more significant, I'm going to let everyone off with a warning here, but I caution you to tread lightly. If I have to address this situation again, moderation strikes will be issued to those trolling and stirring the pot.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link