Racist Embargo

Dr James Wilson

Just now, Kiloist II said:

Actually, if we're going by the definitions of both, they mean the same thing. Thanks for admitting it was referring to the race of a person. 

I also think that you're the one who initially invoked race into this. As, I was in the discussion with Harry when he brought up asking some high income nations/alliance to join the white colour bloc. You went baiting. Took a big swing and you're still staring at the fences while the ball is sitting in the catcher's mitt. I would suggest you educate yourself more before using outdated phrases that do in fact have racial connotations associated with them. 

But that was a different expression, and you were the first to use it.

I shot back at Harry for his exceptionally insensitive timing. The fact that he persisted rather than take a pause suggests I may have been right. This kind of argumentaton s commn among racist on Fox News - do something then deny it was racist. Is that what Hrry was doing, or will he admit that he was wrong and insensitive? People are literally rioting in the US and the UK about this... Have you seen the news?

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

1 minute ago, Dr James Wilson said:

This is fricking insane.   You have some serious issues.

Atleast racism s not one of them. I have fought racism my whole life as a member of 4 races.

When people ask me where I am originally from, I answer, "Earth, how about you?"

Just now, Alexio15 said:

Nothing to see here folks just here to harass people 

Ok here the proof of the breach of terms @Alex

6 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Ok so let's be clear n how badly this has devolved:

1) I called you guys out for something that could easily be construed as racism.

2) So you people preemptively reported me in fear that I would carry through on my trolling. Beat me to the punch.

3) then gang up on me for calling out potential racism.

4) and call me a racist because  referred to your colour block, which was the problem n the first place.

Who is 'you guys?'

I'm the head of econ for Ordo Draconis, a prot of Carthago and TCW. I'm about as far removed from that bloc as it's possible to be.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Atleast racism s not one of them. I have fought racism my whole life as a member of 4 races.

When people ask me where I am originally from, I answer, "Earth, how about you?"

Its not proof you imbecile its sarcasm as you so eloquently put it. Need i remind you that you indeed messaged me first and I replied to each message you sent. If this constitutes harassment ban me now.

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

But that was a different expression, and you were the first to use it.

I shot back at Harry for his exceptionally insensitive timing. The fact that he persisted rather than take a pause suggests I may have been right. This kind of argumentaton s commn among racist on Fox News - do something then deny it was racist. Is that what Hrry was doing, or will he admit that he was wrong and insensitive? People are literally rioting in the US and the UK about this... Have you seen the news?

I took a culturally mutual phrase as it comes from the phrase you used and showed you that it it's not just a US/Canadian thing and that the phrase exists in multiple different phrasings in the world, since you wanted to brag about living and working in many different countries. 

Let's be honest with ourselves here, Harry did not mean moving to the white colour bloc to be a racist thing like you're taking it to be and instead you ran with this idea in your head instead of getting clarity. I know what's going on. I have been in several peaceful protests in my city since the murder of George Floyd. Now, please practice what you're attempting to preach here and be more aware of what you say.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

By your own definition, you're displaying signs of 'autism' here.

21 minutes ago, namukara said:

Hey,

I'm autistic. I'm also a law student; in the past I have volunteered with Samaritans, a university-based counselling service, and now hold several counselling qualifications. I understand humour and sarcasm pretty well, thank you...I also understand when people are using it as an excuse to get out of being called out for their shitty behaviour.

Perhaps you might look better if you'd just apologised for your comment rather than further attacking people and making irrelevant and false generalisations. Just a thought.

Cool, so maybe you can advise him. Nothing wrong with autistic people - I actually suspect most people are on the spectrum somehow. But can you confirm thatnut understanding humour and sarcasm in particular is a tell?

What on earth do i have to apologise for?

Just now, Buck Turgidson said:

Cool, so maybe you can advise him. Nothing wrong with autistic people - I actually suspect most people are on the spectrum somehow. But can you confirm thatnut understanding humour and sarcasm in particular is a tell?

What on earth do i have to apologise for?

Having thought about that since you mentioned it, I really can't. There are quite a lot of comedians who have been diagnosed.

4 minutes ago, namukara said:

By your own definition, you're displaying signs of 'autism' here.

How? Alexio15 was given explicit instructions to not contact me, and has now breached those terms. If you knew what he and his fellow harassers did, it would blow you away. I kept my side of the bargain - he has been sending my in game PMs all week, and I let t slide, but now it is clearly enough.

2 minutes ago, namukara said:

Having thought about that since you mentioned it, I really can't. There are quite a lot of comedians who have been diagnosed.

Well, I am an educator so you will have to take my word on it. And perhaps research it yourself. It will help you a lot, even if you are high functioning. And BTW I dd not mean it in any negative way - I did say I was being serious about that comment and mean t. Not something I would joke about - my 9 year old son is autistic.

Edited by Buck Turgidson

3 minutes ago, Buck Turgidson said:

How? Alexio15 was given explicit instructions to not contact me, and has now breached those terms. If you knew what he and his fellow harassers did, it would blow you away. I kept my side of the bargain - he has been sending my in game PMs all week, and I let t slide, but now it is clearly enough.

Well, I am an educator so you will have to take my word on it. And perhaps research it yourself. It will help you a lot, even if you are high functioning. And BTW I dd not mean it in any negative way - I did say I was being serious about that comment and mean t. Not something I would joke about - my 9 year old son is autistic.

A good sign you know very little about autism is thinking you know a lot about autism.

• Upvote 3

Well, I am an educator so you will have to take my word on it. And perhaps research it yourself. It will help you a lot, even if you are high functioning.

I was given no such instruction to not contact you so please do get said facts right. You messaged me first and I replied to each message. I'm more then happy to share those messages here since you seem so keen to drag me into this. 

Screenshot_20200605-224552_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224558_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224605_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224609_Chrome.jpg

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

6 minutes ago, Kiloist II said:

I took a culturally mutual phrase as it comes from the phrase you used and showed you that it it's not just a US/Canadian thing and that the phrase exists in multiple different phrasings in the world, since you wanted to brag about living and working in many different countries. 

Let's be honest with ourselves here, Harry did not mean moving to the white colour bloc to be a racist thing like you're taking it to be and instead you ran with this idea in your head instead of getting clarity. I know what's going on. I have been in several peaceful protests in my city since the murder of George Floyd. Now, please practice what you're attempting to preach here and be more aware of what you say.

I was not bragging - it is a fact. I m literally the most well-traveled person  have ever met. I teach at U of Glasgow and Warwick Business School, and they fly me in from Montreal to do it. 

I would have accepted Harry doing that in error if he admitted it - might have been an honest mistake. The problem is that everything he has done sine then suggests he is trying to hide being discovered - the right thing to do would have been to take pause. 

Perhaps you can explain it to him - I was literally having fun with him because we have a mutual friend and they have been trying to recruit me for more than a month now.

I am 100% correct here.

3 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Can we just outright ban Buck? He keeps causing issues like this and is in constant trouble with admins/mods and has now racially attacked several members of the community. I'm not sure why he's still in the game at this point and it makes no sense that rampant harassment and racial attacks against members of this community are allowed to exist here. The evidence speaks for itself.

Really? When was the last time?

3 minutes ago, namukara said:

A good sign you know very little about autism is thinking you know a lot about autism.

Sadly, I clearly know more about it than you and of the two of us, I am not the one with the condition. I do volunteer work for autistic college students.Let's just leave it at this: I am right, and you can do your own research until you realise that.

6 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

I was given no such instruction to not contact you so please do get said facts right. You messaged me first and I replied to each message. I'm more then happy to share those messages here since you seem so keen to drag me into this. 

Screenshot_20200605-224552_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224558_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224605_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-224609_Chrome.jpg

OK Reported

17 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Its not proof you imbecile its sarcasm as you so eloquently put it. Need i remind you that you indeed messaged me first and I replied to each message you sent. If this constitutes harassment ban me now.

I did not message you first. You embargoed me.

1.) Yes the comment obviously has racial undertones

2.) I don't really care because I don't get easily offended by jokes

3.) No it's not the same as using a racial slur on a black guy because white people haven't faced centuries of discrimination

4.) If we are going to get ultra politically correct, then we'd have to rename the black color bloc anyway unless yosodog actually is black

bottom line: I don't think this requires admin intervention

This was the outcome of Harry's reporting me for trolling. Then came the embargoes and harrassment and now this. Knock it off, folks, and try to be more sensitive about the world around you even if Harry can't. My comments here are in line with @Alexguidance on the meaning of the colour blocks, but I think it is beyond the grasp of the younger people playing this game..

image.thumb.png.381f39df6b1e325509fe65b43e8a4c02.png

image.thumb.png.53bddc8748f26cce35e1f0d6995c47ce.png

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

3.) No it's not the same as using a racial slur on a black guy because white people haven't faced centuries of discrimination

Oh boi are you wrong, and talk about double standards....

Edited by Mr. Goober
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

1.) Yes the comment obviously has racial undertones

2.) I don't really care because I don't get easily offended by jokes

4.) If we are going to get ultra politically correct, then we'd have to rename the black color bloc anyway unless yosodog actually is black

bottom line: I don't think this requires admin intervention

Well, the harassment certainly  doesm but you may not be aware of the history, and no, the expression is no longer racist. Furthermore, it was a reference to the White Colour block, and Alex already ruled that that was what Harry was talking about - I do not expect a double standard.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

Oh boi are you wrong, and talk about double standards....

To put this in context, Harry's move came less than a week after George Floyd was murdered, and just as global protests erupted.

Edited by Buck Turgidson

3 minutes ago, HannaH said:

Dear Buck, 

If you truly believe what you said was trolling, you should accept the fact that your intent is irrelevant. You don't get to make racist comments then go "oh lol I was just kidding guys." It is the very thing you accused Harry of: insensitive to the current events and unacceptable. 

As for people harassing you, I do believe anyone can embargo anyone in this game for any reason (so long as the in game reason doesn't violate the rules). That doesn't constitute harassment. Harassment would be more along the lines of if these individuals insulted, yelled, or threatened you. The only threatening I've seen came from you toward Harry. Responding to a message (I.E. what Alexio did) does not equal harassment. Furthermore, there is a block feature in the game. If he was bothering you, you could have easily utilized this rather than make a, as you call it, fake report of harassment. 

Additionally, making wild accusations and assumptions about people whom you know nothing about is the definition of prejudice: "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."

My free advice to you today is to log off and take a break. You are clearly escalated and not behaving in a rational manner befitting a member of this community. Please come back when you have regained some perspective and composure. 

Sincerely,

Hannah, a concerned citizen of Orbis. 

I am back and my perspective has not changed.

I think, though, you understand what is going on here. Should there be one standard, you either have to condemn Harry AND me or neither. And that standard would be for using the word White in reference to a colour block and nothing more.

If you want perspective on racism, then almost everyone in this thread except Harry and me are guilty.

Hence my recommendation to remove colours that can be easily confused with race. The Black colour block was until recently named "TKR Sucks Big Black Knights".

• Upvote 1

@Buck Turgidson I have not read everything you said, because i can't handle all this bigotry, but from the first few things you claimed, it appears to me that you justify certain actions for the sole reason of them being conducted in the past, by your argument 'mighty jew of you' said to a Jewish person (like myself) is justified because n*zi's discriminated against Jews during the holocaust. Sorry but you need a wake up call, this is 2020 and such intolerance and bigotry isn't tolerated, or at least shouldn't. You may argue that as a class "white" people in America have it easier, or are more privileged so you justify racism towards them, but for consistency sake let's not exclude any class from being a victim of racism, and that includes white people, i hope you reflect on this and become a better person in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Well we are off the rails now and in firm troll territory now that Frezasan shoed up. Dude, you literally post nazi stuff all over discord, and I have constantly argued with you about your racism. I kicked you from Yarr, along with Cobber (Bunyip), et al for exactly that reason. I certainly do commend you on your mad troll skillz - level 11 stuff for sure.

Anyone who doubts me is welcome to come to Hell's discord, and I will open the rooms where I have railed against racism for years. 

@Alex, please close this thread.