Thalmor Radio - 6/2/2020 Show

Thalmor

2 minutes ago, Corpsman said:

1. Shit that happened in the 30s can hardly be used.
2. ^^^ There is no more racial segregation. If you are poor then you are in low-income neighborhoods. That's not racism you idiot.
3. Private businesses should be able to hire or not hire whoever they want. I wouldn't WANT to work somewhere someone doesn't want me. But hiring discrimination is also illegal, so that is bullshit. At my old ambulance squad in Monroe, NY (a very conservative area) the whole station is plastered with anti-discrimination signs. The government also can not discriminate against races. That statement is purely bullshit.
4. I am not too sure about this one, but I will look into it.
5. If you can't afford food then you don't have food. This applies to white people too, dunce.
6. Same as above.

So, in 7 minutes you read 7 academic studies and/or investigative journalism pieces? You're full of shit man, there is no point arguing with someone who can't even fricking fathom that actions have impact outside of the time that they occur. frick man, you should know, your mom clearly dropped you on your head more than once and we are all having to deal with the after effects years later. Wealth compounds and so does poverty.

I'm gonna spend the rest of my evening convincing my wall it's a platypus as that has infinitely greater chances of success than educating your ignorant ass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

So, in 7 minutes you read 7 academic studies and/or investigative journalism pieces? You're full of shit man, there is no point arguing with someone who can't even fricking fathom that actions have impact outside of the time that they occur. frick man, you should know, your mom clearly dropped you on your head more than once and we are all having to deal with the after effects years later. Wealth compounds and so does poverty.

I'm gonna spend the rest of my evening convincing my wall it's a platypus as that has infinitely greater chances of success than educating your ignorant ass.

No I skimmed them. I gtg, but it was nice talking to you (except for the insults).

• Haha 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

2 minutes ago, Corpsman said:

No I skimmed them. I gtg, but it was nice talking to you (except for the insults).

Says the guy who called the person he was debating with an ‘idiot’ 😂 

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Why the frick would I actually engage you in a legitimate debate or discussion about anything when your response to Hodor's well informed post full of links to disprove your bullshit was responded to with a bunch of one liners and the claim you skimmed through 7 massive articles in 7 minutes.   I'm not an idiot like you.   I don't spend my time talking to walls.

edit: also, calling me an sjw 🤣 good lord

Edited by Dr James Wilson

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

It's definitely a complicated set of issues, I ultimately agree more with the statement all lives matter, black people aren't the only POC who face Socioeconomic obstacles, systematic racism and race driven police brutality. But saying All lives matter as a counter argument to Black Lives Matter is usually a refusal to acknowledge the validity of the statement that Black lives matter, and when societies actions gives off the impression that Black Lives  don't matter and never really have, it's not a selfish self-promotion in ignorance of the plights of others , it's a reminder of this simple fact that Black lives matter . 

On the topic of the Riots, like the prior, is also very complicated, stealing and arson are wrong, but when you march, kneel, say that your life matters, raise your hands up peacefully and chant "Hands up don't shoot", for years, and you are scrutinized, politicized , laughed at , and things keep appearing to get worst, what other avenue should they take? 

• Upvote 2

Reminder Corpsman is the same guy who, as a diplomat of an ally of mine at the time, dropped a transphobic rant in our server because of a private DM discussion I'd had with them.

You can imagine the alliance with the transgender leader was very quick to ban him and then perform CPR on those struggling to breathe from laughing at the sheer imbecility of it all.

Please, don't waste a moment of your time, and just block them as I have. Had to re learn how to do it cause it's been so long lol.

• Like 2

I mentioned this tonight during the broadcast, but this thread goes to show just how volatile the subject of race is in the US. It makes any kind of high-level dialogue about anything almost impossible. Kinda sucks, but oh well I guess.

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! It was cool having people on that usually can't make it. We even have some first-timers tune in!

This Friday's show is still on like usual. Tonight's episode was just a little bonus. See y'all this Friday on the 5th! Hopefully I'll have some new things to talk about!  

Edited by Thalmor
Left out a word.
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

You know what's fun about identity politics? They don't matter to anyone but you. That's right, they're just based on what you define as a set of people.

This quarantine has cost people their jobs, their lives, and their future. I've seen people go from 24/7 beach bod to lumpy sacks of shit. I've seen them turn to DYEL skellies.

I've seen people brag about their LA socialite life and their newly leased Euro sports car now tossing everything out, using prepaid "gibs" cards from the government, and now social recluses. 

But you know what? I kept working, I haven't lost anything, and I haven't become less social.

But guess what? 

I have nothing, gained nothing, and never have. Not once did I say "wow, that's so heartbreaking."
frick you, I've lived a horrible life and my heart doesn't go out to anyone. Because no one has ever given a shit about me. Ever. 

"Oh lol not with that attitude" 

frick no. Even as an innocent child, it was evident that I'd get the short end of the stick.

It wasn't because I'm Hispanic. It wasn't because of the system. It's because life fricking sucks. People are rotten. From the individual, all the way to the structures they create. Not once has there been something truly virtuous or beautiful created by people. It's always been duality since day one. 

I don't have issues with police. I don't have issues with the ghetto because I avoid ghetto people and ghetto neighborhoods. I am poor, I am true blue. I don't get up every morning and say "you know what, my life sucks so let me become a junkie, a criminal, or some degenerate that harms other people's success." I don't believe it's because something is inherently wrong with me. It's just the dice I roll.

I accept that my life is my own and know that at the end of the day the only person that's out for me is me. No one cares about me. Not because I'm poor woe me or I'm a victim, but because life is all about what you can get. People only care if they can get something from you. It's why we don't give a damn about the less fortunate and while we scorn the wealthy, we still kiss their ass and give them free shit.

Black Lives Matter today, but tomorrow you'll have new cause to virtue signal. Worse yet, there's gonna be a new bottom of the totem pole group to get fricked. 

All I see in the news coverage on the cops side: Workers who couldn't get a better job/chose wrong for the day to feed their families, careerists, hero complexes, and aggressive mindfricked individuals.

All I see on the protesters: Individuals actually affected, virtue signaling white people who have no place there, bandwagoners, and political fanatics.

From the looters: Scum. Just shoot them. They're parasites, once they turn their back on society, turn you sights on them.

Honestly, a funny turn. "Don't gather in groups, social distance because less than 1% of population is dying due to natural causes (a disease). Also please support essential workers."

Now: "Yeah, let's disrupt traffic, make it impossible for people to work as things were reopening and let's fricking torch people's livelihoods."

Bravo people, bravo. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Thalmor said:

I mentioned this tonight during the broadcast, but this thread goes to show just how volatile the subject of race is in the US. It makes any kind of high-level dialogue about anything almost impossible. Kinda sucks, but oh well I guess.

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! It was cool having people on that usually can't make it. We even have some first-timers tune in!

This Friday's show is still on like usual. Tonight's episode was just a little bonus. See y'all this Friday on the 5th! Hopefully I'll have some new things to talk about!  

Just to comment on my strong words here in juxtaposition to how I conducted myself on your show. What irks me isn’t people taking the opposite side as me as I found you very open (honestly surprisingly, so thanks) and honest and self-aware, but people who come in with half-baked ideas paraded like the one source of truth have absolutely no intention of “high-level dialogue”

Shifty, thanks for taking the time to write that. I disagree with almost everything you say and do, but I really hope you find a reason to see some of the good in the world. There is some that is not fueled by self-interest. I’m pretty cynical myself but can’t deny that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I disagree with almost everything you say and do, but I really hope you find a reason to see some of the good in the world. There is some that is not fueled by self-interest. I’m pretty cynical myself but can’t deny that.

There is a lot of good in the world. I believe he does see it fully. Tis you who is blind.  I just wish you guys would stop assuming what we think. I understand assuming & judgement is a natural human habit just like being nosy.  But this community takes those to a whole new level alongside ignorance, & bias.  All that is taught to us & how we should address it w/ common sense.  Thus is obvious how you guys were taught vs how myself, Corps, & Shifty were taught. Now off to a small segiment by our beloved Youtube hero Markimoo.

Hope that was w/in all your guys attention span. Anyways, he clearly states it is not about our color of skin, but as a whole race of mankind.  What matters is how we are taught to view other ethnic groups (race, sex, religion, etc.) plus how they act on it. How one is taught plus how they act is what determines bias. Altogether, Im saying lets try not fight, mute,  & block each other. Instead work to understand each other & unite as a whole to prove that All Lives Matter no matter what ethnic group one is in.  Saying  ¨black lives matter¨ or ¨all lives matter when black lives matter¨ is naive because it is saying once race takes priority over others in order to get what is need/wanted.  Saying ¨All Lives Matter¨ states that all groups of the human race, no matter how angelic or demonic one is or may seem,  we all stand united w/ our differences to fix what is deemed the majority to be wrong. 

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

40 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

There is a lot of good in the world. I believe he does see it fully. Tis you who is blind.  I just wish you guys would stop assuming what we think. I understand assuming & judgement is a natural human habit just like being nosy.  But this community takes those to a whole new level alongside ignorance, & bias.  All that is taught to us & how we should address it w/ common sense.  Thus is obvious how you guys were taught vs how myself, Corps, & Shifty were taught. Now off to a small segiment by our beloved Youtube hero Markimoo.

What the actual frick. Literally his words:

12 hours ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

It's because life fricking sucks. People are rotten. From the individual, all the way to the structures they create. Not once has there been something truly virtuous or beautiful created by people. It's always been duality since day one. 

People only care if they can get something from you.

Seriously man, you parade around these forums demanding understanding from us and then literally insult us in the next line with your mightier than thou attitude. You're a hypocrite and utterly unaware of it, which is frankly, sad. I'm honestly not sure if you're disingenuous or suffering from something that you should seek help for. If it is the latter I do hope you find that help honestly, if it's the former frick outta here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Seriously man, you parade around these forums demanding understanding from us and then literally insult us in the next line with your mightier than thou attitude. You're a hypocrite and utterly unaware of it, which is frankly, sad. I'm honestly not sure if you're disingenuous or suffering from something that you should seek help for. If it is the latter I do hope you find that help honestly, if it's the former frick outta here.

Yes I understand I give that off that attitude. I hold a lot of pride for myself, my family, & friends.  Yes it does hold me back at times when my emotions are at a high. I am aware I can be a hypocrite at times but it is not like most of your comrades do the same (which they do). Yes I have had consueling for my issues which has made me better in certain ways.  I hold that high pride cus I know that one should be always open to listen, learn, cope to change, & able to teach/preach to others. I also have have pride cus I enjoy speaking m mind most of the time which is good & bad.  Being who I am is a blessing & a curse. The same applies to everyone. Everyone is similar yet different in every way possible.  For me there is strictly no such thing as ¨yes or no¨, only it depends. People hate me for that. Yet those who truly understand/know me, praise me.  

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

• Administrators

I'm glad there's a discussion about this important topic at hand, but many of these posts have devolved into personal and OOC attacks. Therefore, I'm going to lock this thread.

I'm all for people having difficult and nuanced discussion, but I do expect those discussions to be respectful and in accordance with the Forum Rules.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic