[Announcement] Moving Forward

King Arthur

27 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Thats what you think maan. In my case I feel fine. I just dont like how most of yall who are posting are whining about why you cannot accept an apology. Even Arthur said he is working on it w/ his government to make things better.  Acknowledge the efforts & suppport there cause for change instead of throwing crap at them. Help instead of harm.

“Acknowledge the efforts…” Excuse me, chopie, but who in the devil are you again? Oh, I know, you’re just some guy from a meaningless micro (and you keep leapfroging from alliance to alliance). Now you’re posing as some kind of “voice of reason” (though your posts have very little reason in them to begin with). And you’re telling us, the supposed target of this “apology”, how to deal with our politics? And who made you the Pope? 

Chopie, you want to chime in on a topic, fine. Rules allow that, so do as you like. But if people call you out on the stupidity of your posts, deal with it. You don’t have to post. I don’t have to post. We all risk getting called out here. Heck, I’m calling Cameltoe out on their bull**** “apology”. I’m going to get called out for being a first-rate Snek-worshipping agitator. But hey, that’s the risk we all take on the OWF.

So, chopie, all I have to say to your little concerns: DEAL WITH IT.

6 minutes ago, Klemens Hawicki said:

“Acknowledge the efforts…” Excuse me, chopie, but who in the devil are you again? Oh, I know, you’re just some guy from a meaningless micro (and you keep leapfroging from alliance to alliance). Now you’re posing as some kind of “voice of reason” (though your posts have very little reason in them to begin with). And you’re telling us, the supposed target of this “apology”, how to deal with our politics? And who made you the Pope? 

Chopie, you want to chime in on a topic, fine. Rules allow that, so do as you like. But if people call you out on the stupidity of your posts, deal with it. You don’t have to post. I don’t have to post. We all risk getting called out here. Heck, I’m calling Cameltoe out on their bull**** “apology”. I’m going to get called out for being a first-rate Snek-worshipping agitator. But hey, that’s the risk we all take on the OWF.

So, chopie, all I have to say to your little concerns: DEAL WITH IT.

So be it chopie

I obviously cannot change someone who does not see problem in there actions, & dont post who they truly are

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
& im sorry yall got mad when it rained from your own storm
  • Haha 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

20 hours ago, Klemens Hawicki said:

Yeah, an apology ain’t really an apology if you don't follow it up with certain actions. What does “his reasoning” mean? Seriously! Serial killers also have their (horribly flawed) reasoning. Doesn’t make them any better. Imagine Ted Bundy saying “sorry” but still doing what he did. Maybe the analogy is too graphic/strong, but you get the point (or you should, if you know what I mean),

Sorry, but try a better argument next time, chopie.

I presume you don't know this, but the likes of Partisan, Chaunce, Wana, Avakael and Critters along with whoever else from the Old Guard is left will remember that the Syndicate was originally founded in this realm in order to escape exactly this type of argument being used against them in the other realm by alliances who refused to accept any and all efforts at apologies made by the entire alliance (MI6) on behalf of certain extreme gov members (Chim).

Not totally relevant but just something which came to mind.

At the end of the day, you can either accept an apology and move on, or you don't. But adding conditions to apologies and insisting on special demands and wording renders the entire point of an honest apology being a moot point imo.

Edited by Thorkell Hardrada
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, Sval said:

But that's not precisely what's going on here, is it?

The issue here is that in a single thread Camelot are apologising. Then they were trying to play themselves off as another victim of IQ. Then in the next breath giving the distinct impression that they are not sorry at all, but just looking to be let off the hook.

Consistency isn't really a special demand.

Heh, I suspect that what was true for most of us at the start of the war changed considerably throughout the war itself as it spiralled out of control. A change in narrative doesn't overly surprise me since very few of us finished the war in a similar situation to the one we started the war in.

• Like 1

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The complete lack of self awareness in this statement is staggering.

Right back at you Sweet Ronny. Do I assume things about you guys? Not much honestly

If you think you know me better, I will gladly take notes & compare, continue onward sir

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
additions

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

1 hour ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

I presume you don't know this, but the likes of Partisan, Chaunce, Wana, Avakael and Critters along with whoever else from the Old Guard is left will remember that the Syndicate was originally founded in this realm in order to escape exactly this type of argument being used against them in the other realm by alliances who refused to accept any and all efforts at apologies made by the entire alliance (MI6) on behalf of certain extreme gov members (Chim).

At the end of the day, you can either accept an apology and move on, or you don't. But adding conditions to apologies and insisting on special demands and wording renders the entire point of an honest apology being a moot point imo.

Chopie, you presume far too much. And you’re too easily swayed by cheap sentiments. Life ain’t about good feelings. It’s about actions and what they reflect. 

An honest apology is accompanied (either before, after, or both) by actions that demonstrate that the apology is sincere.

Here’s an analogy for your assistance:

Person A strikes you, he stops, he apologises, he doesn't resume striking you, and finally he walks away. 

Person B strikes you, he doesn’t stop, he STILL apologises (to make you lower your guard), and he keeps striking you.

Asking Cameltoe to repudiate Pathetica/IQ isn’t a “condition” or “special demand”. It’s just a verification that they actually change. Why all the fuss over such a simple act? IQ no longer exists so what’s the risk of a full repudiation? Maybe Cameltoe is trying to secretly bring back IQ? I don’t know, and I can’t say. But Cameltoe sure don’t make it easy for the rest of us, chopie.

If Cameltoe wants to break free from the past, they need to signify that by a FULL REPUDIATION of (low) IQ. And Cameltoe’s apology is MUCH less believable when all they do is make themselves look like the “victim” of IQ. They were part of IQ and they fully participated on IQ’s side. Cameltoe needs to quit justifying IQ, because otherwise they end up looking like Person B from my analogy.

Forsztelujesz, chopie?

5 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

Heh, I suspect that what was true for most of us at the start of the war changed considerably throughout the war itself as it spiralled out of control. A change in narrative doesn't overly surprise me since very few of us finished the war in a similar situation to the one we started the war in.

I'm not talking about a change in narrative throughout the war.
I'm talking about a fluctuating narrative within this thread.

• Like 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

On 6/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, Thalmor said:

Why would they have hit you? For peacing out, for not deleting, or both?

I'm late to the party but GOONS was never going to hit Camelot. Maybe Epi tho.

Queen of Chaos

5 hours ago, Sval said:

I'm not talking about a change in narrative throughout the war.
I'm talking about a fluctuating narrative within this thread.

The narrative in this thread I presume would be reflective of the changing narrative during the war. I dare say Camelot felt about the war very differently at differing periods , optimistic at some parts, not so much at other times. Them stating as much here I'd say is consistent with the war for a lot of us 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

4 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

The narrative in this thread I presume would be reflective of the changing narrative during the war. I dare say Camelot felt about the war very differently at differing periods , optimistic at some parts, not so much at other times. Them stating as much here I'd say is consistent with the war for a lot of us 🤷‍♂️

I don't doubt that they've had a wide spectrum of feelings regarding the war.

But a changing narrative in an apology thread, running along the lines of "Sorry, not sorry, we're the victim, forgive us" over the course of a few days is very different to a changing opinion throughout months of war.

Though given the terms they were trying to inflict upon us, and a complete lack of contrition after the fact, siuggests to me quite strongly that their position on the war has only changed now that they have no choice to be sorry. And given their conduct in this thread, their remorse is largely superficial because they fear lingering grudges against them.

I will give them a chance. When they actually reach out in some meaningful way.

• Upvote 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

17 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

This is correct, but you are being very optimistic in assuming that t$ today has much in common with MI6.

Le1AjCa.png

22 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

Thats what you think maan. In my case I feel fine. I just dont like how most of yall who are posting are whining about why you cannot accept an apology. Even Arthur said he is working on it w/ his government to make things better.  Acknowledge the efforts & suppport there cause for change instead of throwing crap at them. Help instead of harm.

There is nothing against what I am doing but there is against you, Klem, Party, & all the rest who keep posting in here who agree w/ yall. Its called Flaming ,Trolling, & OoC comments in a thread that is not immune to those rules. @Alex You be the judge.

Awfully broad brush you stroke with here. My comments in this thread have been entirely  to the topic at hand. You may not like those comments, bat that does not make it "flaming, trolling and OOC".

20 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

Contradictions were (are) called out. That said, i'll (once again) note that we are open to dialogue and willing to move on in time. We have not spoken to camelot about much beyond raid incidents right up until this thread. Cam may have worked on its internals and worked with rose, but t$ has not yet seen another side of camelot. Our (initial) response reflects that. It takes time to change perceptions, and it's a bit (imo) unreasonable to expect everything to be water under the bridge immediately when that process of amends, for as far as t$ has been able to see, has only just started.

(Also, small distinction: I/t$ gov did not add "special conditions" or "insist on special demands". We were outspokenly sceptical. No more, no less. Klemens and eumir's opinions, though they are free to speak them, are their own)

3 hours ago, Avakael said:

This is correct, but you are being very optimistic in assuming that t$ today has much in common with MI6.

Correct. There's been enough turnover in membership over the years to sort of make that comparison moot (besides historical reference I guess)

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

On 6/6/2020 at 8:48 PM, Avakael said:

Heh, there is a reason I said my point wasn't really relevant. It doesn't have much in common with MI6 although that is probably a good thing I suppose :P

Edited by Thorkell Hardrada

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

Heh, there is a reason I said my point wasn't really relevant. It doesn't have much in common with MI6 although that is probably a good thing I suppose :P

I don't recall being anywhere near the best fighter in MI6.

Le1AjCa.png

Huh I'm just realizing the irony of the situation I'm in. It appears I've somehow wound up in my former enemy's coalition. So I may end up having to roll the same people that I've been defending in this thread up to this point. But whatever it doesn't really change anything. I've stated several times already that the last war wasn't personal for me and the next one won't be either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Huh I'm just realizing the irony of the situation I'm in. It appears I've somehow wound up in my former enemy's coalition. So I may end up having to roll the same people that I've been defending in this thread up to this point. But whatever it doesn't really change anything. I've stated several times already that the last war wasn't personal for me and the next one won't be either.

@Vein 2 I honestly thought you had better standards than this idiot, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

@Vein 2 I honestly thought you had better standards than this idiot, lol.

At least I don't cheat or defend cheaters. You have to be pretty morally bankrupt to get 2 nation strikes imo.

As much as I've enjoyed my low tier raiding, you've given me an incentive to grow so thank you.

Edited by Avatar Patrick
  • Upvote 1

@Vein  I honestly thought you had better standards than this idiot, lol.

(repost since akuryo pinged the wrong account)

25 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

At least I don't cheat or defend cheaters. You have to be pretty morally bankrupt to get 2 nation strikes imo.

As much as I've enjoyed my low tier raiding, you've given me an incentive to grow so thank you.

Edited by Changeup
  • Downvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

@Changeup I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you suggesting I made an OOC attack? If so, Akuryo's comment seemed a bit OOC as well. So tell you what. How about me and him both take a nation strike and then he gets banned for getting his third one 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Avatar Patrick said:

@Changeup I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you suggesting I made an OOC attack? If so, Akuryo's comment seemed a bit OOC as well. So tell you what. How about me and him both take a nation strike and then he gets banned for getting his third one 😂

Delete your forums account, everyone will be much happier.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png