[Announcement] Moving Forward

King Arthur

I have to say, I have a bit of a spotted past with Camelot and leaders - several ups and downs. Fought alongside them, fought against them a few times. When the crew decided to venture off and do something else with AT after departing IF before it died of death, we had an option to go towards those name-brand protectors or go towards something new and potentially exciting with Camelot. We chose Camelot. We've only existed for 84 days and in that time, being close to Camelot, there has been a noticeable change in not only how they represent themselves, but how they are setting themselves up for a more positive existence in the game. I cannot speak for any type of drama that is occurring in this thread or any type of recent events political or non - my response here is only for what I know and how I interact with Camelot members/leadership on a daily basis. There's a lot that has happened, clearly still a lot of aches and pain through the community, but like I said in our super secret destroy Orbis chat that we have with Camelot, I never thought I'd live in a world where I say that I love Camelot and its people.

This is a paid comment. Paid for by the Organization to Keep Orbis Great.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:14 AM, Dryad said:

Idk rawr, that arm thing just screams "subordinate" to me. Can we change that? It's also not true, Vein was bossing Camelot around if anything. Look, how about "Mythic the alliance with a core of ex-Cam High-Gov that enjoyed kicking ass and thus coordinated hits with actually not only Cam but also the rest of IQ in exchange for fat mercenary cash that enabled one of them to go up to even city 37"? I think that's much better.

Maybe, but your point was that we like Camelot too much to see them get hurt.

It kinda does since people think Arthur may turn out to be Leo 2.0 and wants to repeat the whole thing or something.

raiding arms dont have to be subordinate xP just generally working in the interest of the og alliance especially pseudo ones ;3
but the bolded things seem to say otherwise 😐

again im not diminishing fighting prowness ... willingness or accomplishments....

my point was dont weigh your opinions as heavily as other defenders with similar current standings

i dont think anyone thinks that and i defs dont think that

rawr

Alright, i'm gonna stop derailing with Mythic stuff, skip that part and really you can weigh my opinions however you want.

25 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

i dont think anyone thinks that [Arthur may turn out to be Leo 2.0 and wants to repeat the whole thing or somethingand i defs dont think that

Yeah I agree, I don't think people actually believe that, at least not in the case of Arthur. The one who is really being criticized is Epi, right? I won't defend any of the stuff he said, Epi has his own particular set of chromosomes. The point I'm really pushing is that Arthur I think is really cool and I just don't think there is really any need to worry about IQ stuff happening in the future caused by Cam despite the things Epi says, as long as Arthur is who he is. That's really something people need to realize, it's not Epi who is at the helm of that alliance. I have been in Cam gov for like 4 months or whatever and everything goes through Arthur, despite people not seeing him much in public. And Epi, if you read this, I like you too don't get me wrong, but yeah idk you just baffle me sometimes. Anyway rawr and everyone else, Arthur man good, Arthur man leader man.

• Upvote 5

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

36 minutes ago, Dryad said:

Alright, i'm gonna stop derailing with Mythic stuff, skip that part and really you can weigh my opinions however you want.

Yeah I agree, I don't think people actually believe that, at least not in the case of Arthur. The one who is really being criticized is Epi, right? I won't defend any of the stuff he said, Epi has his own particular set of chromosomes. The point I'm really pushing is that Arthur I think is really cool and I just don't think there is really any need to worry about IQ stuff happening in the future caused by Cam despite the things Epi says, as long as Arthur is who he is. That's really something people need to realize, it's not Epi who is at the helm of that alliance. I have been in Cam gov for like 4 months or whatever and everything goes through Arthur, despite people not seeing him much in public. And Epi, if you read this, I like you too don't get me wrong, but yeah idk you just baffle me sometimes. Anyway rawr and everyone else, Arthur man good, Arthur man leader man.

Majority of people agree with you, but The $yndicate does not forget who made things hard for her and her allies and the ones that supported them

As history has shown, we have always forgave after them cheeks been clapped for 4-6 weeks

As history has shown, we also never forget and have good notes of how it really do be

All @Epi, @Aero, and @Azazel offered us were words while they were on top. All that could be offered to them are words as they get clapped down.

People aren't scared of an IQ 2.0 because at worst, they'd be ostracized from the community indefinitely. At best, they'll get clapped until @Azazel orders another culture shift

• Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

That's fair @Eumirbago and I have absolutely no problem with you rolling them for a while to make up for it. I did say there is fault with them, the thing that I don't buy is the "Camelot is evil" narrative, and I'm not implying that's the narrative of leading figures of t$ but some people do think that way.

• Like 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Wait are you bragging because your alliance did almost a billion in damage?  Sphinx did 5-6 billion in damage to his own nation during that last war.

no each of the top 5 did about a billion. altogether it was several billion. anyway IQ is dead. let's move on

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dryad said:

That's fair @Eumirbago and I have absolutely no problem with you rolling them for a while to make up for it. I did say there is fault with them, the thing that I don't buy is the "Camelot is evil" narrative, and I'm not implying that's the narrative of leading figures of t$ but some people do think that way.

Nah, when I came back to the game, I just saw @Epi out here talking reckless. Can't just sit around and twiddle my thumbs when I see playboi out here whitewashing things.

They have dug their grave, they just have to accept it :P

The "Camelot is evil" narrative is just the outcome of @Epi and a number of their people peddling that nonsense.

Just the typical outcome when a motherfricker like me comes back to the game :P 

People like @Aero also thinking that they can come here to try and muzzle your boi doesn't help and just encourages the madness :D

• Haha 1
Lxr4VfE.png

1 hour ago, Dryad said:

If t$ decides to roll Camelot for a cause they find just that’s their prerogative. People can argue whether they agree or not until they’re blue in the face.  What has me scratching my head is the fact that someone is openly broadcasting this plan in plain sight. I’m not sure how sincere these “cheek clapping” threats are, but in my opinion, publicly revealing intentions to roll another alliance after the NAP expires is a casus belli in itself.  It’s, at the very least, muddying the waters of who has the moral high ground. If Camelot came out of the NAP swinging for the fences I think most people would think they were in the wrong, but now if they do it and cite open threats and promises of aggression against them it would be a lot harder to blame them. Especially after trying to apologize.  Whether you think Camelot is doing this to save their arse or not, they’ve extended a hand and tried to make amends in the name of peace.  On the other side it seems peace isn’t negotiable and war is inevitable. Basically, one side is at least appearing to attempt to resolve things peacefully. The other seems to be itching for war.

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg

21 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

If t$ decides to roll Camelot for a cause they find just that’s their prerogative. People can argue whether they agree or not until they’re blue in the face.  What has me scratching my head is the fact that someone is openly broadcasting this plan in plain sight. I’m not sure how sincere these “cheek clapping” threats are, but in my opinion, publicly revealing intentions to roll another alliance after the NAP expires is a casus belli in itself.  It’s, at the very least, muddying the waters of who has the moral high ground. If Camelot came out of the NAP swinging for the fences I think most people would think they were in the wrong, but now if they do it and cite open threats and promises of aggression against them it would be a lot harder to blame them. Especially after trying to apologize.  Whether you think Camelot is doing this to save their arse or not, they’ve extended a hand and tried to make amends in the name of peace.  On the other side it seems peace isn’t negotiable and war is inevitable. Basically, one side is at least appearing to attempt to resolve things peacefully. The other seems to be itching for war.

I have no insider info on what exactly t$ plans and I doubt you will get them here, but generally speaking there is bunch of other stuff that needs to be considered. If t$ does hit Camelot then who exactly is hitting Camelot, will it just be t$ or include some of their allies too? Justifying a dogpile is not as easy as a more even matchup. And now you get questions of the likes of "isn't it better if we get hit so we can activate treaties and drag our allies in?" So it may be the case that t$ is simply not worried about getting hit first and potentially even prefers it.

Could also be something completely different of course, like I said, I know nothing.

Also note that Eumirbago isn't gov and that word of mouth from members can usually not be taken as proof for alliance intentions, but yeah usually it's not ideal when members give hints of war plans.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

45 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

It's easy to show contrition when you are not the aggrieved party.  To be honest we could have really stuck it to Camelot and most of the remaining alliances that didn't rage quit, but we offered white peace to all of them.   You really dont understand the bull we put up with for months, and how miserable it was.  Personally the only reason I didn't quit the game was because I am running Grumpy and I didn't want to abandon my members.  The fact that people still want a pound of flesh is completely understandable. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oogie Boogie said:

MISSSSS MEEEEE BABYYYY

I dunno if you been reading the same things I've been reading, but dat boi @Epi and a few of the frickers over there have continuously contradicted whatever the frick they wanna do over there at Camelot.

These frickers have continuously apologized too lmfao, so now it's a fool me once, shame on you type of deal and all that jazz

So extend a hand deez nuts. Imagine extending a hand and then continuing the bullshit that you are apologizing for. Lmfao da frick?

I was born at night, but not last night :D

As far as what Syndicate does, it will always do what has the best ROI for it and its allies. Again, our history shows this.

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Haha 3
Lxr4VfE.png

4 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

MISSSSS MEEEEE BABYYYY

I dunno if you been reading the same things I've been reading, but dat boi @Epi and a few of the frickers over there have continuously contradicted whatever the frick they wanna do over there at Camelot.

These frickers have continuously apologized too lmfao, so now it's a fool me once, shame on you type of deal and all that jazz

So extend a hand deez nuts. Imagine extending a hand and then continuing the bullshit that you are apologizing for. Lmfao da frick?

I was born at night, but not last night :D

As far as what Syndicate does, it will always do what has the best ROI for it and its allies. Again, our history shows this.

Like I said, I’m not questioning whether t$ rolling Camelot is or isn’t justifiable.  It’s not my place to do so.  I’m simply stating that to a casual observer it sure looks like Camelot is willing to talk things out rationally and peacefully, while it seems t$ won’t even come to the table and hear them out.  I’m just saying if I were your ally, and willing to put my members on the line for you guys, and I saw you basically baiting and taunting Camelot about how you can’t wait to destroy them, I’d be a little peeved. Regardless of what’s going on behind closed doors, what you say here for the entire world to see matters, because now if t$ decides to roll Camelot day one of the NAP expiring we can all publicly see your attitude and assume you guys never had any intention of trying to work things out peacefully.  Whether that’s true or not, or whether intense negotiations and talks are occurring, you’ve boxed them into a corner publicly where you’re opening yourselves up to that scrutiny.  I understand you’re not in government, but I’d like to think if I was on the public forums blustering and boasting about how my alliance can’t wait to start the next global war, someone would eventually put a muzzle on me simply because it’s a bad look. I wouldn’t want to make my allies sweat, make my alliance look like it doesn’t have control of its members, nor give people a reason to believe a false narrative about my actions.  I have no qualms with you individually or t$, I’m just saying people can see what you’re saying here and they’ll make judgements accordingly.

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg

Sounds like you accept this as a legit apology and indication they're willing to improve and not a knee jerk reaction to the amount of hate they took in the other thread.   

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

13 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Sounds like you accept this as a legit apology and indication they're willing to improve and not a knee jerk reaction to the amount of hate they took in the other thread.   

No.  I’m just saying as someone with no skin in the game, not knowing either of their intentions, publicly it appears Camelot is looking for a peaceful resolution while t$ seems hellbent on starting the next global war.  Whether Camelot is sincere or not remains to be seen, but if they aren’t sincere and their intention was to play the victim card to save themselves, t$ is playing right into their hands with all this taunting.  It’s just a statement on the public perception of what has transpired here, not a commentary of who I believe or like more.  

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg

41 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

Like I said, I’m not questioning whether t$ rolling Camelot is or isn’t justifiable.  It’s not my place to do so.  I’m simply stating that to a casual observer it sure looks like Camelot is willing to talk things out rationally and peacefully, while it seems t$ won’t even come to the table and hear them out.  I’m just saying if I were your ally, and willing to put my members on the line for you guys, and I saw you basically baiting and taunting Camelot about how you can’t wait to destroy them, I’d be a little peeved. Regardless of what’s going on behind closed doors, what you say here for the entire world to see matters, because now if t$ decides to roll Camelot day one of the NAP expiring we can all publicly see your attitude and assume you guys never had any intention of trying to work things out peacefully.  Whether that’s true or not, or whether intense negotiations and talks are occurring, you’ve boxed them into a corner publicly where you’re opening yourselves up to that scrutiny.  I understand you’re not in government, but I’d like to think if I was on the public forums blustering and boasting about how my alliance can’t wait to start the next global war, someone would eventually put a muzzle on me simply because it’s a bad look. I wouldn’t want to make my allies sweat, make my alliance look like it doesn’t have control of its members, nor give people a reason to believe a false narrative about my actions.  I have no qualms with you individually or t$, I’m just saying people can see what you’re saying here and they’ll make judgements accordingly.

First off, I refuse to be allied with people that think the same as you. Camelot was the one who initiated this flow playboi. They were the ones that were running around that wanted to keep this vibe going. They say one thing and their actions show another. So for all I care, let's dance ya feel? :D 

Imagine trying to be a moralistic alliance while baiting the world of Competence™ and then asking for an apology after a fricker like me called their bluff.

As far as working things out peacefully, motherfricker are you high? We were one of the authors of the fricking NAP da frick? No shit we wanted things to end peacefully.

Let's flip it around then: Man, if I was an ally of Error 404, I sure would be embarrassed right now since they have a fricker on the forums defending frickers that helped the people that wanted to run a boatload of the community out of the game.

Idiotic amirite? As far as control of members, da frick? They running NPO-Lite over there? Are you guys 100/100 too or just 50/50? I pity alliances like yours if you guys are a membership that completely relies on its government for its brain.

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Like 1
Lxr4VfE.png

6 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

You are confusing the feelings of t$' member base -feelings which considering what occurred are valid in the opinion of t$ government, and which therefore we don't care to muzzle- with official FA policy. I've broadcasted our official position the other day. It outlined our scepticism on the matter, but a cautious wilingness to talk and see how things go over time.

Our members are free to broadcast their feelings on the matter as frankly, it concerns them. @Eumirbago was kept at war for months on end, saw his old alliance (COS) disbanded in part due to attrition, and saw various friends quitting the game due to the toxicity levels reached during the war. To tell him to shut it because it's politically inconvenient would not sit well with me. His opinions reflect $yndicate sentiment (albeit perhaps a bite extreme :P), but not policy.

Fair enough.  I must have missed the official statement from you guys.  That’s definitely a rational approach to things.  

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg

38 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

I’m simply stating that to a casual observer it sure looks like Camelot is willing to talk things out rationally and peacefully, while it seems t$ won’t even come to the table and hear them out.

Unless you are a reroll, assuming you aren't aware of what went on during dialup. Basically the inverse of what you just described - IQ (incl. Camelot riding on their coattails) having no intentions of negotiating in good faith. So its interesting to see how the script changes now the tables have turned.

That said, however belated this is; at least its a mild improvement over certain alliances still engaging in the gaslighting and apparently incapable of admitting any sort of wrongdoing during dialup.

26 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

First off, I refuse to be allied with people that think the same as you. Camelot was the one who initiated this flow playboi. They were the ones that were running around that wanted to keep this vibe going. They say one thing and their actions show another. So for all I care, let's dance ya feel? :D 

Imagine trying to be a moralistic alliance while baiting the world of Competence™ and then asking for an apology after a fricker like me called their bluff.

As far as working things out peacefully, motherfricker are you high? We were one of the authors of the fricking NAP da frick? No shit we wanted things to end peacefully.

Let's flip it around then: Man, if I was an ally of Error 404, I sure would be embarrassed right now since they have a fricker on the forums defending frickers that helped the people that wanted to run a boatload of the community out of the game.

Idiotic amirite? As far as control of members, da frick? They running NPO-Lite over there? Are you guys 100/100 too or just 50/50? I pity alliances like yours if you guys are a membership that completely relies on its government for its brain.

To each their own, man.  Like I said, if you think they’re full of it then I think you’re doing a disservice by threatening and mocking them.  It’s only gaining them more sympathy.  And I think there’s a stark difference between giving your personal opinion on a matter and implying the actions of your entire alliance, especially when it’s implying starting a war.  If I was leading an alliance I wouldn’t want my members openly implying we were going to roll another alliance.  But what do I know?

10 minutes ago, Swedge said:

Unless you are a reroll, assuming you aren't aware of what went on during dialup. Basically the inverse of what you just described - IQ (incl. Camelot riding on their coattails) having no intentions of negotiating in good faith. So its interesting to see how the script changes now the tables have turned.

That said, however belated this is; at least its a mild improvement over certain alliances still engaging in the gaslighting and apparently incapable of admitting any sort of wrongdoing during dialup.

This is exactly my point.  I’m not a reroll, just a neutral observer.  I’m just giving my outside perspective from reading this thread.

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg

“I was a man of grace and polish
Who never spoke above a hush
Now all at once I'm using language 
That would make a sailor blush.”

Shallow apologies don’t cut it for the victims of an in-game genocide (and let’s face it, what low IQ tried to do was an in-game genocide, i.e. complete eradication of people from the game). The (low) IQ got off TOO EASY. And now they’re complaining that people are mean to them. Well, maybe then they want a taste of their medicine?

I am a victim of (low) IQ brutality. I very nearly quit. For several months, there was absolutely no purpose to playing to this game, because nothing was happening at all besides low IQ toxicity. 

THUS, this ordinary victim of (low) IQ brutality needs to see more than just some pretty words given by Cameltoe's irrelevant FA bot. After all, when so many people are on the verge of quitting because of the war, you can’t just say “sorry, won’t happen again.” You need actions to confirm that you’ve changed. And clearly, Cameltoe hasn’t changed.

Cameltoe, you want your victims to forgive you, then do something about it, rather than complain about others. Rather than have FA-bot Arthur make smug apologies while @Epi keeps justifying (low) IQ and its shittiness, maybe change up your government? 

What you do and how you it is your choice. Just remember that there each choice brings great consequences. 

Maybe one day we will have a game free of manwha smuggling, nation-farming, force-deleting, fish-smelling nastiness. Maybe one day...  

Edited by Klemens Hawicki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

To each their own, man.  Like I said, if you think they’re full of it then I think you’re doing a disservice by threatening and mocking them.  It’s only gaining them more sympathy.  And I think there’s a stark difference between giving your personal opinion on a matter and implying the actions of your entire alliance, especially when it’s implying starting a war.  If I was leading an alliance I wouldn’t want my members openly implying we were going to roll another alliance.  But what do I know?

This is exactly my point.  I’m not a reroll, just a neutral observer.  I’m just giving my outside perspective from reading this thread.

Shoot, the more the merrier habibi :D

If there are people out there that want to sympathize with their stupidity, by all means they should all huddle up and sign that treaty so everyone knows that it's fo real

Shit, we're one of the beacons of Competence™ in Orbis. Of course I want to frickin let them know that their cheeks are gonna get frickin clapped lmfao. It's my duty as man of good virtue/morals/ethics/etc

I don't want them to just roll over and die. I want them to have a chance to prepare for a 4-6 week war. A chance that they weren't willing to extend to us with a war that had the intent of driving us out of the game :)

Lxr4VfE.png

19 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Shoot, the more the merrier habibi :D

If there are people out there that want to sympathize with their stupidity, by all means they should all huddle up and sign that treaty so everyone knows that it's fo real

Shit, we're one of the beacons of Competence™ in Orbis. Of course I want to frickin let them know that their cheeks are gonna get frickin clapped lmfao. It's my duty as man of good virtue/morals/ethics/etc

I don't want them to just roll over and die. I want them to have a chance to prepare for a 4-6 week war. A chance that they weren't willing to extend to us with a war that had the intent of driving us out of the game :)

Eumir you were a tax farm and then deleted before the war started. So idk who sent you to troll but I for sure know you arent crying here about CoS. If you are concerned on my behalf though then I really appreciate that but I feel fine now that I can grow my cities again and rebuild my warchest. Maybe if you are really aggrieved you can go nag the people that took reps from CoS for their surrender. 

• Upvote 2

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

26 minutes ago, Oogie Boogie said:

And my point is context is important: if you look at this in isolation your PoV makes sense.

But if you look at this in the context of dialup: its understandable why t$ has grievances / feels this apology is somewhat insincere.

• Upvote 1