[Announcement] Moving Forward

King Arthur

15 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

What achievements? Proud of what? You side was funded with cheated-in resources, with the goal of preventing hundreds of people from being able to play the game ever again in any form that didn't include being sat on with 0 infra while blockaded. This is just arrogant. 

You have no idea what you're talking about. Our side tried to surrender multiple times, but the process was made intentionally as difficult as possible at every possible step. The terms for surrender wasn't just reps either. The terms were massive and spanned several dimensions, with many alliances having specific terms set upon them. They were entirely unreasonable.

You should consider deleting your forum account.

Says the guy who continued hitting us even after the war ended. KT and you especially are not who anyone should look to for moral guidance. Also, you do realize Dryad is part of your alliance too right? Members of Camelot can have differing opinions just like your alliance does.

Edited by Avatar Patrick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Going forward if you’re making a post apologizing for something maybe tell your former and current members to shut the frick up and not respond to this thread

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Says the guy who continued hitting us even after the war ended. KT and you especially are not who anyone should look to for moral guidance. Also, you do realize Dryad is part of your alliance too right? Members of Camelot can have differing opinions just like your alliance does.

Says the guy who violated a NAP your leader specifically "begged" for. While you think this post is going to improve PR, it will, provided the members go about doing the things this post states. Else, it will just be a show of how disorganized and damaged the internal structures of the alliance are

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Nah, don't get me wrong buddy. I said 2 things really:

1. That I don't think Arthur himself really wanted to eradicate anyone, which is not anywhere as bad as people like Leo, but that there is undeniably some fault there.

2. That I'm generally okay with someone playing to win a game, however they like to set their goal.

The later does not mean I'm okay with people cheating or the level of toxicity that came along with the war. The peace terms and process were both undeniably ridiculous and I'm not gonna tell anyone they should have just accepted it. As for Camelot though I think that the grudges are channeled towards them in unreasonable amounts when really those who should receive them have already left the game.

• Upvote 6

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 hour ago, Avatar Patrick said:

You addressed nothing I said. Instead, you deflect. "B-but y-you guys are b-bad too! KT man bad!"

KT turned into a raiding alliance when Horse took over. We hit everyone (including current allies). I don't know why you're bringing up Dryad; I'm not wrong just because we're not a hivemind. Camelot members can have differing opinions, yes, but this thread is Camelot's leader apologizing for the past wrongdoing of himself and his entire alliance. Do you think he's wrong for having done so?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

11 hours ago, King Arthur said:

I don't think this has really been stated publicly yet, but we feel that as an alliance, it’s about  time we came forward with this. This is going to be a rather long post, apologies ahead of time. 

Camelot has never held a reputation to be “jealous” of; we’ve been known to be one of the more “immature” alliances. Camelot was started from the ground up, by members that much of the game already disliked or shunned. Over time, we grew a niche under BK/IQ where we would essentially attack who they asked, but we also attacked on our own whims. BK protected us and as long as we did what they asked we had significant free reign, with negligible consequences.

In GW14 we helped IQ initially, backed their storyline and defended them. They were our allies, and quite frankly, our only means of survival at that point in time. 

As the leader of Camelot, I feel it is time to apologize sincerely for the actions that I, my government, and any of my members took. Looking back, we should have recognized the red flags and taken a more stoic stance on ending the war earlier. For not doing that, and contributing to the irreparable harm that carrying on has caused many alliances and the community, I am truly sorry. PnW lost a lot of amazing people. The game lost a  significant amount of players, but most importantly, community members. To those who have turned away from the game with no chance of return due to our actions, I apologize deeply. 

To the alliances that we had forced to fight for almost a year straight, I truly wish we could have ended that war earlier. However, I have the utmost respect for those who were able to keep their communities strong and stable throughout that. We owe the survival of this game and community to people like you and your members. To the alliances like North Point, who we screwed over and plotted against, I hope we can make it up to you and move forward. To those we are working with and have given us a second chance, I can’t find a way to put how grateful I am into words. 

When IQ left, they asked us to leave the game with them, but we refused. We did not expect at any point that our actions would ever be forgotten. Or that they would be forgiven overnight, instead we began changing our focus internally. We hope that if we can change ourselves for the better, everyone would recognize our effort and over time, we could heal the wounds created by our actions and forge a brighter path in the future. 

So once again I, and the entirety of Camelot, am truly sorry for those our actions have affected.

Props to you for making this, nevertheless, there will still be people who are most likely going to hate you guys and there are also others who are going to jump on the bandwagon of hatred against you guys simply because they are sheeps that dont have the balls of having their own opinion. I myself am neutral and I believe this is a good first step for you guys, however, if anyone is going to get rolled after the NAP ends its most likely going to be you guys and I think we all know why, just depends on how you guys would take it. Anyways, good job on apologizing. It takes alot of balls to do that. 

pepe hug.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dryad said:

As for Camelot though I think that the grudges are channeled towards them in unreasonable amounts

0GnFZz4.png

there is a reason for this beyond recent events....

13 hours ago, Broke said:

gib free fud

i considered sending u 1 food for the memes but then i saw ur build and realized it would be wasted

rawr

allllso.... seeing as mythic started as a raiding arm of camelot i recommend people take certain raiders comments with many grains of salt

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

allllso.... seeing as mythic started as a raiding arm of camelot i recommend people take certain raiders comments with many grains of salt

Lol. This continues to be brought up, but contrary to popular opinion we haven't been subordinates of camelot since the moment we left them and as you can see now, no Mythic members have actually returned to Camelot. If I end up on opposing sides to Camelot in a future war I will roll them without mercy. But you are correct that I have gotten to know those who have been around during my time there and that I got to know Arthur as someone that I find to be quite nice :) So there is a bias there, but I generally try to stay objective and trust me, I know him better than you do.

• Like 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

On 5/28/2020 at 5:31 AM, Dryad said:

Lol. This continues to be brought up, but contrary to popular opinion we haven't been subordinates of camelot since the moment we left them and as you can see now, no Mythic members have actually returned to Camelot. If I end up on opposing sides to Camelot in a future war I will roll them without mercy. But you are correct that I have gotten to know those who have been around during my time there and that I got to know Arthur as someone that I find to be quite nice :) So there is a bias there, but I generally try to stay objective and trust me, I know him better than you do.

ill amend my claim to pseudo-raiding arm of camelot if you like but thats all you will get due to the multitude of coordinated  hits performed with camelot or around early on

no one is doubting raiders capabilities and willingness to roll people 🙄

and arthur can be as the nicest person on earth and it wouldnt matter in this context due to what behavior they have tolerated for years from their "subordinate"(s)

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr

16 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

ill amend my claim to pseudo-raiding arm of camelot if you like but thats all you will get due to the multitude of coordinated  hits performed with camelot or around early on

Idk rawr, that arm thing just screams "subordinate" to me. Can we change that? It's also not true, Vein was bossing Camelot around if anything. Look, how about "Mythic the alliance with a core of ex-Cam High-Gov that enjoyed kicking ass and thus coordinated hits with actually not only Cam but also the rest of IQ in exchange for fat mercenary cash that enabled one of them to go up to even city 37"? I think that's much better.

no one is doubting raiders capabilities and willingness to roll people 🙄

Maybe, but your point was that we like Camelot too much to see them get hurt.

and arthur can be as the nicest person on earth and it wouldnt matter in this context due to what behavior they have tolerated for years "subordinate"(s)

rawr

It kinda does since people think Arthur may turn out to be Leo 2.0 and wants to repeat the whole thing or something.

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

1 hour ago, James II said:

Who would have thought an apology thread would turn into such a troll fest. There's a lot of growing up needed throughout Orbis.

If the growing up needed hasn't been done in the last 4 years, I don't think it will if given another 4.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Asierith said:

This was something that extended to the peace negotiations. Despite various claims w.r.t a deescalation of the war in this thread and across others, you supported  the ridiculous peace terms of others and even proposed some of your won. You can hardly describe the attempt to force a flag change to this, for 9 months, as an action of an alliance interested in a fair or easy peace:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_1.gif

You loved the impunity granted to you by NPO and BK and you used it to do this sort of thing. Whilst people can forgive you if they wish, don't try and gaslight the game into believing this whitewashed version of events

Oh God why did you have to include my flag too. Full disclaimer: I am not an artist. On a serious note, if that's the type of peace term you're complaining about, idk what to say. It's a meme dude. As for the reps, if it truly was an unreasonable amount then I apologize. 99% of us weren't part of the peace discussions and even fewer knew about the cheating. We shouldn't have to apologize for causing billions in net damage or zeroing your armies however. Personally I prefer apolitical meme wars anyway since I too hit pretty much everyone at this point.

P.S. You suck Azazel. Thanks for liberating us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

snip

Sorry for the late reply, got informed ill be returning to work next week so had to get everything arranged. 

I appreciate the canned response from you and T$,  our relationship has certainly been strained since even before the war, mostly in-part due to our actions. Myself or Arthur will reach out soon so we can begin discussing these issues and hopefully begin the process of moving forward. In addition we have spoken to Epi again regarding the way he presents himself and the alliance's opinion of the events that have happened and moving forward we believe there will be no more confusion that we do not support the negative actions of IQ. 

Looking forward to talking to you soon

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

22 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Sorry for the late reply, got informed ill be returning to work next week so had to get everything arranged. 

I appreciate the canned response from you and T$,  our relationship has certainly been strained since even before the war, mostly in-part due to our actions. Myself or Arthur will reach out soon so we can begin discussing these issues and hopefully begin the process of moving forward. In addition we have spoken to Epi again regarding the way he presents himself and the alliance's opinion of the events that have happened and moving forward we believe there will be no more confusion that we do not support the negative actions of IQ. 

Looking forward to talking to you soon

Pheew! That pong is getting even stronger. Didn’t know that Cameltoe could be so fishy! But I guess when you don’t change clothes, smells stick around.

What was I talking about? Ah, yes!

9a302c074ac0391868715fe3098e7a8d.jpeg

That’s all.

28 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

On a serious note, if that's the type of peace term you're complaining about, idk what to say. It's a meme dude.

I'm going to highlight the frankly absurd duration of this particular term, then file it with the series of actions of Camelot that serve to show how you took full advantage of the opportunity to humiliate people in Coalition A granted to you by BK and NPO - things that fly in opposition to the whitewashed narrative of an unwilling party caught up in the larger IQ ambitions being pushed by some

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

3 minutes ago, Asierith said:

I'm going to highlight the frankly absurd duration of this particular term, then file it with the series of actions of Camelot that serve to show how you took full advantage of the opportunity to humiliate people in Coalition A granted to you by BK and NPO - things that fly in opposition to the whitewashed narrative of an unwilling party caught up in the larger IQ ambitions being pushed by some

That guy you are replying to is a former member but regardless he is a great case study for the persisting narrative within IQ about how they wanted to use meme terms as a sense of victory over opposition. Even during ayyslamic crusade during negotiations they suggested meme terms with extensive duration to signify some sort of twisted sense of accomplishment. But the membership has no clue about this train of thought cause they got no idea what the back channel toxicity was and the persistence by certain individuals in imposing terms on an unwilling party. The simple fact of the matter is if someone is willing to surrender and follow a meme term then that's as simple as just surrender but if there is resistance to follow the meme surrender term then it's nothing different than asking for monetary reparations or forcing things on that alliance that they could have a variety of reasons not to accept. And I am pretty certain camelot government is aware of this distinction now as I have expressed your viewpoint to them before. 

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

30 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Don't worry friend, I don't believe anyone here is so unreasonable as to ask you to apologise for something you never did.

If npowned was still up I could show you that 4/5 of the top net damage dealt in cam was approaching 1 bil and was dealt by former members of cam. 3/5 are now proud members of The Roxchean Confederations. Shot outs to Messi, 7, Blackbird, and Aliyan. You guys rock.

1 hour ago, Abbas Mehdi said:

That guy you are replying to is a former member but regardless he is a great case study for the persisting narrative within IQ about how they wanted to use meme terms as a sense of victory over opposition. Even during ayyslamic crusade during negotiations they suggested meme terms with extensive duration to signify some sort of twisted sense of accomplishment. But the membership has no clue about this train of thought cause they got no idea what the back channel toxicity was and the persistence by certain individuals in imposing terms on an unwilling party. The simple fact of the matter is if someone is willing to surrender and follow a meme term then that's as simple as just surrender but if there is resistance to follow the meme surrender term then it's nothing different than asking for monetary reparations or forcing things on that alliance that they could have a variety of reasons not to accept. And I am pretty certain camelot government is aware of this distinction now as I have expressed your viewpoint to them before. 

Are you trying to tell me that the community is made up of babies who can't take a joke and fly a poop flag or whatever? If I was in your shoes and I lost fair and square (yes I know that's not the case here because of cheating) then I would play along and have a good laugh while preparing for the next war or raiding. Yes it sucks to lose. I've lost plenty of times. But this is a game and the memes were just for a laugh and had no bearing on your ability to rebuild, push your narrative or recruit new members. If somebody asked, you tell them it's a joke and we don't take ourselves too seriously. That's the type of culture that I feel has been lost.

Edited by Avatar Patrick
  • Like 1

Just now, Avatar Patrick said:

If npowned was still up I could show you that 4/5 of the top net damage dealt in cam was approaching 1 bil and was dealt by former members of cam. 3/5 are now proud members of The Roxchean Confederations. Sadly only 1 of the top 5 is still currently a member.

"4/5 approaching 1b" and having only one member in your actual aa is a stark difference from "causing billions in net damage" and "zeroing". Don't double down on me now :P 

You seem rather eager to apologise here, but if you insist...