Are we willing to forgive?

Kastor

Read my post, then vote. It is a short post.  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Read my post, then vote. It is a short post.

• Yes, it’s over gg
    • No, they are implicit.

16 minutes ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

I never said that😛😜 

I just do not like bullying/harrassment.  If its like Hassan, Shifty, Boris, AntMan, or Corpsman trolling & salting people, I got popcorn & the chair

To clarify: The difference between “bullying” and “trolling” relies on the content-producer’s name? So if you aren’t one of the individuals that you listed, then you are unable to point out other’s faults?

That’s an interesting take.

• Haha 6

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

16 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Nah habibi, until the parties that need to be rolled are rolled, people should not forgive. After they have been rolled for their sins and their endurance has been tested, it's all good they should be forgiven. It is the way of Orbis. It's only gonna be 4-6 weeks so they don't have to worry 😄

But I think everyone should be rolled? Bit of a conundrum I think :P

Untitled.png

What does forgiveness mean? Forgiveness is just letting go of the anger that you hold towards people in this community who have wronged you. Nobody is asking nor is anybody expecting all of these relationships to go back to what they were before the war, and I don’t think they should. But, as a community part of moving forward is recognizing how we were wronged and then changing our behavior in the future to make sure that the same mistakes are not made again.

The predominant figures who orchestrated the last war have mostly left the game and I think this anger we hold towards those who have remained needs to be put into perspective. My only concern is that we take out this anger that we’ve pent up during this NAP and unleash it onto the wrong people/alliances or we are too punitive and harsh towards those who were responsible.

At the end of the day, the claims of moral superiority (some of it “””true”””) and moral grandstanding (all of it bad) from certain individuals and alliances last war has put a lot of expectations to treat and engage enemies in the fashion they claimed they would last war and it will be interesting to see what it happens. My only fear is that it will end up turning into a witch hunt, some of which has already started happening and won’t stop until members of the wronged alliances are satiated.

Edited by lana
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lana said:

What does forgiveness mean? Forgiveness is just letting go of the anger that you hold towards people in this community who have wronged you. Nobody is asking nor is anybody expecting all of these relationships to go back to what they were before the war, and I don’t think they should. But, as a community part of moving forward is recognizing how we were wronged and then changing our behavior in the future to make sure that the same mistakes are not made again.

The predominant figures who orchestrated the last war have mostly left the game and I think this anger we hold towards those who have remained needs to be put into perspective. My only concern is that we take out this anger that we’ve pent up during this NAP and unleash it onto the wrong people/alliances or we are too punitive and harsh towards those who were responsible.

At the end of the day, the claims of moral superiority (some of it “””true”””) and moral grandstanding (all of it bad) from certain individuals and alliances last war has put a lot of expectations to treat and engage enemies in the fashion they claimed they would last war and it will be interesting to see what it happens. My only fear is that it will end up turning into a witch hunt, some of which has already started happening and won’t stop until members of the wronged alliances are satiated.

You won't find me (or most of t$) in disagreement with your point. WIth that said, the extremities you seem to allude to have no transpired, and I very much doubt they wil. The $yndicate has honored and will honor the NAP. Post-NAP, and even if for any reason t$ finds itself at war, it has no intention or desire to ever try to inch near the type of behavior displayed last war by the Inquisition.

The gripes you see vocalized on the forums are reactionary in nature; they come at the heel of statements made which brush events which occurred to the side. t$ is willing to eventually forgive, but not forget. For us to do so in time, that requires some degree/measure of contrition however. Camelot's post was a first step, but it will take more dialogue and time. I stated this in my initial statement, and yes, camelot has been in touch in private.

Aeros post contrasted with what logs we received, and so that contradiction caused backlash.

As a counterpoint/example, i'd point you to Acadia. They were equally involved in last war's shenanigans yet seem to be left to their own. I can't speak for other alliances, but from Syndicate's POV, that's because they handled the fallout better. The first thing Acadia's new government did was approach us to talk. Acadia, since the war, hasn't done controversial stuff, hasn't tried to defend or whitewash IQ actions or tried to downplay its role. They've used proper channels to ensure peace, and have focused on their community since. Consequently, t$ does not bother them.

I don't think it is a witch hunt you have to fear. But given the circumstances, events and individuals involved last war, it's natural that there's going to be a few afterquakes on the forums. The NAP exists in part to let things simmer down without risk of immediate escalation ;).

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, Thorkell Hardrada said:

But I think everyone should be rolled? Bit of a conundrum I think :P

Lmfao, I mean, technically we got rolled even though we won all those wars earlier on haha

The major alliances in The Sphere were all taking turns taking the L so that the other alliances would be able to move around and MacArthur them

Lxr4VfE.png

On 5/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Abbas Mehdi said:

I am aware of goons attempt to get tkr and chaos sphere out of the war but we all know that attempt was not sincere when goons was making blocs within blocs and negotiating those surrenders.

Hello, ghost of Goonmas past here. Just wanted to clear some stuff up. Ignore it if you want, but note that I've long since checked out of the game and have no allegiances or politics to push.

First up, it was very much sincere, and happened long before any "blocs within blocs" came about. We got along quite well with TKR and many of the other Chaos alliances. We wanted them out of the war and would have been very open to working on a "sphere" with them post war. We ultimately worked it out with the coalition that we could extend an offer of white peace to Chaos, but they refused to peace without KETOG.

This was not a deal breaker, we didn't really care for many of the KETOG alliances, particularly considering TGH were the reason we ended up in the war in the first place, but whatever, fight to the end. The real final nail in the coffin was the two-facedness, namely when you have an alliance such as TKR playing the BFF role in private, and then posting on the forums that the GOON Boogeyman wanted to drive them from the game, while an offer of white peace was on the table the entire time.

So yes, when all your options are either alliances you despise, or two faced manipulators, you get "blocs within blocs" with NPO. Keep in mind, we had no strong ties to NPO from the outset. We started out with a protectorate from them because we were familiar with Roquentin from back in the CN days. We had no interest in the war until we ended up dragged by TGH, and we had no grudges or dislikes of any alliances outside of those who were ideology opposed to us. We could have went in any direction post war, but everyone was nice enough to shoehorn us into a role, so naturally we embraced it and bonded with what would become the OD sphere.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, Azazel said:

In fact it was common knowledge that goons wanted to roll Camelot but BK was stopping them. 

Nope. We just didn't like Epi very much. Arthur and the rest were cool, and we honestly had bigger and better fish to fry than gunning for Camelot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Salt Meat said:

Hello, ghost of Goonmas past here. Just wanted to clear some stuff up. Ignore it if you want, but note that I've long since checked out of the game and have no allegiances or politics to push.

First up, it was very much sincere, and happened long before any "blocs within blocs" came about. We got along quite well with TKR and many of the other Chaos alliances. We wanted them out of the war and would have been very open to working on a "sphere" with them post war. We ultimately worked it out with the coalition that we could extend an offer of white peace to Chaos, but they refused to peace without KETOG.

This was not a deal breaker, we didn't really care for many of the KETOG alliances, particularly considering TGH were the reason we ended up in the war in the first place, but whatever, fight to the end. The real final nail in the coffin was the two-facedness, namely when you have an alliance such as TKR playing the BFF role in private, and then posting on the forums that the GOON Boogeyman wanted to drive them from the game, while an offer of white peace was on the table the entire time.

So yes, when all your options are either alliances you despise, or two faced manipulators, you get "blocs within blocs" with NPO. Keep in mind, we had no strong ties to NPO from the outset. We started out with a protectorate from them because we were familiar with Roquentin from back in the CN days. We had no interest in the war until we ended up dragged by TGH, and we had no grudges or dislikes of any alliances outside of those who were ideology opposed to us. We could have went in any direction post war, but everyone was nice enough to shoehorn us into a role, so naturally we embraced it and bonded with what would become the OD sphere.

Nope. We just didn't like Epi very much. Arthur and the rest were cool, and we honestly had bigger and better fish to fry than gunning for Camelot.

Hello ghost of goonmas, I just want to clear something up.

Start here, read all of Jazz' breakdown.

Rhetoric shifts of TKR started with jazz breaking down because TKR aligned somewhere he did not like.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

10 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Nah B, don't @Epi @Aero me, speak yo mind playboi 😄

lol this is but a game yes I'm one of those people.  Some think in the right circumstances it takes more conviction and strength of character to walk away from a contentious issue rather than to react.  Here this is not the case for me though, it is generally quite a relief to just walk away from some imagined pixel based pretend online game conflict involving no-one I know IRL.  I couldn't care less about the heart-rending, teeth-grinding, head-banging, frothing-at-the-mouth, aneurysm-rupturing rage some over-nourished unwashed no-life, who resides in some god-forsaken corner of our expiring globe in his mother's basement, has in response to one of Epi's comments.  May these poor souls carry this burden alone!

Have a great day my friend ☺️

Celer Et Audax

2 hours ago, Salt Meat said:

First up, it was very much sincere, and happened long before any "blocs within blocs" came about.

False. If you're going to try and smear our name, at least get your central tenet and timeline right.

Edited by Adrienne
  • Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

I wonder if there could have been any ulterior motives when a coalition tries to fracture and cause division in their opposing coalition. No it must be TKR was bad for not accepting it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

16 minutes ago, Smith said:

I wonder if there could have been any ulterior motives when a coalition tries to fracture and cause division in their opposing coalition. No it must be TKR was bad for not accepting it

TKR man bad. We all know it.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

54 minutes ago, Etatsorp said:

lol this is but a game yes I'm one of those people.  Some think in the right circumstances it takes more conviction and strength of character to walk away from a contentious issue rather than to react.  Here this is not the case for me though, it is generally quite a relief to just walk away from some imagined pixel based pretend online game conflict involving no-one I know IRL.  I couldn't care less about the heart-rending, teeth-grinding, head-banging, frothing-at-the-mouth, aneurysm-rupturing rage some over-nourished unwashed no-life, who resides in some god-forsaken corner of our expiring globe in his mother's basement, has in response to one of Epi's comments.  May these poor souls carry this burden alone!

Have a great day my friend ☺️

Well yeah, I hope no one spends too much time on these games that they don't have time to care for themselves lmfao

I guess yeah, I'm happy for you? Lmfao that's what I hope for all the players in this game lol. They get entertainment, then walk away after indulging in it for however long they wanna put in it lmfao.

As far as shitposting goes, I'm sorry you attribute it to people's real lives? I guess the people that actually take the effort in this game are actually 800 pounds and live in the ghetto amirite? Can't imagine for other players if my playstyle already means I'm already frothing in the mouth waiting for Epi's post living in a basement lmfao.

Sorry, but just like you, I don't feel like spending hours on this game. I'm more of a ctrl f, ctrl c, ctrl v type of player.

Aka Yes, it is just a game get over yourself lmfao

Edited by Eumirbago
Lxr4VfE.png

20 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

To clarify: The difference between “bullying” and “trolling” relies on the content-producer’s name? So if you aren’t one of the individuals that you listed, then you are unable to point out other’s faults?

Why would I need a chair & popcorn when I am on the stage.  It was it supposed to be implied. I was also was voted more saltier than Aku On the other question, none of you have never truly asked or wanted me to go into depth. 

19 hours ago, Changeup said:

@Firwof Kromwell Since u so bigbrainer then Cotl and Akurto pls join VC with me and screen share u doing IQ test to prove ur smarts

If you pay attention to status updates & clubs I am in, then you would know I openly revealed that I have been in a motel for the past few months w/ my parents, lil bro, & our dog. You would also know that my dad took away both my phones cus they had Discord on it (He doesnt like the idea of NSFW & what can be posted) as well as the Chromebook that I am on has a software called GoGuardian( A program that helps schools manage devices, understand students, and keep them safe).

FB would be a great way to to so thou. For now I will just post the image below (w/o any filters, photoshop, etc).

1042714528_Screenshot2020-04-13at12_22_00PM.png.516bb943ea83566f6b6e4f32b576218a.png

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

1 hour ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

You would also know that my dad took away both my phones cus they had Discord on it

Your Dad took away your phone..for the past few months? How old are you lmao

1 hour ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

FB would be a great way to to so thou. For now I will just post the image below (w/o any filters, photoshop, etc).

1042714528_Screenshot2020-04-13at12_22_00PM.png.516bb943ea83566f6b6e4f32b576218a.png

I did the same IQ test, literally clicked a random answer each time, and got a 122.

• Haha 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

8 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Your Dad took away your phone..for the past few months? How old are you lmao

I did the same IQ test, literally clicked a random answer each time, and got a 122.

1. 17 (My dad is loco in the head & only he does not see it)

2.Haha😜!  I have taken others test & I got average between 127-147.  I usually get 134 on tests like the one that pic is from.

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
Corspman Luvs Grammar

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

4 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Well that explains a lot

Like father like son as much as I dont care for is attitude. He has told he he doesnt get along w/ those who are a lot like him which would explain why me & him butt heads. Most of my family expcet my dadś side agree w/ me more than him thou.

Edited by Firwof Kromwell
Ill be 18 after July ends

2 hours ago, Firwof Kromwell said:

-snip-

This ranks up there with Elijah's "My wife went into labour as soon as you attacked her nation bro. I'm logging in to VM her" for stupidest attempt to coverup multis in game history.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, durmij said:

This ranks up there with Elijah's "My wife went into labour as soon as you attacked her nation bro. I'm logging in to VM her" for stupidest attempt to coverup multis in game history.

Read these 1st

https://pin.it/6xNcLI8

https://pin.it/6f61Uwk

https://pin.it/ErKGZWW

Now understand I only post my irl shit cus IDC what one judges/assumes me as. I know who I am better than anyone else plus my fam & friends I am closest to understand how to deal w/ me most of the time. Life can get heated & spiral in the unexpected. We must learn/cope to those & use them to fuel ourselves. Sometimes even that fuel cna lead to good &/or bad outcomes. It just depends. Its my life not yours. That is Elis life not yours. 

I'm being absolutely sincere when I ask this. I wasn't around during the war. I've gathered from reading history that it dragged on way too long and the cheating side was particularly brutal in both their terms of surrender and their tactics in battle.  After the ban hammer came down, and the tides turned, why did you not only offer peace, but write the agreement, if you weren't satisfied with the terms?  I understand lasting resentment and justified sour grapes for what transpired, but I don't understand how people agreed to peace and we're still talking about another potential war for the same conflict. What was the point of peace?  A halftime agreement? If you weren't done with Cam then, I'm trying to wrap my head around why you offered peace in the first place. It just seems like reneging to me I guess. Once again, I understand that members have the right to be upset and it's mostly them threatening people, but if you hated Epi so much, why didn't you address it in the peace agreement to deal with him?  It seems like you offered peace and now, after the fact, you're making new demands that weren't agreed to initially.  I don't know.  Like I said, I wasn't around. Maybe if I had been a victim I'd feel differently.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Boogie Sig Resized.jpg