immediately revert military score changes

Raphael

For now, while fixes or tweaks are looked at, can we please band-aid the problem by reverting military score to its pre-update levels?

My nation with 0 planes, tanks, or ships is permanently in range of people with 25k tanks, 2000 planes, and 250+ ships.

As long as this particular piece of the update stands uncorrected, this is devastating to anyone at war. @Alex please consider an immediate band-aid update to give military its score value back.

• Upvote 6

Don't quote me on this, but I think the goal was so that raiders wouldn't have an advantage against a pixel hugger with high infra. But the end result is unbalanced for conventional war. If the goal is to nerf raiding, only the infra score should be changed, not cities and military. 

Though my preference is that raiding didn't need to be nerfed. 

Edit: What might be more balanced is determining score by rebuy + active military. So active military might count for e.g. 60% of military score, and the potential units from a double rebuy counts for 40%.

Edited by Borg

13 minutes ago, Borg said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think the goal was so that raiders wouldn't have an advantage against a pixel hugger with high infra. But the end result is unbalanced for conventional war. If the goal is to nerf raiding, only the infra score should be changed, not cities and military. 

Though my preference is that raiding didn't need to be nerfed. 

Edit: What might be more balanced is determining score by rebuy + active military. So active military might count for e.g. 60% of military score, and the potential units from a double rebuy counts for 40%.

The goal was to prevent whales doing ridiculous downdeclares like we saw in GW 14 after they were taken down.

Personally I was more concerned with max plane c20s being able to triple slot my 12 city members who subsequently had zero chance.

Alex has effectively deleted downdeclares as a thing if any significance. However updeclares are ridiculous now. After seeing some wars going on, particularly one case in an upper tier raid where a defender with 500 less aircraft and GC constantly being scored against him, constantly scored 80-100 more air to air kills against his opponent, even though his battles were utter failures. 

Not only are city 15s capable of attacking me, but with nonsense like that, 3 of them could potentially take me down, or even if not, slowly chip my air down faster than I can rebuild, meaning the second wave of c15s starting with max air will either finish me leave me barely standing.

I don't think I need to explain why that's nonsensical. Alex's attempt to lock the tiers in against each other has backfired hilariously hard in his face. 

I'm very happy NPO and friends left now. This update would've been such a ludicrous buff to extreme alliance tiering like that, that opposition would've been largely a joke for show.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Akuryo said:

The goal was to prevent whales doing ridiculous downdeclares like we saw in GW 14 after they were taken down.

Personally I was more concerned with max plane c20s being able to triple slot my 12 city members who subsequently had zero chance.

Alex has effectively deleted downdeclares as a thing if any significance. However updeclares are ridiculous now. After seeing some wars going on, particularly one case in an upper tier raid where a defender with 500 less aircraft and GC constantly being scored against him, constantly scored 80-100 more air to air kills against his opponent, even though his battles were utter failures. 

Not only are city 15s capable of attacking me, but with nonsense like that, 3 of them could potentially take me down, or even if not, slowly chip my air down faster than I can rebuild, meaning the second wave of c15s starting with max air will either finish me leave me barely standing.

I don't think I need to explain why that's nonsensical. Alex's attempt to lock the tiers in against each other has backfired hilariously hard in his face. 

I'm very happy NPO and friends left now. This update would've been such a ludicrous buff to extreme alliance tiering like that, that opposition would've been largely a joke for show.

imagine the previous global war where every NPO nation had 20k tanks, max soldiers, max airforce, max navy, and was still only 1400 score. lmao.

I agree with this thread
A zeroed c10 is in no way as powerful as a fully militarized c10 or even c11 in some cases. The previous scores were actually good because they would let you declare on a nation depending on your "daily buy" or "double buy" capabilities.
This means, a zeroed c10 which can buy the same military as a c2 in one buy or a c4 in a double buy was matched up against a fully militarized c6 or c7

The extreme downdeclares we saw last global were still not extreme enough

A c30 can buy the same military as a c12 in a double buy and pitching him against a c15 at full military is still giving the c30 a disadvantage of 3 cities.

• Upvote 2