50 day bonus.

Prefontaine

New Nation Bonus  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should players receive a new player bonus to Tax Revenue and Raw resource production for 50 days

• No.
    • Yes, 100% and then reduce by 2% for each day old the nation is until the bonus is 0.
    • Yes, for the first 25 days the nation receives a 100% bonus that reduces to 50% for the second 25 days.
    • Yes, for the first 50 days a nation receives a 100% bonus.

Concept is simple. First 50 days players receive a % bonus on all raw resources mined and National tax revenue. Should the % tick down every day, be 100% half the time 50% the other half, or 100% the whole way through. Or nothing at all.

These bonuses apply only to raw production (not refined) and national tax revenue Seen here.

Edit: And to be clear this is only for new nations. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

This suggestion just encourages inactivity and farming. So when a war starts a mass exodus happens because the new players don't want their stuff destroyed. This how pixel huggers are created.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Changeup said:

Ooh fun, another thing to encourage the end of new player raiding

Not at all, if anything it will encourage it. Nations will have more loot on hand. 

1 hour ago, Deulos said:

This suggestion just encourages inactivity and farming. So when a war starts a mass exodus happens because the new players don't want their stuff destroyed. This how pixel huggers are created.

It's 50 days. If anything it might keep some people around a little longer as it gives them more money/resources to play with for the first month and a half. And as I said above it'll encourage raiding as if you're just sitting there producing, you'll get hit. And if people were gonna quit because they got hit they were gonna quit with or without the bonus. Your concerns about this are therefore irrelevant.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Why not just start out new nations with more mines or factories or cities? Hell give them 3 (?) cities to start with different specializations. So one for farms, one with factories, and one with mines. Maybe one with commerce. It may annoy more alliance trainers who have to hear "but I want to farm in my cities" but alliances have to train the bad habits out of dumb new players anyway. By giving a new nation a "taste" of each type, they have more things to play with, and have in their nations to control, more options. If you made it really advanced, and used different power plants in each city, and then included that in the tutorial (that people can skip, but mention it in the full tutorial) it would be even better at making sure new players actually have to interact with different aspects of the game. Interacting with something will teach someone (or at least make them aware of it) almost infinitely more likely than simply seeing in on the page if they are able to over look it.

The bias you take for the tutorial (what direction the tutorial makes them take to get the cash bonus, e.g. decomming farms and buying a stockpile of 400 per city from the market, or to go to coal mines and coal power plants, etc would be at the discretion of whoever is designing the new tutorial)

To not fully ignore the actual OP & poll, I feel the activity boost and all the other various new member bonuses may not be enough to fully give a player a taste of everything (my proposal), but this isn't doing much more than for example increasing the daily activity bonus. If they don't actually understand what's going on, or have to do anything to get it (such as, just signing in), they're not interacting and learning the game anyway. EDIT: To pile on to that last point, increasing the daily sign-in bonus at least makes them do something to earn it, rather than this current proposal. I think tying a resource bonus to daily activity would be a better fix than the current proposal. Still not my preferred option however.

Edited by KiWilliam
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

It's 50 days. If anything it might keep some people around a little longer as it gives them more money/resources to play with for the first month and a half. And as I said above it'll encourage raiding as if you're just sitting there producing, you'll get hit. And if people were gonna quit because they got hit they were gonna quit with or without the bonus. Your concerns about this are therefore irrelevant.

I'm trying to figure out what difference would this make though? It's just free handouts and this is not that type of game. Most people WOULD rather sit for 50 days and not even log on. Then when they decide to remember they had created a nation they come back and see the got

a) Removed from an alliance for inactivity

b) Got raided by people that actually are active.

Then they just delete their nation and/or never return to the game.

Edited by Deulos

13 hours ago, Deulos said:

I'm trying to figure out what difference would this make though? It's just free handouts and this is not that type of game. Most people WOULD rather sit for 50 days and not even log on. Then when they decide to remember they had created a nation they come back and see the got

a) Removed from an alliance for inactivity

b) Got raided by people that actually are active.

Then they just delete their nation and/or never return to the game.

Honestly, if they've gone inactive for 50 days then they're already a long lost cause. This change could possibly make that happen less, depending on whether or not the new nations need to actively log in to benefit from the proposed change.

If they don't need to log in to benefit from the proposed change, then so much the better: all the screwballs that build a nation and don't log into it ever again are now that much more viable raiding targets, giving new players that much more to do.

Actually, I'd even go so far as to propose that all new players gain some amount of flat production for 50 days, so that even if they've done nothing they are still viable raiding targets. I suspect that it's demoralizing for a newbie to declare on someone only to gain nothing at all from it.

I think this change benefits farming disproportionately to raiding. Most new guys that become raid bait have poorly constructed city builds which translates into small loot even with this proposed bonus, so it likely would be of little benefit to them in comparison to people that build or get built instantly to city 10, and receive a better ROI for doing so.

That said, raiding is pretty much on the way out, Alex apparently cares not for it, so might as well bury it.

Look up to the sky above~

resources only... so they have to be active and trade them to get benefit... and since this was originally suggested to improve raiding target viability i suggest we go back to the passive generation that scarf suggested and kiwi has adjacently come up with by automatically starting with improvements

3 threads for this idea that ive seen so far @_@

rawr