slot filling

This guy made a shady backroom deal in order to collect a 41 mil bounty https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=172660

1844646922_ScreenShot2020-05-22at8_48_06PM.thumb.png.45b2a677fdbcd71daee5d9e8bb0d4aa3.png

As you can see from the timeline, he declared an attrition war in accordance with the bounty conditions, yet did minimal damage with no retaliatory strikes despite the fact that the target has a far superior military and has been active recently.

2058936009_ScreenShot2020-05-22at8_51_34PM.thumb.png.e1e4606ade60ab41b17b240fcea7e539.png

1683268015_ScreenShot2020-05-22at8_53_59PM.png.2adae9157cbb57fd041ee1c73b1bef08.png

I don't know for sure if this is a rule violation but it certainly shouldn't be allowed because it makes the entire bounty system obsolete. Friends shouldn't be allowed to claim bounties off of each other.

• Administrators

Looks like a violation of the war slot filling rules to me.

Declaring war on a nation without the intention of fighting them is punishable by a nation strike and additional punishment for multiple violations. You are not allowed to declare war on nations to prevent them from being attacked by other nations. This same rule applies with spies and espionage operations. Knowingly participating in having your war or spy slots filled is also considered a violation of this rule.

It seems like there is a plot here to fill the slot so that no one else can get the bounty, which by my interpretation of the rules is war slot filling. Given that it's a "pre arranged deal" it seems to me that the defender is in on it and subject to the rules violation as well.

@Changeup any defense?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

It seems like there is a plot here to fill the slot so that no one else can get the bounty, which by my interpretation of the rules is war slot filling. Given that it's a "pre arranged deal" it seems to me that the defender is in on it and subject to the rules violation as well.

@Changeup any defense?

If you do consider this slotfilling, then I apologize. I did not consider this a rules violation. I believe this is the same as buying a treasure, which happens all the time, is not against the rules and is not reported for slot filling. If I am getting a nation strike for this, then I wholly expect you to make a rule against buying treasures. In addition, there were still two open slots on the nation, and anyone is free to attack them and steal those slots, or attack me (as two have done) to prevent me from taking it. 

How do we know the OP, @Avatar Patrick, isn't doing the same? After all, it's very suspicious that the only counters on him have come from my alliance and an ally rather than TLE, especially when two slots are still open.

• Upvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

That's a nice conspiracy you got there but the burden of proof is on you. I'd like to point out that as of this post, the active target with a stronger military has still not ordered a single attack against you while he just did an airstrike on my soldiers. Also, treasures and bounties are not the same thing. Treasures spawn randomly whereas bounties are deliberately placed by people who (presumably) want the bounty collected through active warfare.

Edited by Avatar Patrick
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

@Changeup any defense?

To be fair, the purpose of the war was not to slot-fill the target, but to remove the bounty.

Regardless, if you do think this to be slot filling, I'd ask you to give Changeup a break this time, because removing bounties this way has been legal for as long as I played, and most players(all that I've met with at least) were also under this impression. Furthermore, if you do go ahead and push this, I'd implore you to specify that in the rules, as technically speaking, removing bounties this way is not against the rules. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Goober said:

To be fair, the purpose of the war was not to slot-fill the target, but to remove the bounty.

Regardless, if you do think this to be slot filling, I'd ask you to give Changeup a break this time, because removing bounties this way has been legal for as long as I played, and most players(all that I've met with at least) were also under this impression. Furthermore, if you do go ahead and push this, I'd implore you to specify that in the rules, as technically speaking, removing bounties this way is not against the rules. 

Why would you even assume that it's legal? Because kt and cotl are allies? Raiding is pretty much dead in this game already. We don't need to kill it more by making the bounty system obsolete.

2 minutes ago, Avatar Patrick said:

Why would you even assume that it's legal? Because kt and cotl are allies? Raiding is pretty much dead in this game already. We don't need to kill it more by making the bounty system obsolete.

Fam, you could find a much better connection than just "allies" if you are looking to discredit my argument. But this isn't about me. 

I assume that's it is legal because I have played this game for 2.5 yrs, and this is the first time I've seen such a game report made. 

Meanwhile, I've seem this tactic of removing bounties used many times. And not just in "private" either. There was even an Orbis post made about such a removal of a bounty 1.5 yrs ago. And what? Nothing happened. No strike was given, no report was made. Why? Because this was thought to be the norm, and not against the rules. 

And again, next time, poke at my argument, not at me. Cheerios. 

• Administrators

I am not intending to be unreasonable here, and it has been allowed for Treasures in the past. I have now explicitly codified into the rules that actions like this are against the rules, so going forward, do not do this again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic