SNN-Thank You For Smoking

This could be the first color war in 6 years! Interesting. Personally, I think the color bonus is pretty marginal and poorly implemented. I mean, if 20 Grumpys joined maroon, that would also tank the color bonus :P I'd say the claim that Clover is violating the NAP by marginally reducing color income is a bit flimsy. But then I also think NAPs are generally a poor idea - we had years of conflict where people didn't jump a recovering alliance, without the need for them - and it's too long in any case. So I wouldn't have any qualms, personally, if Camelot 'violated' it in this instance.

If we are going to be stuck with these as a common feature of peace terms (please god no), though, this and the recent drama between TCW/CoTL suggest we might want to better define what, if any, legitimate grounds there are to break it. Or to consider it void between parties.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

6 minutes ago, Malleator said:

No, tanking someone's color is definitely an act of economic warfare. As much as I'd love to stir the crap, Epi is right here. 

Why am I not shocked this is coming from tCW gov?

unknown_3_1_65.png

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This could be the first color war in 6 years! Interesting. Personally, I think the color bonus is pretty marginal and poorly implemented. I mean, if 20 Grumpys joined maroon, that would also tank the color bonus :PPersonally I think the claim that Clover is violating the NAP by marginally reducing color income is a bit flimsy. But then I also think NAPs are generally a poor idea - we had years of conflict where people didn't jump a recovering alliance, without the need for them - and too long in any case. So I wouldn't have any qualms, personally, if Camelot 'violated' it in this instance.

If we are going to be stuck with these as a common feature of peace terms (please god no), though, this and the recent drama between TCW/CoTL suggest we might want to better define what, if any, legitimate grounds there are to break it. Or to consider it void between parties.

Clover isn't even part of the NAP pretty sure.

1 minute ago, Prefonteen said:

Nice terminology. Very remniscent of certain archaic political schools of thought.

Indeed, who knew imperialists were obsessed with Latin terms?

• Haha 1

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

4 minutes ago, Eumirbago said:

Ahhhhh things always tend to die hard amirite @Epi @Azazel

Last war, you guys call for the death of alliances, now you call for them to get out of something you can't control :P

IDK bro, from how I remember last war, it was as easy as reporting leadership for cheating to kill alliances and their allies. Which people nowadays can get immunity for apparently. Have you tried cheating and asking for immunity Eumir?

• Haha 1

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

I mean, the whole point of the color mechanics, however poorly implemented, was to add another axis of politics. I can't really fault them for trying, especially when other alliances also act to defend their colors to varying degrees. Whether they went about it a good or blusterous way, idk, I skimmed the screens so I can't speak to their tone.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

25 minutes ago, Abbas Mehdi said:

IDK bro, from how I remember last war, it was as easy as reporting leadership for cheating to kill alliances and their allies. Which people nowadays can get immunity for apparently. Have you tried cheating and asking for immunity Eumir?

Shiiiiieeeeeeeeeet, lowkey, I would have if NMA hooked it up lmfao

but nah, I like the dinero with how @Seb and the Hogwarts crew did it lmfao

Lxr4VfE.png