Very High Casuality Rates

Majima Goro

While doing attacks even against a very inferior army, the k/d ratios of the wars seem to be very high.
Eg:

05/20/2020 09:02 am

Queen Loka of Rising Sun ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Dragotical and eliminated 12 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Queen Loka's forces lost 41 aircraft, while High Executive Fredrick Kron's defenders lost 56 aircraft. The attack destroyed 40.36 infrastructure in the city of _Dis_ and 17 ships.

The attacker in question had almost twice the aircrafts than the defender.

I am sure there are more occurences of this happening out there which others will be able to report.

Once  again the defender had less than half times the army of the opponent but the aggressor and defender both lost almost similar units

05/20/2020 09:10 am

Prime minister Tenken123 of Siamese Empire ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Dragotical and eliminated 12 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Prime minister Tenken123's forces lost 33 aircraft, while High Executive Fredrick Kron's defenders lost 37 aircraft. The attack destroyed 33.03 infrastructure in the city of Tolandwhip and 15 ships.

I'd like to add that the defender had around 400 aircrafts vs the aggressor's 850+ aircrafts in first case and second was 850 vs 350

Just now, Rossiya said:

Soo ... the attacker destroyed a whole bunch of ships as well as more planes? How is this imba?

Both the defender and aggressor lose planes in the ratio of almost 1:1 even though they had planes in the ration of about 1:2
That shouldn't happen

17 hours ago, Rossiya said:

33 planes vs. 37 planes + 33 infra + 15 ships

41 planes vs. 56 planes + 40 infra + 17 ships

that's > 2x the $-damage

if you want big plane kill counts, target aircraft

Thats not how math works
So if my opponent has 2 planes and loses 2 planes, I too will lose 2 planes?

Also, I;ve noticed that Airstrikes against Aircrafts is doing way more damage to aircrafts with an almost 5:1 k/d ratio

• Administrators

There was a bug related to Ground Control that was fixed, but when I adjusted the casualty figures I set it so that in a normal airstrike, that attacker is expected to take higher casualties than the defender in an equal battle (attacker is doing both damage & killing planes, think fighters + bombers vs. just fighters, so the attacker should be expected to take more casualties.) In dogfights (targeting aircraft) the opposite is true - defender should lose more planes than the attacker in an equal army scenario.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

5 hours ago, Alex said:

attacker is doing both damage & killing planes, think fighters + bombers vs. just fighters, so the attacker should be expected to take more casualties

If that is the case, then we should be given an option to select how many bombers and fighters there are.

Also, this isnt happening only for planes. 
In Ground attacks, the casualty is usually more than the killed