Additional Project Slots

Prefontaine

Due to the increase in projects, and the difficulty in obtaining project slots as a new nation there needs to be more ways for nations to gain access to projects.

• Gain an additional project slot once all objectives are completed. https://politicsandwar.com/nation/objectives/
  • Gain an additional project slot once the tutorial is completed (once the tutorial new exists [which I hope is next month])

I'd like to hear other ideas regarding benchmarks to add a project slot or two. The focus should be on things new nations achieve. Maybe something like completing X achievements. Suggestions SHOULD NOT include changing the amount of infra that is currently needed to gain a project slot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

That being said considering the number of projects being added to the game it might be a good idea to give newer nations a smaller project timer.  For example if a nation is below x number of projects whenever they build a project they only have to wait 5 days until they can build the next one.

• Upvote 1

All of these new projects are really nice, but everything that’s been added since the city projects has been whale level stuff.  They are completely cost prohibitive for 80-90% of the game at today’s resource prices.  Without some sort of lower level mining projects being added, be they at a nation level or at a newly created alliance wide specialty level, all they are really doing is throwing the entire game’s economy into further imbalance.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arms stockpile. Bauxite Works. Civil Engineering. Gas Reserve. Intelligence Agency. Iron Dome. Iron Works. Mass Irrigation. Missile Launch Pad. Propaganda Bureau. As well as somewhat, Uranium Enrichment and Recycling Initiative.

These are all cheap projects that a new player could afford. Currently someone with 10 cities and 1500 infra in each city has 4 project slots. The 10 city mark is where the "new tutorial" is supposed to guide people to. If that's the case then these two project slots will bring that total 6. 

I did pitch some projects a while back that had a lower player focus. These were more at the brain storm level than most of the projects suggestions that I put out, as such since they didn't get much positive feedback I effectively scrapped the ideas:

Again, these were just some brainstorming ideas. I would probably shift the second one into a raw resource boost versus a commerce boost. Advanced infra would also probably be 5 extra slots from 1-10 instead of 10 then 5. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

31 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

snip

Just because new players could buy them doesn't mean they're viable.

All the manu projects aren't viable for a 10 city nation, neither is uranium or mass irrigation (lol wtf).

PB and IA are standard projects that are always bought, so sure. 

Missile and Iron Dome generally aren't the top priority for a smaller 10 city nation either.

Recycling Initiative is absolutely worthless unless you're building commerce, which you aren't as a new player.

That's about 4 projects maximum. I really don't see why new players need any additional project slots at the city range you seem to be focusing on (1-10).

In regards to the suggested projects:

1st Project - This is a lot more of a whale project in disguise than a low tier focused one since you say the bonuses would stay in the first 10 cities and not having it that way would make the project worthless altogether.

2nd Project - Commerce is generally ignored even up to c10 so new players would be getting a negligible bonus with all the pollution/disease deaths going on making the project pretty worthless. 

3rd Project - If you keep the requirement to be at peace, this is literally just not worthwhile. Remove the requirement and it's pretty solid, especially with the added benefit of promoting activity.

Edited by Bacchus
  • Upvote 3

On 5/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, lightside said:

Honestly we don’t need more slots right now. Giving nations more slots will just cause them to get most projects. It is better if we are forced to pick and choose how we specialize our nation.

This.  More decision making and specialization is a good thing.  That doesn't happen when it's too easy to max out on everything.

GnWq7CW.png

I prefer not to increase the number of project slots available. I think the limitation in project slots drive each nation to make choices on where to focus (especially now that we are having a bunch of new projects). 

I find the game more fun when nations are differentiated in what they are focusing on. More specialization makes it more fun. H

On 5/19/2020 at 9:08 AM, Bacchus said:

Just because new players could buy them doesn't mean they're viable.

PB and IA are standard projects that are always bought, so sure. 

preachhhhhhhhhhhh

also pb isnt till like 12... 11 earliest unless u really really need it for longer term low tier raiding

rawr

On 5/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, katashimon13 said:

preachhhhhhhhhhhh

also pb isnt till like 12... 11 earliest unless u really really need it for longer term low tier raiding

rawr

Naw

Remember that the PB gives you a 10% buying bonus, which is indeed less than the military purchasing benefit you get from a new city prior to c11... however, that benefit happens at a cost of 50 score as opposed to 100 plus infra. Even before cities became way overpriced in score terms, there were indeed benefits to be gained for super low score raiders, even if it was an unusual approach; now it's pretty much indispensable due to score inflation.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot